• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combat Walking - brawl technique

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
this is stupid. as far as i care, its basically auto-jab cancelling into itself. but this is useless so whatever.

-you can see it coming from a mile away
-its not some super impervious form of approach
-even if some jabs stop some projectiles on some frames, its easy to change the trajectory
-assuming you hit with it your opponent can easily DI out
-easily punishable

If you find out something amazing you should try to disprove your theory to strengthen your argument instead of thinking up as many possible situations in which it can prove useful while ignoring its glaring weaknesses.

brawl noobs are the worst. OHM AN fox's f-smash moves him forward!!! New AT c-walking. you spam cstick forward instead of moving. i found this meyself so i get all the credit unless its already been found out so dont haet PLZZKTHX :D:D:D:D:D

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
wow, is this really where brawl is headed? i understand people want to be the first to discover techniques but you're really clutching at straws here with "jabs move you forward, new technique"

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Combat Walking is a silly name, and Colorado knew about this before US release. We lovingly refer to it as the "Berserker Barrage". We first discovered it with Ike. Everyone can do it if they have a jab that moves them forward. Even if they don't, if they have a three part jab, they can do a stationery version of it.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, but it's kinda a waste with him. Sonic has better things to do than spam low priority attacks that do no damage.

Hey, wait a second...

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I thought it was called "Jab Walking" oh well..

LOL at above post.

Roager

Smash Ace
yea it looks cool but its pretty much useless
Not really. If the opponent doesn't know about it, they see your character spazzing out all weird. They'll hesitate, cuz they don't understand. It's not a big help, but it throws them off. But as long as everyone knows about this, it loses any use. Cuz, i mean, if you know what it is, you won't be confused, and you'll just go through it or around it, or whatever.

Top Bottom