• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
I'm posting this here and in the Springfield thread so everybody gets to see it. But here's Akuma in a video that Grant found on mlgpro.com...
http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/vid...de-301-part-3-dr-pepper-ultimate-gaming-house
His first appearance is at 4:50. He's in there a few more times and I think even his girlfriend is in there at the end lol.
Hahaha, yeah we both made it onto TV for an event for our club. Speaking of said club, I'm going to try and use it as a resource to hold MONTHLY SMASHFESTS in Columbia. I should theoretically be able to get ANY ROOM on Mizzou's Campus to use, as well as FREE PIZZA AND DRINK for people... assuming they hold through on their end of the bargain.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Not sure if I said this to you or Sinister at the last Pathways, so I'll just say it again. In case you haven't noticed, Pathways is the 3rd weekend of every month. If you could somehow plan the monthlies to be the 1st weekend, that would be awesome because Springfield and Columbia could meet every other week.

But it wouldn't have to be the 1st weekend, it could be the 2nd or 4th. It really doesn't matter. It would just be awesome if it wasn't the 3rd so we both can attend both monthlies.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you did say that to me. I'll see what I can do... Basically when the semester starts I gain all my organization power and pull back, so I'll go from there.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Monthly Smashfests in Columbia? I might be able to do that.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Terral has a point. We plan our smashfests (not including Pathways) within the same week as the smashfest. Terral has told us that Wal-Mart does scheduling 3 weeks in advance so that could explain why he can't make it to anything but Pathways. If Columbia held monthlies, then I'm sure they would have their dates posted well over 3 weeks in advance and Terral could easily ask those days off.

I believe in Terral.. What about you?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm hoping I get an internship position at a local game developer. Ideally this will mean I can leave Wal-Mart, and I can't imagine this place having a less Smash-friendly schedule.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
roman next time I ain't even going to give you any mercy, using my DK against you

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It's Black Lantern Studios. And they do have a very odd name for a shovelware company, you're right.

ks0ccergk

Smash Cadet
Nerf Dora, buff Swiper.

Boots is fine imo.

Also, I remember the guys from the ultimate gaming house in Columbia. I saw them at Wal Mart later that day lol. They were picking up beer and stuff for a party they were going to, and I got to talk to Lenox about how awesome super smash bros and starcraft 2 is. It must have been literally right after they finished, because they were still driving the giant van thing and had their MLG shirts on.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Sinister and I are thinking about splitting a dazzle. (meaning we are going to get one).. So we'll be able to always record, so that way when he does some ultra **** combo on me, the world can know about it. Rather than me just wallowing in my own personal OHMYGAWDTHATJUSTHAPPENED :'(

Also maybe I'll be able to improve at an even more rapid rate getting to visually see all my mistakes.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Soooo we're not generating enough hype for MIST. It SHOULD be in the MAJOR TOURNAMENTS section on every home page for the smash community to see...but its not. Anyone know someone that they could pull some strings and get it listed there?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Soooo we're not generating enough hype for MIST. It SHOULD be in the MAJOR TOURNAMENTS section on every home page for the smash community to see...but its not. Anyone know someone that they could pull some strings and get it listed there?
If someone were to explain to whoever is in charge of the Major Tournaments section that this is going to be one of the largest Midwest tournament that has went on in years, maybe they might take the hint.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yea I totally agree Zant. And thank you Jared but I don't think its quite done yet. Need to remove some ppl and add a couple more things.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Pathways on the 16th. Coming up so soon.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Good topic start, Terral.

Who all from Columbia is going? I expect, at least, the usual 3 (Sinister, Akuma, and Bert). Anyone else going to come?

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Good topic start, Terral.

Who all from Columbia is going? I expect, at least, the usual 3 (Sinister, Akuma, and Bert). Anyone else going to come?
It may just be us three, unless InsertTag (Kellen) wants to come down too.. Although he may be busy since I remember him saying something along the lines of I'd play him next at MIST... But since he's coming down here to Columbia to play soon, I don't really know anymore.. I'll have to ask.

Also for future reference there basically isn't any smashers in Columbia besides us four. Ydennek (Sam1) and Leviathan (Navneet)
Toaster Streudal
basically don't play anymore or rather, haven't seemed to care to play anymore... So they won't be going to any tournaments as far as I know, which also means they are irrelevant to consider.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yea Akuma is dead on when he says Leviathan and Lordydennek are done. As far as I know all they do is play LoL all day. They never post in here, so why even include them in the topic, ya know?? Its really stupid. Our CoMO crew just seems to be getting smaller and smaller...

Top Bottom