• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colored People

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Whats the deal with the colored spheres next to a persons name on the friend list?

I HATE IT. It taunts me everyday like wtf is its purpose?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Read your Brawl Handbook.

Red Sphere = Laggy
Green Sphere = No Lag

or so says nintendo...

(my best friend has Red, we never lag. my other friend has green, we have like 10 frames a minute lag)

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥It shows the how good is the connection you have with someone! ^__^

Blue - almost lagless
Green - some input lag
Yellow - moderate input lag
Orange - pretty heavy input lag ( almost unplayable)
Red - bad lag ( unplayable for those not used to it)

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
♥It shows the how good is the connection you have with someone! ^__^

Blue - almost lagless
Green - some input lag
Yellow - moderate input lag
Orange - pretty heavy input lag ( almost unplayable)
Red - bad lag ( unplayable for those not used to it)
Thanks ....how you guys like the title 0.o I just realized what it meant right now...

Phoenix812

Smash Cadet
True. I also expected to find some sort of racist comments here, but now.... Well, let's just stick with "lol".

You should try playing more with friends with Green, Blue, or Yellow colored circles more than Orange or Red. [Red in particular]. There's one thing I'm confused about though.... How can such a small thing "taunt" you and cause you to hate it? I don't see how one can be annoyed by such a small object. If it annoys you that much, just ignore it.

NOTE** From time to time, the circles are not accurate, but don't count on this happening. It's a very rare occurance for whatever reasons.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
wow, "colored people" is a terrible name for this thread, which not only implys racism but attracts flame wars and other terrible things of the like. Peachy already said what the colors by WiFi names meant, so please just change the name of this thread...

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
True. I also expected to find some sort of racist comments here, but now.... Well, let's just stick with "lol".

You should try playing more with friends with Green, Blue, or Yellow colored circles more than Orange or Red. [Red in particular]. There's one thing I'm confused about though.... How can such a small thing "taunt" you and cause you to hate it? I don't see how one can be annoyed by such a small object. If it annoys you that much, just ignore it.

NOTE** From time to time, the circles are not accurate, but don't count on this happening. It's a very rare occurance for whatever reasons.
Its taht uhh i have alot of friends and when i scroll down quickly its like a super seizure mirage 0.o

Phoenix812

Smash Cadet
I also have a lot of friends, but I try not to pay attention to the many circles of yellows and greens. I can see where you're coming from. Yes, it's a horrible thing to deal with if that's what you do often. However, under those conditions one can only suggest that you ignore it.... :(

Denzi

Smash Master
wow, "colored people" is a terrible name for this thread, which not only implys racism but attracts flame wars and other terrible things of the like. Peachy already said what the colors by WiFi names meant, so please just change the name of this thread...
It got people to respond, didn't it?

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
What does it mean when there is no colored sphere? And is it possible for one player to experience lag and the other player not to?

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
As far as I'm aware, yes, your opponent can lag while you yourself don't or visa versa. And welcome to the smashboards :).

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It just means you haven't played them in a while I think.

and the title caught my attention too....=P

towelie892

Smash Cadet
Well, the title certainly got my attention. But the others are right; the colors are how good your connection with that player is. Red is really bad, orange is bad, yellow is decent, green is good, and blue is excellent (just thought I'd further clarify);)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion

Chill the :lucario: out. People will come, read the first post, and say "oh".

romarthx2

Smash Rookie
What does it mean when there is no colored sphere? And is it possible for one player to experience lag and the other player not to?
I don't know what it means to have no sphere, i've had it to. But i think it's not possible for one to experience lag on one side, and the other not to. I think i'ts on both ends, or so i've heard. Another thing to know is not to really look at the colored spheres, they lie a lot. Someone can be red and when i play with that person it's almost no lag.

Top Bottom