• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Sonic Impressions Post-Release

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Someone try this on Battlefield vs Dedede and Bowser plz. :applejack:
One of the first things I did when I got the game was to try that, but it didn't work. I also tried this again in the same match before the stage got to the next transition, but it didn't seem to work. Either I wasn't at the very edge of the platform, or it's possibly input reliant on the opponent. I'll try to test against cpus, unless someone wants to try testing now.

Edit: I've been trying to recreate it in training mode, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm going to assume that the Bowser was possibly holding down and for whatever reason, that made him go under the stage.

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
One of the first things I did when I got the game was to try that, but it didn't work. I also tried this again in the same match before the stage got to the next transition, but it didn't seem to work. Either I wasn't at the very edge of the platform, or it's possibly input reliant on the opponent. I'll try to test against cpus, unless someone wants to try testing now.
That's it, actually. Against an opponent who is conditioned to DI down to tech D-Throw in place, they'll fall through the platforms that don't have solid ground. If they try anything else, they'll just... take the throw as what would be intended/expected... :/

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
That's it, actually. Against an opponent who is conditioned to DI down to tech D-Throw in place, they'll fall through the platforms that don't have solid ground. If they try anything else, they'll just... take the throw as what would be intended/expected... :/
Oh, so any platform or stage you can come up through. That's good to know. Espy mentioned those characters specifically, because they would get semi spiked on the right side of battlefield, btw.

Edit: I've heard teching d-throw still existed in this game, but have yet to see it at all. Does anyone have any actual video evidence of this?

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No it didn't. :applejack:

That's good to know. Espy mentioned those characters specifically, because they would get semi spiked on the right side of battlefield, btw.
If this is what Espy was talking about; then, we're talking about two different things. I didn't even know that Bowser got semi-spiked. I do, however, remember that the right side of BF had a really crazy effect for D3.

Either way, what I was talking about is the opponent not being able to tech D-Throw on the edge of passable platforms.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
If this is what Espy was talking about; then, we're talking about two different things. I didn't even know that Bowser got semi-spiked. I do, however, remember that the right side of BF had a really crazy effect for D3.

Either way, what I was talking about is the opponent not being able to tech D-Throw on the edge of passable platforms.
I don't remember Bowser either, but it's been years since I played, so I'm just assuming. But yes, what you are talking about definitely seems to still be in the game. If teching d-throw is still possible, then this is definitely good to know.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh **** this totally happened to me too and I forgot to tell people

Thanks Phoenix for bringing it up <3

With that said, it's funny how similar it all is to Brawl... Like, they never found out about these problems or they did and couldn't fix them. I don't remember for sure about Bowser either, but that'd be greaaat if we could still do funny **** to D3.

It does really irk me though that they just couldn't do something about Sonic's Dthrow tech I mean really gosh

:093:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Wait so I think I might have mixed something up but you were talking about Bowser getting out of our Up Smash by hold down or something? If that is so, that is just Bowser I think cause he has that "Tough Guy" ability they implemented in him where he can take multi hitting moves and bunker himself down on the stage. If not then I mess read your post Phoenix.
And as for the stage thing I couldn't see what happened in the beginning of the video but whenever that happened in Brawl on the platforms of Battlefield I always felt like it was because I grabbed them in the air which made them able to pass through them. Idk if that happened at the beginning of this video or not though.

Also, fun custom move facts. If it wasn't known already.
Hammer Spin Dash Stays invincible on the ride up.
And Flame Spin Dash Beats MK's Drill Rush. Which to me felt like it had a LOT of "priority" and seeing it beat that was pretty clap worthy. lol.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Why does Bowser get to be a tough guy?

Why did they give Bowser so many rando buffs?

I want Sonic to have "Cool Guy" ability, or "Dude with a 'Tude" ability. Basically, it makes Sonic completely invincible during all taunts. Speaking of which, did anyone look into that one time Sonic side-taunted a Little Mac K.O.? Did we figure that out?

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Why does Bowser get to be a tough guy?

Why did they give Bowser so many rando buffs?

I want Sonic to have "Cool Guy" ability, or "Dude with a 'Tude" ability. Basically, it makes Sonic completely invincible during all taunts. Speaking of which, did anyone look into that one time Sonic side-taunted a Little Mac K.O.? Did we figure that out?

Went into training mode, punched Little Mac a bit, set the CPU to attack, side taunted and..

THE KO PUNCH MISSED

I'm trying it again but the CPU is waiting for my taunt to finish, that *******
Ok, I don't know what I did before but I'm not being able to replicate it. Maybe it was just a matter of range of the KO punch itself..

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Went into training mode, punched Little Mac a bit, set the CPU to attack, side taunted and..

THE KO PUNCH MISSED

I'm trying it again but the CPU is waiting for my taunt to finish, that *******
Ok, I don't know what I did before but I'm not being able to replicate it. Maybe it was just a matter of range of the KO punch itself..
Well then…

Yeah, I mostly expected it to be more of a factor on Little Mac's part and not Sonic's but… It's worth exploring.

True Blue

Smash Lord
I will mess with it tonight with a friend. Cause I have been doing that at night recently so might as well try that out. lol. Last night I was messing with the Ness Glitch on Corneria that makes explosions happen on the stage while absorbing the ships lasers.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Okay, so since it works with Rosa I think I understand what is happening then. Cause I didn't/couldn't see it before since the lasers are too bright for me to see on that stage. But I guess when they absorb things and they revolve around the move it has a chance to hit someone so it hits people without knowing thus making the explosion. Is that correct? Cause I couldn't see the lasers swirl in Ness' magnet but Rosa makes everything swirl around her and since you said that it makes sense now. lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Which glitch is this exactly? I'd like to see/learn it.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Stage won't be legal anyways. Something to do with Corneria and absorbing laser from the fly by arwing or the stage laser itself. Game goes all goofy and lasers shoot out in a different location.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Interesting. I don't care about the practicality or legality of it all, I just like learning as much as I can about the game. I tried like every Brawl glitch for myself just to see and try to understand how it works.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Top Bottom