• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colors make you play better/worse

Insom

Smash Apprentice
I feel like certain colors make make me play better/worse. Like when I use black Marth, I play good, and when I use white Marth, I play bad. Honestly, how many white marths do you see?
Everyone uses a specific color on their main. Examples:
Falcon
Darkrain > Black
Hax & Scar > White
Falco
Dr. Peepee > Green
Mango > White
Marth
Ken > Red
Everyone else > Black
Shiek
Mew2king/KirbyKaze > Black
Captain Jack > Red
Fox
Leffen/Sfat/Lucky/Mango > Orange
Hobby > Purple

What do you all think? Who is your main, and what color do you use?
Would you say you play better with that color then others?

RanokiRedhair

Smash Rookie
Marth, Red

Not that it applies to vs. but I can't for the life of me use white Marth in HRC. Completely throws off my timing for aerials for some bizarre reason.

Insom

Smash Apprentice
Marth, Red

Not that it applies to vs. but I can't for the life of me use white Marth in HRC. Completely throws off my timing for aerials for some bizarre reason.
You know, actually I do pretty good with white Marth sometimes. I imagine that white=god tier and BOOM I play good. It only works sometimes though.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
It's my first one, give me a break.
I like the thread. I find myself picking a certain color when I want to play serious. I bet many people have a serious mode color.

I am white Marth user myself. Its looks best in my eyes. It makes me stand out I suppose, which is nice. The white is classy.

Insom

Smash Apprentice
I study how to use characters by watching tourneys and whatnot on youtube, and most people use black, so that's probably why I use play good with black marth.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
For Jigglypuff, I prefer the green color (the headband that Hungrybox uses) because the ribbon helps me visualize my momentum.

I once picked red Falco when playing with my friend who plays red Falco and is much more easily confused and flustered than I am, despite him having the much better Falco, and I actually managed to win (we color glitched and both played Falco).

Mango switched up his Falco colors against PP at a major tournament (maybe ROM4) to make PP think he wasn't playing seriously, when he actually was.

Game & Watch players (and some other characters, to some extent) can pick colors that blend in more on different stages, particularly those with dark backgrounds or dark lighting, like Kongo Jungle 64.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
That's not very nice Bones ;_;

I can't take myself seriously when I use Pink Falcon.

It's bad enough when I'm suppose to be playing seriously I start Falcon punching like an idiot.

Pink Falcon is still beautiful.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Real talk, color can make subtle changes to a person's mood. For example, wearing red will make people who see you subconsciously more excited or intimidated, while blue is more calming. It's super minor but it's there.

Insom

Smash Apprentice
Real talk, color can make subtle changes to a person's mood. For example, wearing red will make people who see you subconsciously more excited or intimidated, while blue is more calming. It's super minor but it's there.
What do you think darker colors (such as black) do?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Being constantly exposed to blue kind of makes me depressed all of the damn time. It's such a dull, bland hue.

The only ones I know/agree with are that Yellow induces insanity and seafoam green is calming.

Insom

Smash Apprentice
According to this wiki:

Violet/Purple
Authority
Sophistication
Power

Guess who's going to use purple marth in Project M

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Violet evokes ideas of mysteriousness as well, being the most uncommon colour in nature. This is in all likelihood why it is also associated with royalty- being able to afford large amounts of violet dyes alongside rare metals such as gold in your wardrobe meant you had the means commoners did not.

WHY THE **** CAN'T I UPDATE MY AVATAR

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
placebo. use your favorite color and you'll probably have more fun.

i use purple marth but red diddy. depends on the char :p

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
On a related note, violet is the rarest naturally occurring eye color.

I don't know. Are you doing it right?
I updated it a week ago I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right by pressing "upload your own avatar" and then pressing okay after selecting the avatar and getting a "Avatar updated successfully"

Trying to update it to:

Also mahogany is a pretty cool colour does anyone have a mahogany pallet?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
If i play anything but green scar Falco (Yes, the texture hack) i suck, an thats a problem when nobody uses texture hacks :c

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Don't understand the white Marth hate. It's so clean; a heavenly prince. Red is cool too, much more intimidating than black.
CF - Red
Falco - Red
Fox - Blue
Sheik - Blue

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
I'm almost certain darkrain is my worst color. I generally play better in any other color. Best is some combination of isai, hax, and ss. Sometimes jiano on a weird day.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Dark Green Falco on Battlefield is hard to see (so it's best color if you're playing there, nothing like adding more jank advantage to your Falco game). In Smash 64 they banned certain character's black textures on DKJungle.

Cyan Falco sure is stylish though, especially from Mango and Zhu playing him

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
I always play purple Fox or blue Falco. Just easier for my eyes to track them on the screen for whatever reason.

Top Bottom