• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, GA - Smash Dinner 2008 - Now a tournament!!!

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman

What's up?
So I've been thinking it'd be cool if I could treat everybody to dinner after having an all day smash event =3 However, I'm not made of money, so I won't be able to manage to pay for everybody obviously. Although, I may not be able to have the whole dinner event on me, I'll try my best to treat as many of you as possible =3
Any input, advice, feedback and/or support will be welcome =P

DATE: TBA - Sometime in November
TIME: TBA
MONEY I HAVE SAVED: $100 - Not much but it's a start
RESTAURANT LOCATION: TBA
SMASH LOCATION: Columbus State University
Columbus, GA 31907
4225 University Ave
The Davidson Center Room

The NOT Invited:
Jewdo - Justin

Those I'm Treating:
1) Alpha
2) Gerbil
3) Tsunami
4) JX
5) Peru
6) Reflex
7) Sushi
8) Nytez
9) Boss
10) DP

Saltix

Smash Lord
Am I invited?
lol.

EDIT:To the smash event I mean. Practice is Valuable and idk any duluth smashers. :[

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Anybody that's not on the "Not Invited" List is invited =P
And you can come to the dinner part too, but you'll just have to pay for yourself if you're not on the "Those I'm Treating" list.

Also for those interested in a Guilty Gear event coming soon =P
Tension Pulse 2008

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
why aren't those guys invited lol

i have met jewdo before so i am interested

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
why aren't those guys invited lol

i have met jewdo before so i am interested
Jewdo is a very cool guy and very nice. Among the nicest people I've ever met. Although, there are some things that are between me and the rest of us. Nothing personally against him, I mean, it's not like I can stop him from coming. He's just not invited to join us is all =/

EDIT: Simply put, some people are uncomfortable around his presence (I'm not saying any names), and I wouldn't want any static just because of people differences >.>

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You don't need to do this, but I'd definitely love to come. You're a great guy; we should pull money to help treat you in the meantime, heh...

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Sweet hopefully I can come.
Here's hoping you can come too. Looking forward to your invite =3

You don't need to do this, but I'd definitely love to come. You're a great guy; we should pull money to help treat you in the meantime, heh...
No no, this is something I've been wanting to do comin' on a year now. I've just never had the initiative to do it =P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, it may not be much, but I'm thinking about Buffalo Wild Wings... Anybody have any objections?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Here's hoping you can come too. Looking forward to your invite =3

No no, this is something I've been wanting to do comin' on a year now. I've just never had the initiative to do it =P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, it may not be much, but I'm thinking about Buffalo Wild Wings... Anybody have any objections?
I'm not much for wings, but I know most everyone else is, and it's not like I dislike wings...that should be fine.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I am thoroughly interested in knowing the full and complete story as to why Jewdo is not invited to this =D

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
I am thoroughly interested in knowing the full and complete story as to why Jewdo is not invited to this =D
I don't think it's my business to share other people's business =/

i'll go, but i can afford to pay myself, so i'll elect to not be treated.

I'll go given that alot of people make it.
Oh snap! XIF xD
Glad to have you. But I please don't scare me with your tantrum while playing smash =(

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
u know you want it
If it was turned into a tournament, I'd be tempted to charge a $5 entry fee.
But, we can take a vote. Smashfest/Dinner or Smash Tourney then dinner =o

EDIT: I'm thinking about leaving it as a Smashfest... I don't have any prizes to put up =/

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Alright, we'll do a vote. But to be clear about this, if the votes result in a tourney, it's with the understanding that a prize isn't available and will follow these conditions:

Entry Fee for singles is $5, no exceptions. Side Low Tier Tourney will be free entry, again no prizes. And I haven't decided on a fee for doubles =/

Using Melee tourney rules. 8 minutes, no items, etc, etc.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
tourney for me
but the entery fee should be raised like 15 for singles 20 for doubles(10 per teamate ) lets not be cheap when this is annocned 4 months in advance

now for the side attarctions time permmiting of course(you can be cheap here if you want)
5 for low tier singles and 10 for doubles

im sure the colombus guys would be glad to help run this as well i guess after the day of smashing we can eat where ever

Jx31

Smash Ace
Alright, we'll do a vote. But to be clear about this, if the votes result in a tourney, it's with the understanding that a prize isn't available and will follow these conditions:

Entry Fee for singles is $5, no exceptions. Side Low Tier Tourney will be free entry, again no prizes. And I haven't decided on a fee for doubles =/

Using Melee tourney rules. 8 minutes, no items, etc, etc.
I say tournament, and by no prizes I hope you mean nothing extra besides what is won from the pot.

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
I say tournament, and by no prizes I hope you mean nothing extra besides what is won from the pot.
I meant, no prizes at all. Cause I wanna use that for the smash dinner =/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes:

Tournament: 2 votes
Smashfest: None

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Okay! I'll agree to this much. I refuse to host a tourney at my Smash Dinner 2008. However, if somebody else that I agree to wants to host tourney responsibilities, then that's fine with me. Because I won't do it. Under the conditions that a free entry low tier side tourney is hosted (Luigi, Link, Y.Link all legal).

Until somebody lets me know they're willing to host... Then it shall remain a smashfest =o

Prizes and Rules, for the main tourney(ies) is up to the host.

DMOC

Smash Rookie
OH SNAP O_O
I'M DEFINITELY COMIN' TO THIS =D
btw, It doesn't matter to me. Tourney... Smashfest... I HEARD FOOD!!!
Can I be on the treated list???

(Unfortunately, I don't have the experience to host a tourney, so I can't host)

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure. Right now I have the money for 10 people. Hopefully I'll have more by November and if I finish listing more people on my priority list, then I'll add you =]

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Alright. The Alpha Gundam has agreed to take over as tourney host for Smash Dinner 2008 =P
Smash Dinner is now a tourney.

Top Bottom