• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data COMPLETE: Fox Hitboxes and Frame Data

X1-12

Smash Champion
Interrupt-as-soon-as. Some moves have IASA frames, and during these frames, even though you are still in the attack animation, you can interrupt it with another another command.

You can see the difference on Marth's D-tilt. Do a D-tilt then hold shield (don't press a direction at all) and it will take the whole length of the D-tilt animation to shield, if you D-tilt into another move, the second move will start during the D-tilt lag (This is why Marth's repeated D-tilts are so fast).

You can walk, attack and I think jump during IASA frames - if you want to shield then walk during the IASA frames then you can shield instantly from walking.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you can do ANYTHING during IASA frames. Marth's D-Tilt is the only one I know of that disallows the GuardOn subaction change-action, so you can do anything except shield on frame 20.

Walt

Smash Ace
Try going into training mode, turn the game speed up to 2x then learning to shorthop. Once you play back on normal speed it's like slo-mo.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
thanks, I looked it up and you have to release it by frame 4. I don't need practice, I'm actually writing a college essay on smash :)

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
You should show the firefox without the hitbox obscured by the fire animation. I want to see how high priority it is, as well when its hit is most dangerous.

IronSquid

Smash Rookie
Man, it's been a long time since anybody posted here. This is probably a stupid question, and it's probably been asked before, but why isn't anything pertaining to grabs and throws ever put in these threads?

I feel like such a dumbass for asking that.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
"Look who's popular." Oh no....

Man, it's been a long time since anybody posted here. This is probably a stupid question, and it's probably been asked before, but why isn't anything pertaining to grabs and throws ever put in these threads?

I feel like such a ******* for asking that.
The grab and dash-grab are here. Did you mean something else?

If you mean just how long it takes to throw someone? The answer is that duration of the throw depends upon the character. For Jiggs vs Bowser the timing is almost double.

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
So the white part of his tail and his feet are invincible? Anyways, thanks for posting this, it really change the way how some people play.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Hey guys. Thanks for having this up and putting all this work into it, it's really useful, especially for use on places like Liquipedia. Just wanted to drop by and give you guys a quick thank you :)

Last edited:

Mr. Bean

Smash Apprentice
There's something I've been having a hard time finding. During fox's up-b, what frame does he start moving foward on? This thread clearly shows which frames the hitboxes are out on.

I guess a good question to add would be, does he start moving on frame 43 when the last hitbox comes out?

Last edited:
Top Bottom