• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
alot of people were complaining that they'd have to re learn match ups-- which isnt necessarily true. CGs are reduced but in the process your opponent/you die sooner. Its a simple trade off.

I would like to hear your opinions on 1.1DR once you guys get in some matches.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Hey sorry I didn't respond yesterday. I might be available sometime this week, but I think I have midterms soon so idk. I want to play though :/

QUIVO

Smash Master
Can anyone play tomorrow? I work at 4.

Matt/spencer, sorry I didn't respond back earlier guys. I was at work.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
No worries Quivo. When do you get off work? I might play for a bit if it isn't too late (I have to get up at 7 on Wednesday, so it'd have to be fairly early).

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
I can't tomorrow since my ethics prof loves to post surprise assignments on odd corners of the course website and not announce them in class, meaning I have a paper to write that I didn't know about until late last night. I'd probably be down for something from Wednesday on though.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I need to get some practice in this weekend or else I'm going to suck hardcore at DU V. Who's up for Saturday?

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
I'd be down for Saturday (I'll need a break in my exam cramming). Don't forget though that the football game is at home and traffic will suck until evening though.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I walk most of the time, so I know how that goes. Just wanted to make sure that people realized about the game. I could probably host 2-3 people max if need be, though parking will probably be pretty bad and I only have one setup myself. There are 4 guest spots in back, but they will probably be full Saturday (Though I could put the trash bin in one to keep people out, lol).

Otherwise, it's probably up to Frenchman or Quivo if they would be interested in hosting something Saturday since things will probably be chaotic as hell near Moose and AZ. I definitely need to get in some practice if I'm even going to consider DU though.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I'm notably north of campus, probably far enough that parking won't be so bad. I have two TVs, as always. Now, actually getting to/from my place on game day might not be as trivial - though you would be going in the opposite direction than most of the traffic in each case, so maybe it would be okay.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Moose, no DU V for you?
I'm still thinking about it.. Halloween is iffy. And I don't have money anymore :c
I can't host on Saturday but I can play for a while in the afternoon. The earlier the better though because I'll have to leave at around 5 :/

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
You suck, Q.
jk. also: no homo
Uh Crow if you can't host I'll see what I can do.. but no gaurantees :/

Crow!

Smash Lord
OK, I'll host. Saturday (tomorrow), 11am - 4pm, my place, whoever wants to show up.

PM for address / directions if you don't already have them.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
If I end up hosting, I could do it after 5:00. I only have one setup, so somebody might want to bring a tv/wii if many people are interested. I'm in 6B, the same building as Quivo (I think he has the address listed in the OP). Parking is completely open and plentiful, park wherever there's an open spot.

Or if we prefer playing somewhere else, that works as well. Quivo is at work, so it'd be limited to just my apartment, which isn't huge, but could probably handle 6 people fairly comfortably.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I can play anytime tomorrow. I have the day off :D

I don't work Saturday, but I forgot my friend's birthday is this weekend. I don't know if she wants to celebrate it Friday or Saturday.

Honestly, I don't want to drive unless no one else is willing to except Kiest. I would prefer to go for just Saturday, a big maybe for staying the night. I'll get back to everyone later with my definite answer in going.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
Is there anyone that plays Melee in Columbus on a regular basis? I'm trying to get back into it and was wondering if there was a smashfest/group of players that played weekly/biweekly or anything. I live on OSU's campus, so I'm pretty central. Let me know. Thanks.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I think there's a separate thread for melee Columbus smashfests run by d2law. I'm not sure if they play frequently though, but couldn't hurt to check.

Edit: Yeah, somewhat misleading topic title, but Columbus melee smashfests are being organized here. (link)

Also, Quivo, I can't play long enough that it'd be worthwhile for me to host a smashfest (I have a midterm on Friday that I'm not at all prepared for ><), but I'd be up for a little smash tomorrow (assuming you actually meant Thursday). If you meant today, I still might be up for a little smash once I get back from campus if I'm not too tired (won't be until after 9).

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, Dlaw runs the melee thread. They apparently don't play much anymore, and the melee scene in Ohio (well almost everywhere) is practically dead. However, he did text me last week to come play.. unfortunately I was already playing Brawl.

I meant today Spencer. I was hoping to play around 4 to whenever. I can play before then if anyone's down.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to host a small smashfest tonight at like 7 or later, still not sure yet I'll know closer to 6. And for this weekend I'd prefer to go Saturday morning, maaaaybe stay the night (I plan on playing Reach at this if they are still doing that). If I'm driving I'd be ok with driving back late Saturday night if that's what people want since it's only like an hour drive, all I ask is for some gas $. If someone else is driving, my vote is for leaving Saturday morning >.> I don't want to be there Friday-Sunday

edit: looks like i cant host tonight :/

QUIVO

Smash Master
Cool, at least one other person is in the same boat as I am.

I never worry about gas really, everyone's always cool about sharing gas money. I just feel bad when I drive cause I know sometimes people get hungry and I'm playing smash/get distracted and don't always drive to get food : (

Top Bottom