• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comitting suicide on sudden death

swordplayer

Smash Rookie
This is the dumbest thing that someone can do. Why do people ever do this? Are they too afraid that they might loose that they would rather not even try? Can someone explain to me what goes on in there head when they do this. It's like they are giving up. I don't mind it because I'm the one who wins I just want to know why people are lame like this.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
This is the dumbest thing that someone can do. Why do people ever do this? Are they too afraid that they might loose that they would rather not even try? Can someone explain to me what goes on in there head when they do this. It's like they are giving up. I don't mind it because I'm the one who wins I just want to know why people are lame like this.
....you sure it isn't a Taunt Party? Either they don't care to lose and just want to get to the next match or they just don't want to deal with you because they're afraid of being beaten. If it's a real match and not a 3v1 then they just want to end it quickly, I suppose.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
What everyone else has said is pretty much true (especially downs)

So are you a person that actually taunts after winning a useless Sudden Death?

Also imo this is an unnecessarily thread.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
People do this to get on with the next match. They probably don't have a quarrel with you, so they just want to go to the next match and not deal with your nonsense. :p It's pretty lame though to just stand there while everyone destroys themselves lol

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Sudden death matches don't really determine who actually "wins" the match. Anyone can win one with a cheap shot, even someone who's never touched the game before.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
In taunt parties I'm a terrorist, I swear.

I could be your best buddy and then in SD I **** you up and leave. Taunt parties are boring though and some of the people you prevoke in the rooms suck completely. If they get a kill, "OMG, lets run away and pick *** camping stages like the temple!" Really they're making the characters they pick look bad.

Referring to pretty much any Sonic I find on wifi basic brawl. If someone I found actually mained Sonic and was actually decent/above average/pro, it would make my day.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I do for a few reasons.

1) To move onto the next match.

2) Friendly matches so I just kill myself. The opponent does the same. More like a race to see who self destructs first.

3) If I ever decide to be a crasher. Extremely rare I will self-destruct of one of the players didn't get involved. Usually I have 2 players that come after me and then I get SD with the one player that doesn't help out.

Otherwise I always try to win SDs if I'm against players with sensed egos and being sore losers.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Some taunt party's have a game where the person who SD's last is the loser. It can be fun if rules are respected.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Ehh... I usually feel left out if everyone self-destructs before I do so I also see it was a race.
Though I do agree it is to show respect to the other players.
I don't like to keep players waiting. I once had to wait for a Ness and a Lucas to die after bringing their damage to zero and just hanging out in Temple in the center where bombs don't drop. It took a while.

Other times, I get lazy and just want the next match to start.

link2702

Smash Champion
because 9 times otu of 10 in a sudden death...(well if both players are smart) they'll play so extremely cautious that neither will get a hit in, and then the bob-bombs will start falling....and then both players will head for the ledge and give you a boring show of two people jumping back on the ledge every few seconds to avoid getting killed, which tends to last like 5 minutes...

also what others have said, sudden death matches literally don't mean ****...helll all it takes is one simple read into a grab and its over...or a tilt....or a character who has a decent jab with the final hit having some knockback....or basicly any move in the game with knockback...

point is sudden deaths are pointless and literally don't mean crap....but i really do believe its that most folks just don't wanna deal with the bob-bomb ledge stalling for 10 minutes straight.

BlackHail

Smash Rookie
Er... maybe because they don't feel like playing Sudden Death. If you're at a tournament and you time out or both characters die at the same time(as in Ganoncide), then the character with the lowest percent or the one that caused the death would win. There would be no reason to play Sudden Death. If you're just playing a friendly then maybe they don't feel like getting hit by one attack and getting killed. Or maybe they just wanna go out like a boss. They could just be giving up. Why don't you ask the person? Different people have different reasons for doing things.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'll not SD with everyone on some occasions. But only if there's a good reason to do so.

Think, Tlink and Wolf's Side Taunts just as everyone finishes killing themselves.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
if im watching everyone fight and they've left me alone for the whole match and we go into SD, i will just suicide as a sign of respect. I didnt take place in the match so it'd be an insult to the people fighting each other. And ive been in a few rooms where this has happened.

The only time i dont suicide is if i'm fighting the room or 2/1 people i will fight them in SD and i usually win convincingly.

The1manarmi

Smash Rookie
I honestly do it when i know i will lose....i am axtually depressed in real life due to the fact that i never good at any competitive game i want to be but i can seem to get good no matter ho hard i try it just makes me want to commit suicide i dont do it for taunts but to just hide my saddness....if i could tell the people who i am going against how i feel they wouldnt think i would be trying to taunt them or make the game go faster but rather a person who is stuck suffering....everday of his life...

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
also what others have said, sudden death matches literally don't mean ****...helll all it takes is one simple read into a grab and its over...or a tilt....or a character who has a decent jab with the final hit having some knockback....or basicly any move in the game with knockback...
SD makes for a tense neutral exchange, that occasionally extends midair toward the hoop damage boundary off a weak jab. A true test of nerves.

Just bc Brawl backroom says it holds no meaning, doesn't mean there is nothing to appreciate....

Same goes for brawl as a whole. But incidentally most players suddenly care to win when you are trying to win 😵 but it seems there will always be people who care less about winning, and more about you losing, as they are eager to SD but not before the "public enemy" is eliminated. Fun.

Top Bottom