• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Sonic Impressions Post-Release

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245254

Let's start this up. Post all impressions of competitive sonic meta here post-release. I'll go first.

I've been playing in For Glory quite a bit, and my win % is around 80%.

I have not too much experience with the Brawl version of Sonic but I seem to be clicking quite well with the Smash 4 one. These are some of my impressions.

Pros
- His split kick is good for edge guarding non-wary returning opponents to the stage.

- His 1-2-3 jab combo is faster, and has great knockback. Much improved from Brawl version. I use it all the time. You can pressure shields with this

- Spin jump combos are way more refined and intuitive. As long as you have mastery of your buttons you can really get some good damage on your opponent through the proper follow up aerials when landing a spin jump launch on someone. Spin Jump > uair > Spring > uair is so solid.

- Faster game speed, faster sonic. As silly as it sounds, Running As are a pretty defining part of my gameplay so far with how easily you can mind game people in to not being ready for it. The knockback of running a in Smash 4 makes them well worth the trouble of their ending animation lag.

- You can still shield cancel side b while charging.

- Nair seems less circular in motion but faster and better damage/knockback.

- Usmash is a kill move now.

- Bair, although given some hefty landing lag has a great lagged hit box that will hit late in the animation. It catches many people off guard.

- His homing attack is smarter and has a pretty awesome range.

- His side b is fantastic, it has speed, it's snap is amazing for catching people off-guard, and most importantly it still has the immunity on the upward part of its bounce.

- His split kick is good for edge guarding non-wary returning opponents to the stage.

Cons

- Despite the improvement on his up smash Sonic still has a bit more trouble nailing early killing blows compared to other characters even if you style your opponent. He racks damage quickly for certain though.

- Though Usmash is a kill move, its hitbox to characters on your side is rather small in that you kind of have to be right on top if your opponent, making it pretty unsafe in a ground-based neutral game. It works well on people coming from the sky and a disadvantage to air dodging in to the ground helps, but many smart players will use aerial attacks coming down making it again, a bit unsafe. So while it's a strong attack, it's not very safe. Satisfying to land though.

- Even though his dair has a spike it's still ridiculously unsafe to use it off stage because hitting an opponent doesn't appear to stop your animation IE YOU DIE with your opponent, unless you use it from high enough which makes it too predictable and hard to land anyhow. It is fun to ground bounce your opponents, however, as it sets up extra damage or combos. I am not really considering it a true KO meteor smash though.

- Took the disjoint off his utilt (this made me super sad).

I think there were other things but I'm currently on my way to dinner typing on my iPhone. Will edit later.

Overall I love Sonic so far. The faster game speed makes him a pleasure to play for speed demons who love spinning everywhere, and I think overall his strength is in his ability to mix up with his speed, and rack damage quickly after a hit-confirm on a spin.

His toughest match ups appear to be characters who can counter like Marth/Lucina and heavy weights because of his lack of ability to kill early like Bowser and the heavies don't receive as much knock back from his spins so they can act out of them on you sometimes. Counter is tough because Sonic is a fast character and when you're facing a player who is good at using it you have to be careful how you approach as running a and both spins tend to be easily counter-able.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Cons

- Despite the improvement on his up smash Sonic still has a bit more trouble nailing early killing blows compared to other characters even if you style your opponent. He racks damage quickly for certain though.

- Though Usmash is a kill move, its hitbox to characters on your side is rather small in that you kind of have to be right on top if your opponent, making it pretty unsafe in a ground-based neutral game. It works well on people coming from the sky and a disadvantage to air dodging in to the ground helps, but many smart players will use aerial attacks coming down making it again, a bit unsafe. So while it's a strong attack, it's not very safe. Satisfying to land though.

- Even though his dair has a spike it's still ridiculously unsafe to use it off stage because hitting an opponent doesn't appear to stop your animation IE YOU DIE with your opponent, unless you use it from high enough which makes it too predictable and hard to land anyhow. It is fun to ground bounce your opponents, however, as it sets up extra damage or combos. I am not really considering it a true KO meteor smash though.

I think there were other things but I'm currently on my way to dinner typing on my iPhone. Will edit later.

Overall I love Sonic so far. The faster game speed makes him a pleasure to play for speed demons who love spinning everywhere, and I think overall his strength is in his ability to mix up with his speed, and rack damage quickly after a hit-confirm on a spin.

His toughest match ups appear to be characters who can counter like Marth/Lucina and heavy weights because of his lack of ability to kill early like Bowser and the heavies don't receive as much knock back from his spins so they can act out of them on you sometimes. Counter is tough because Sonic is a fast character and when you're facing a player who is good at using it you have to be careful how you approach as running a and both spins tend to be easily counter-able.
So I have a few questions based on your impressions on the Cons before your edit:
  1. About U-smash, it's understandable when you explain it that way because after all, most Up moves are anti-air most of the time, so it not having a horizontal coverage hit-box is fair. My questions for U-smash are:
    --Is the U-smash hit-box at it's pinnacle of height able to poke / reach foes on top of platforms on stages like BattleField?
    --What's the Hyphen Smash like for Sonic? I'd like to know if Running U-smash makes up for the lack of a stationary U-smash horizontal coverage.
  2. For the D-air spike's hit-box, are we able to do a drop-off D-air & possibly recover? I know it sounds silly considering how much landing lag Sonic is dealt for doing it landing on-stage, but perhaps the cooldown of suppression you're forced falling down may be interrupt-able with DJ > Spring to hopefully recover snapping ledge.
    Here he does a SH+D-air for said reason(s), & was able to get back recovering. It looked close but I feel Sonic could still recover from doing a drop-off instead.
  3. I'm super sad about U-tilt's nerf too, perhaps there's compensation for it? Perhaps it deals more % than Brawl's did?
And hope you had a good dinner eating out. Thanks for sharing.:4sonic:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Here he does a SH+D-air for said reason(s), & was able to get back recovering. It looked close but I feel Sonic could still recover from doing a drop-off instead.
Seems like if you SH before Dair you'll be able to recover. With practice we should be alright.
I'm more worried about SRJ off stage to Dair. That's one of the first things I'm going to test.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Seems like if you SH before Dair you'll be able to recover. With practice we should be alright.
I'm more worried about SRJ off stage to Dair. That's one of the first things I'm going to test.
If In case SRJ to D-air is unsafe due to D-air's suppressing fall going to deep without a double jump, Footstool seems more fitting as the alternative to your testing. Hope it works out for ya.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
If In case SRJ to D-air is unsafe due to D-air's suppressing fall going to deep without a double jump, Footstool seems more fitting as the alternative to your testing. Hope it works out for ya.
Thanks. Sadly I'll have to wait until October 3rd like most of us. But I'll test everything about Dair and it's edguarding potencial (as I did in Brawl). I'll report back what I find.

D

Deleted member 245254

I may need some terminology lessons ^_^;

SRJ?

D

Deleted member 245254

Spin Roll Jump ;).

We use the SRJ to gain more distance off stage quickly and gimp/kill with Dair. After that Double Jump + Spring to recover.
This games increased weight and speed honestly terrifies me to attempt off-stage dairs in For Glory.

It's 2 stock 5 minute standard, a single SD pretty much spells doom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I think they meant SDR to SDJ.

Spin Dash Roll to Spin Dash Jump.

Anyway, go watch infzy's vid on SC and SD to get more acronyms to play with :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ34M-Bdo6k

ATM, I'm more curious about the height variation on the SDJ. Does it vary if you press A, B, up or Jump or are they all the same and only vary if you choose a custom SD/SC?

Also, maybe try using Up Smash OoS? Oh, and definitely try using ASC more.

D

Deleted member

Let's start this up. Post all impressions of competitive sonic meta here post-release. I'll go first.

I've been playing in For Glory quite a bit, and my win % is around 80%.

I have not too much experience with the Brawl version of Sonic but I seem to be clicking quite well with the Smash 4 one. These are some of my impressions.

Pros

- His 1-2-3 jab combo is faster, and has great knockback. Much improved from Brawl version. I use it all the time. You can pressure shields with this

- Spin jump combos are way more refined and intuitive. As long as you have mastery of your buttons you can really get some good damage on your opponent through the proper follow up aerials when landing a spin jump launch on someone. Spin Jump > uair > Spring > uair is so solid.

- Faster game speed, faster sonic. As silly as it sounds, Running As are a pretty defining part of my gameplay so far with how easily you can mind game people in to not being ready for it. The knockback of running a in Smash 4 makes them well worth the trouble of their ending animation lag.

- You can still shield cancel side b while charging.

- Nair seems less circular in motion but faster and better damage/knockback.

- Usmash is a kill move now.

- Bair, although given some hefty landing lag has a great lagged hit box that will hit late in the animation. It catches many people off guard.

- His homing attack is smarter and has a pretty awesome range.

- His side b is fantastic, it has speed, it's snap is amazing for catching people off-guard, and most importantly it still has the immunity on the upward part of its bounce.

Cons

Some questions:
About the split kick: Does it come out faster than his Forward Smash?
Can you still Hyphen Smash (Up Smash after stopping a dash shortly)? If so, does it improve the Up Smash's ability to KO on the ground?
How fast does he fall while spindashing/charging in the air?
And can the side special and/or spring ledge snap?

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Some questions:
About the split kick: Does it come out faster than his Forward Smash?
Can you still Hyphen Smash (Up Smash after stopping a dash shortly)? If so, does it improve the Up Smash's ability to KO on the ground?
How fast does he fall while spindashing/charging in the air?
And can the side special and/or spring ledge snap?
Side Special and Up Special both seem to ledge snap. Side Special, however, is strangely unreliable about it from what I've seen. I don't have the game myself yet, so I can't test under what circumstances it works.

Side Special's aerial release sends you forward and slightly up, then rockets you to the ground suddenly. You fall a lot faster with it than in Brawl.

Dashing Up Smashes are difficult to pull off on 3DS, since you don't have a C-stick to work with.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Interesting analysis. Overall, Sonic really got some good buffs. Hopefully, he'll end up a much higher tier than he was in Brawl.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I'm a little curious to something myself. In normal man's terms, can you "short hop" out of a spindash?(I believe Orochi asked the same thing) Also, can you shield cancel a released arial Down-B?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Pretty soon all these terms will begin getting more additions thanks to custom variations that will probably look like this:
  • HA / HA*2 / HA*3
  • SD / SD*2 / SD*3
  • SJ / SJ*2 / SJ*3 Note: SJ = Spring Jump for those who didn't know.
  • SC / SC*2 / SC*3 Note: SC will always be Spin Charge since Shield Cancel doesn't have custom variations.:p
Spin Roll Jump ;).

We use the SRJ to gain more distance off stage quickly and gimp/kill with Dair. After that Double Jump + Spring to recover.
Wanna clarify something. SRJ leads to the same result for SDRJ & SCRJ regardless due to both eventually rolling before jumping, yet FCSDRJ is faster & stronger hits, while FCSCRJ (dumb term lol) is slower & has multi-hits. SRJ seems like a general term, but because SD & SC's roll jumps while being the same distance & height, may have different properties airborne, I think I'm gonna prefer saying SDR>SDJ like Sonic Orochi said above. I can definitely be wrong & Sonic's technicality is off the charts for just Spin Dashing / Charging.
I'm a little curious to something myself. In normal man's terms, can you "short hop" out of a spindash?(I believe Orochi asked the same thing) Also, can you shield cancel a released arial Down-B?
So far excluding custom variations due to them altering the height of the hop / jump, not yet. Anytime Sonic ever jumped OOSD or OOSC, it was always a full hop / jump. And I believe that the ASCSC (Aerial Spin Charge Shield Cancel) has been brought back as a returning Sonic mechanic.

As for another question, I would of asked if Sonic's DACUS returned, but hearing that it's difficult to do a regular Hyphen Smash, I dare not ask anyone to try the DACUS.:p

EDIT: I would like to know the same answer @Pikablu Pikachu asked, involving if Sonic's DSmash's comes out before FSmash does. If they don't roll, & Dmash loses, then I'd rather use dFSmash instead. If DSmash wins though, you can expect I'll break dance for days.
EDIT#2:. . . I forgot how technical Sonic was.:4sonic: Bummer May Horus!

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
After watching a match just now on this stream: http://www.twitch.tv/zero , I think we might have to use terms like SCR and SDR separately, as it looked like SCR dealt multiple hits while SDR only did a single one.

Maybe now the charges you apply to SC actually do something more than just adding speed to the roll.

Also, I love how the air Spring bounces once and still retains its hitbox (at least it looked like it did).

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
After watching a match just now on this stream: http://www.twitch.tv/zero , I think we might have to use terms like SCR and SDR separately, as it looked like SCR dealt multiple hits while SDR only did a single one..
I noticed that too. Their properties seems to be different this time around.

EDIT: Double posting like a sir... I wanted to edit my post above. Sorry about that ¬_¬

Last edited:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I've got some questions. Is the ASCSC in the final build of this game? The same goes to stutter stepping and dash dancing.

Edit: Also what happens if you hold the normal attack button?

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't have the game (ugh) but as far as I remember, ASCSC is gone, but SideB can still be shield canceled (as mentioned). Dash dancing in all forms is gone but foxtrots are still in (from what I tried in the demo they seem worse). Stutter stepping smashes still works iirc.

:093:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Something I want to stress is that the games different feel makes Sonic feel different to play. I have a lot of backseat sonics in my stream trying to guide me but may not realize some of their advice is not really valid. It's something you kind of have to play to understand.

I think Sonic feels great but it's going to be VERY important you master your off-stage game or you are going to have a REALLY bad time in For Glory. We're talking near 200% recoveries on your opponents.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
DDP with Sonic will always be viable. Get out of here. :applejack:
Is DDP still in the game? I tried doing it in the demo and couldn't replicate it, at least not with the same timing. OFC I'm on the 3DS demo using not Sonic and was more focused on other mechanics.
I think Sonic feels great but it's going to be VERY important you master your off-stage game or you are going to have a REALLY bad time in For Glory. We're talking near 200% recoveries on your opponents.
You mean like, they're living until 200%, or we're living until 200%?

Sonic's edgeguard game was important in Brawl too, as his KO options were weak and generally unsafe with little to no set-ups, but are they still as bad or even worse this time around? Sonic could live surprisingly long though given his weight and momentum cancel, on top of his already great recovery.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Something I want to stress is that the games different feel makes Sonic feel different to play. I have a lot of backseat sonics in my stream trying to guide me but may not realize some of their advice is not really valid. It's something you kind of have to play to understand.

For me, Sonic felt different to play as simply because of the lack of a c-stick. It's funny to think about, but as a Sonic veteran, the spinshot is vital and it was in the E3 build. Hopefully it's still in the last build.

Asides that however, Sonic has always been a true mindgame character at heart. There were set-ups for sure, but a lot of it was all about us conditioning our opponents for a kill that otherwise shouldn't happen.

PsychoSy

Smash Cadet
I might be Late on this but Did anyone know you can Jump while charging your Side-b like the whole time?

Edit: Nevermind

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Excited to sink my teeth into sonic once the game drops here in the US. His custom moves i think will offer a lot to his already good pressure game.

Although the games speed and weight may make using dair offstage a bad idea i still think dair meteor smash into foostool jump will be a viable ko option

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
His custom upB is crap. Everything else has little utility.
Except that flame spin dash. That's awesome. :applejack:

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well we still don't know his last custom up-b as well as his last custom homing attack. Personally that spin dash that leaps really high up and buries as it's coming down (hoping that meteors as well) is interesting and could provide us another offstage edge guarding tool.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Is it that hard to follow opponents offstage now? I know that HAing offstage now kind of spells doom on Sonic, but maybe it's viable if you reverse it beforehand. Too bad Sonic's recovery was nerfed in SSB4.

Well we still don't know his last custom up-b as well as his last custom homing attack. Personally that spin dash that leaps really high up and buries as it's coming down (hoping that meteors as well) is interesting and could provide us another offstage edge guarding tool.
From what I've seen in that video from the other topic, it doesn't seem to spike at all.

On a side note, we know that SD still is shield cancellable, but is it now cancellable when at full charge?

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
RIP ASCSC. Anyone know if Spin Shot into Nair is a viable kill move off stage?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I have a feeling bair will still be the move of choice as it's even stronger now. Nair doesn't seem to have that big of a buff.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Nair i feel went mostly unused due to how unsafe moves where on shield due to the lack of any real shield stun, this time being that their is some sort of shield stun i feel Nair will be far more versatile than it was in brawl.

That aside, as much as i want sonic to be good i can't help but kind of want him to not be TOP tier.....i mean yea it's nice to be able to finally say sonic's top tier but it just would feel kind of sad knowing sonic wouldn't be able to jump up 8 spots on a tier list and people find it alarming. I mean personally i think he will end up high mid tier/ low high tier depending on how the meta advances and if custom moves become a stable (hoping they do).

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Shame. Nair would be more fluid to me in my personal opinion. I'm hoping I can alternatively use Fair otherwise Bair it is. Next thing I need to figure out is the strength of the Dair spike.

I don't want him top tier either hah. Everyone would then jump on the Sonic bandwagon like everyone did with Meta Knight or Fox.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
As long as he has the tools to be viable, I'll find a way to make it work. Whether he be top, high, mid, etc.

I don't think he'll be top tier, but I'm hoping for like high-mid... That seems to be the range for "viable" in Smash games, especially with how massive the roster is now. I see no way of Sonic being lower than mid, considering that only way that could happen is if the rest of the cast and the newcomers are substantially more buffed than him, which doesn't seem to be the case... Yet.

I hate talking tiers at this point though. It's literally worthless. There have been next to no tournaments and the game just came out in Japan... So there is no meta. America didn't even get the game yet.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I agree. All the so called "Top Players" who have the Japanese game are trying to create tiers based off what? The few people who play it and the Japanese input. Yes some characters seem like they have better tools at their disposal but I believe everyone looks completely viable. There was a "Invitational Tournament" with Clash Tournament (16 players). Guess which characters won. Ness/Little Mac and Zelda. Doesn't mean they are top tier. Just people don't understand how the characters work.

That's my two cents. Back to Sonic though haha.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well supposedly Zero and M2K think sonic is "OP"(which i doubt). Though i feel there are gonna be sonic band wagoners who will TRY to use him simply because they think he's OP.

Although i'm kind of pissed that this smash bros released early in japan. Sure brawl released a lot earlier in japan than this game did but the feel of brawl compared to melee was so drastically different that the release gap didn't really hinder those who had to wait. With smash 4 though i feel those who imported the japanese version are going to figure things out a lot faster and try and develop some type of meta that the rest of the world will probably end up following due to not having access to the game. I really wish they had done what Pokemon did and had it release world-wide the same day.

I mean this has no real baring anymore but i just feel like a lot of us old sonic veterans can't really do much at this point to help out newer sonic mains who have this game because of we have to wait. Although one things for sure once smash 4 hit here in the US i feel sonic's meta is gonna explode.

I know Zipzo said that the game makes sonic feel very different but i think for us veteran sonic users the shift won't feel as drastic due to having already become accustomed to how sonic's moves function on a fundamental level (Not saying that those who are new to sonic don't know what they're talking about). I for one am going to be trying to my best to be at the forefront for sonic's meta going into smash 4 as i just see so much untapped potential in the buffs they've given him....not to mention a lot of the people I've seen in For Glory mode on live stream can't seem to figure out how to deal with sonic(and not to bash on those sonic's but many I've seen only look decent/good) let alone one who is really accustomed to him.

Though i'm liking the changes made to sonic's Spring, while the games physics have nerfed how long he can stay airborne i feel the fact it snaps to the ledge if done right and the fact that spring continues to fall after it hits someone in the air on top of the fact teammates can use the spring with you to recovery makes me thing sonic has a lot to offer.

Also I've noticed that megaman can jump after he uses his Up-b if he hasn't used his 2nd jump, does anyone know if sonic can do this?

PsychoSy

Smash Cadet
Well supposedly Zero and M2K think sonic is "OP"(which i doubt). Though i feel there are gonna be sonic band wagoners who will TRY to use him simply because they think he's OP.

Although i'm kind of pissed that this smash bros released early in japan. Sure brawl released a lot earlier in japan than this game did but the feel of brawl compared to melee was so drastically different that the release gap didn't really hinder those who had to wait. With smash 4 though i feel those who imported the japanese version are going to figure things out a lot faster and try and develop some type of meta that the rest of the world will probably end up following due to not having access to the game. I really wish they had done what Pokemon did and had it release world-wide the same day.

I mean this has no real baring anymore but i just feel like a lot of us old sonic veterans can't really do much at this point to help out newer sonic mains who have this game because of we have to wait. Although one things for sure once smash 4 hit here in the US i feel sonic's meta is gonna explode.

I know Zipzo said that the game makes sonic feel very different but i think for us veteran sonic users the shift won't feel as drastic due to having already become accustomed to how sonic's moves function on a fundamental level (Not saying that those who are new to sonic don't know what they're talking about). I for one am going to be trying to my best to be at the forefront for sonic's meta going into smash 4 as i just see so much untapped potential in the buffs they've given him....not to mention a lot of the people I've seen in For Glory mode on live stream can't seem to figure out how to deal with sonic(and not to bash on those sonic's but many I've seen only look decent/good) let alone one who is really accustomed to him.

Though i'm liking the changes made to sonic's Spring, while the games physics have nerfed how long he can stay airborne i feel the fact it snaps to the ledge if done right and the fact that spring continues to fall after it hits someone in the air on top of the fact teammates can use the spring with you to recovery makes me thing sonic has a lot to offer.

Also I've noticed that megaman can jump after he uses his Up-b if he hasn't used his 2nd jump, does anyone know if sonic can do this?
Yea..I was quite afraid of that when ZeRo said sonic is "OP" because as you said, alot of bandwagoners are going to start using sonic because he's going to be OP. Don't know if that's a bad thing or a good thing though.:confused:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I still doubt sonic's is OP, he definitely is better than how he was in brawl and a lot of it has to do with the game itself (particularly the ledge mechanics). Though if they do pick up sonic i feel bad for if them if they have to play a veteran sonic player from brawl, as we've seen and played as sonic at his worst having this new and improved sonic only makes him more dangerous in a lot of veterans hands.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman

Hey Zipzo, been watching your stream. Enjoying it, went through a good deal of your archive, just wanted to pass on a third party perspective. Keep in mind, totally know i may sound ignorant but just some ideas:

1) Down Smash seems like a very viable move near the edge when they're knocked off, but if you look at the stream you literally go for it EVERY time they get knocked off. Once they see it, every single opponent(or most at least) Has pretty much expected you to go for it before they jump back on and try to kill you.
2) You rack up damage real well, but I'm noticing, you're relying on Back air and the tilts for the knockback. a lot of your opponents hit you with a smash attack and knock you off much earlier than you do. The Mario did it at the right time as well. I understand, it's much harder because of the lack of c-stick, but I do think that if you started using smashes more at higher percentages like your opponents were, you'd be getting those kills.
3) You said earlier you were spamming spin a lot. I think that's true, just because after a while I just knew exactly when you were going to go into a spin. The Link you fought and a few other chars saw that and immediately just waited for the spin before you attacked. I think the times when you're racking up so much damage, they don't know what button you're pressing and it's unpredictable WHEN you're charging. If they know your'e running, they just stand there and stick out a button while you take the damage and run off. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, Sonic seems like a viable char, and I hope I don't come off like a massive douche. Just an outsiders perspective! And constructive feedback!

Also, can anybody link me to where exactly M2K and Zero said those things about Sonic?

Top Bottom