• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Good games Igneous. I was laughing all the way through that Jiggly - Samus match on FD, but little can top that last match with v!rus. Your Link rescuing my Pikachu just made everybody goofy, I think.

Anyhow, as for our matches, as you can see I am totally helpless when playing anybody besides Fox. I'll give the benefit of superior skill to you. I especially like where your Zelda is going but she still seems to be missing something and I don't know what...
We typically call it skill, mmhmm.

Joking aside, from what I've heard (and I'm only saying heard), it sounds like Igneous could stand to be a little more aggro. Zelda's amazing on defense, but her pressure is great everywhere. Mike won the first round of Zelda v Marth for a number of reasons, none of which (despite his claims) had to do with him camping, though it does work rather well against Marth. Brawl is more defensive/spacing, but outright camping will still hurt you more than help, as is evidenced by how easily I can eat Pit players alive with Sonic. Then again, when I was doing nothing but spamming arrows and running away, it not only served to irritate Mike, it also netted a stupid win streak I didn't deserve. Maybe he is right. Hrm...

Either way, if Zelda attacks your shield, chances are anyone aside from Olimar should reposition themselves, because you aren't going to get her before she can start up another move, unless she just finished with an aerial/neutral-b/Din's fire at really close range. Also, don't approach her from above with most characters, it will only net you getting usmashed. Other than that, I'd have to play both you and Igneous to tell you what's probably happening.

Which reminds me, you guys better come tomorrow. I don't want to play nothing but the old Melee players, that gets lame after a bit.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
We typically call it skill, mmhmm.

Joking aside, from what I've heard (and I'm only saying heard), it sounds like Igneous could stand to be a little more aggro. Zelda's amazing on defense, but her pressure is great everywhere. Mike won the first round of Zelda v Marth for a number of reasons, none of which (despite his claims) had to do with him camping, though it does work rather well against Marth. Brawl is more defensive/spacing, but outright camping will still hurt you more than help, as is evidenced by how easily I can eat Pit players alive with Sonic. Then again, when I was doing nothing but spamming arrows and running away, it not only served to irritate Mike, it also netted a stupid win streak I didn't deserve. Maybe he is right. Hrm...

Either way, if Zelda attacks your shield, chances are anyone aside from Olimar should reposition themselves, because you aren't going to get her before she can start up another move, unless she just finished with an aerial/neutral-b/Din's fire at really close range. Also, don't approach her from above with most characters, it will only net you getting usmashed. Other than that, I'd have to play both you and Igneous to tell you what's probably happening.

Which reminds me, you guys better come tomorrow. I don't want to play nothing but the old Melee players, that gets lame after a bit.
I work Saturdays so it's hard for me to make it to smashfests.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Oh, by the way, nice side dodging. Rare to see someone else who practices it.
Well cause once you start playing people who understands how to punish sidesteps, you'll hate yourself. Like me against Tony, I just kinda force him to sidestep cause hes scurred then I just wait and Fsmash. It's hilarious since like every time I do it he says out loud "****it I knew you were going to do that" or something to that effect. Moral of the story, don't play like Tony.

Is Colorado going to cutthroat?
http://www.crea.coop/

And yes, of course we're going wtf?

V

v!rus

I would have made it, but I slept in. ):

Shame, it would have been fun. But I also have more pressing matters. :O

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
hey guys finally got the lan adapter. Yeah, don't know when i'll be on though since everyone i already added along time ago are still awaiting regestration. If anyone wants to play me send me a message through MSN or AIM first and i'll get online.
MSN-bulzeeb14@hotmail.com
AIM-lgtbulz so send me a message and friend code.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Lame shouts is short

Yang - GG
Tony - 4th for life

Also, I went to the huge wifi wars thing for funsies

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159067

Lunchmeat represent!

Also Nite is there! Doing good with a current 3-0

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159061

Go Colorado! Now please, when something big like this happens, POST IT IN THE **** THREAD! Don't keep us out of the loop, what's the point? Without the rest of us, we won't be able to truly show everyone and Gimpyfish how Colorado ***** every state in smash and tier lists.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I won this tourney.

^.^

1st. Tim
2nd. Yang
3rd. Ferdi
4th. Zeal, as it was written in the making of time
5th. Ryyudo/Mistyks
7th. Lovo/Erg

The turnout made Tim a sad panda. I wonder how Mikezor did at the gamestop thing today...

Also, nice repping in the wifiwar stuff, Nite and Lunchmeat!

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
someone took my control and left their crappy *** silver one. (Mine is silver with a V etched into the back)

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I won this tourney.

^.^

1st. Tim
2nd. Yang
3rd. Ferdi
4th. Zeal, as it was written in the making of time
5th. Ryyudo/Mistyks
7th. Lovo/Erg

The turnout made Tim a sad panda. I wonder how Mikezor did at the gamestop thing today...

Also, nice repping in the wifiwar stuff, Nite and Lunchmeat!
Hes sucking a lot of out of state **** (37 at the same time)
With his Mouff

And im glad i at least made it to the wifi tourny

Lunchmeat

Smash Cadet
Lame shouts is short

Yang - GG
Tony - 4th for life

Also, I went to the huge wifi wars thing for funsies

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159067

Lunchmeat represent!

Also Nite is there! Doing good with a current 3-0

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159061

Go Colorado! Now please, when something big like this happens, POST IT IN THE **** THREAD! Don't keep us out of the loop, what's the point? Without the rest of us, we won't be able to truly show everyone and Gimpyfish how Colorado ***** every state in smash and tier lists.
True, very true...

Ill keep everyone updated on how i do today...

WraithCube

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new smashboards. From Boulder, CO. Centennial when I'm not in school. And I guess I'm playing Brown Nite next in the smashwars online tournament, as he linked me to this thread.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Well guize, I beat 12 people to get to the finals, then I lost because I sucks. How big was the tournament? I can probably have the next smashfest at my house this weekend. Also, my spring break is this week if anyone wants to play. Just call me 720-935-8484 or post here.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Seriously, **** that guy.

Ferdi, you need to play me with your TL and GaW moar, and I need to play Yang's Marf moar. **** Tim, no one wants to play him with a beast like Ryyu's Ike.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hey Tony, I finally figured out why Sonic lacks kill moves!

See, every huge Sonic fanboy is white. And what has olimar shown? Whites can't kill.

Therefore, Sonic can't kill, because every sonic main is a white.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Just letting everybody know that im taking a break from smash for awhile... mainly a forced break.

My online is still non-existant. I suppose I could pester Jordon to get him to give me a ride to his place, but ive got school and ive rediscovered books...

so when i do get m net fixed and rejoin the smash scene completely, ill bee pretty noobish in comparison.

... no matter, the new handicap system seems to work quite well... by the way, what do you guys think of it. the handicap system in melee was horrible as it taught you nothing, no usable combos at any practical situation.
but my just changing the % someone starts out on, it seems like setting the handicap to auto would be a great way to do things like feel free to try out new characters against a completive player

There are tons of good books to read. One should read the Dune and Ender's Game series before he picks up ANY video game, in my opinion.

And look on the bright side, joining competitive scenes late really doesn't handicap you a lot because of a certain thing that serves as a database for everything anyone's found out playing the game(no hints) It was 5-6 years into melee when I joined but I was wavedashing and SHFFLing within months due to these boards. I'm sure anyone coming back in late like yourself would be hard pressed not to catch up quickly. Have a good break, man.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Except being able to do the technical stuff doesn't mean you're good. Taking a break cuts away from the one thing that matters most: experience.

I'm hungry. D:

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Dune...was alright, I wasn't a huge fan, but it wasn't bad.

Ender's Game is an amazing book, and a decent series if you skip the last book.

Dunno if they should be required reading to be a gamer, but I do know one thing...YOU NEED TO REGISTER MY FRIEND CODE MOBLIN MAN!

sparkyy

Smash Rookie
well that stinks that a someone has to stop playing brawl but whatever you feel is nessecary and man. I have to remember these forum pages go by fast last week it was like 634 and now 4 pages later man I have to come on here alot more.

Top Bottom