• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complainning about Super Smash Bros Music!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros Ultimate has so many Tracks how could anyone complain about it?
WELL there are a lot of reasons to complain like for example the Overload of Main Themes!
We Have over 10 Zelda Main Themes
and over 7 Jungle Level Themes From DK!
Do you have any complaints!

FazDude

Smash Master
I have a few complaints:
  • Why does Sonic only get one remix? The Angel Island remix slaps, don't get me wrong, but it's Sonic the friggin' Hedgehog. I get why we can't have Sonic 1-2 remixes (copyright), but that still leaves a wide variety of classic music to work with.
  • Why didn't Banjo's Challenger Pack come with the final boss music from Banjo-Kazooie? The BK music lineup is otherwise perfect, though (even if I would have enjoyed some Nuts & Bolts tracks).
  • I get the issue surrounding it is really complicated and unclear, but I'm still kinda sad we didn't get any of C418's music for Steve.
  • The ERSB might have had a hand in this one; I'm kinda bummed we didn't get any DOOM music with the Doom Slayer costume. If mentioning the "DOOM" name is the issue, just make it a Top Secret track, like how "Top Secret" was used for Goldeneye content in Melee.
  • Why did you lock Dearly Beloved behind a $50 paywall, Nintendo/Disney.
  • No Octo Expansion music is a serious letdown on the Splatoon side of things
  • Finally (and I'm just thinking about this now), it would have been cool to get some free music tracks every now and then, probably coinciding with spirit events. Fury Bowser's theme for the Bowser's Fury event, Age of Calamity music for its spirits, etc.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Why does F-Zero music come before Earthbound music when Earthbound fighters come before F-Zero music?

Last edited:

Aligo

Smash Ace
As far as music goes, the lack of variety in the tracks chosen for the DK series is the biggest let down for me. Guess it has to do with the lacking stage variety.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I have one.

Why. Why does Wario Land only have one song...

There's more that would make good themes:
  • Super Mario Land 2 Medley (Remix) - a medley containing the Main Theme and Athletic themes from Super Mario Land 2.
  • vs. Wario (Super Mario Land 2) (Remix)
  • Main Theme (Wario Land) - A medley of all of the Wario Land themes from Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land.
  • Wario Land Retro Medley - A retro medley of various songs from Wario Land.
  • vs. Captain Syrup (Wario Land II) - A new remix of the Captain Syrup boss battle from WL2.
  • Out of the Woods (Remix) - A new rock remix of Out of the Woods from Wario Land 2.
  • Wario Land 3 Retro Medley - A retro medley of various songs from Wario Land 3.
  • Crescent Moon Village (Remix) - Crescent Moon Village from Wario Land 3. It’s a Japanese styled remix.
  • Time’s Up (Remix) - A high quality remix of Time’s Up from Wario Land 4.
  • Greenhorn Ruins (original) - Wario World
  • Spooktastic World (Remix) - A remix of Horror Manor and Wonky Circus from Wario World.
  • Pecan Sands (Remix) - A remix of Pecan Sands from Wario World.
  • Sub-Level Medley (Wario World) (Remix) - The two Sub-Level themes from Wario World, both the “underground” and “sky” variations.
  • Subterranean Panic (idk the real name) (original) - The music from Wario World when Wario falls into the caves and has to find his way out while avoiding those floating unicorn head ********.
  • vs. Shake King (Wario Land: Shake it!) (Remix) - A remix of the final battle from Wario Land: Shake It!.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Kirby Music Complaints:
  • Kirby Not having any Remixes outside of the Games Sakurai worked on! (There are only 2)
  • One of them Being an awful Remix of one of the most iconic Kirby Songs Zero 2 i mean seriously the original Was perfect Sakurai!
  • No Star Conquering Travler I mean Seriously thats like if FF 6 was in Samsh and they dont include any Phase of Dancing Mad! Im Fine with just the soul phase
Come On!
- No Knight Related Boss Theme Neither Dark, Galacta, Morpho or Meta thats just pathetic!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
While Pokemon and Sonic have an okay amount of songs, there's so much that feels sorely missing! Mewtwo got its own battle theme, so you'd think they'd have added that by now. And that's not even getting into the side games of both series that have banger OSTs.

Way too much main jungle theme for the DK series, way too little of the other songs.

While the game may be a mixed bag, Nuts and Bolts has a lot of bangers. It wouldn't have hurt to include a few.

The Persona music would have felt complete enough with Burn my Dread and Life Will Change. Weird that they got omitted, especially since the latter was played in Joker's trailer.

Why are there so few Bowser themes? The iconic ones from SM64 stand out as the most glaring omissions. Also, it still bothers me that "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" was played in the Geno Mii trailer thingy, but not included with his costume.

The Wario series deserves more songs/remixes from non-Warioware games.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I’m gonna bring up a different complaint and question why so many songs in the game have incorrect names. Some of them are just generic now (wtf is a Jungle Level the song is called Island Swing) and others just have completely wrong titles (Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior is a completely different song in Super Metroid… and the remix with that name in Smash is actually Theme of Super Metroid)

Ultimate did fix a few of these issues, such as when it finally renamed Mother and Mother 2 to their proper titles of Bein’ Friends and Pollyanna (I Believe in You). But there’s still a lot of work to do…

Im also gonna say for the billionth time that it’s an absolute crime that there are no Game and Watch Gallery songs

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Top Bottom