• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
So wait are you saying I shouldn't roll? And how was I camping?

Plus this is smash I thought it was anything goes...not like you were losing or something...
Im saying you need to roll less

rolling is good but it can still get you punished easy

And your zelda needs to mix it up a bit so i can keep me guessing

not just dins fire, jab twice, forward smash -_-

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Im saying you need to roll less

rolling is good but it can still get you punished easy

And your zelda needs to mix it up a bit so i can keep me guessing

not just dins fire, jab twice, forward smash -_-
Well I am new to the smash scene, I played Melee for years but only casually. I was also getting pretty tired last night. I'll try to remember that stuff next time though.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Igneous, if you wanna learn to play Zelda, I'm probably your best bet for now.

Nite, can we host the tournament at your place?

Jamaal says hi, everyone.

IS MAHVAL, BAYBEE!!!!

...My hands hurt.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I can use him if you want practice against him, otherwise I'm gonna keep rotating randomly =D

This was to virus...**** lots of posts.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Igneous, if you wanna learn to play Zelda, I'm probably your best bet for now.

Nite, can we host the tournament at your place?

Jamaal says hi, everyone.

IS MAHVAL, BAYBEE!!!!

...My hands hurt.
I'm not even sure if your on my friends list whats your name online?

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Tony suuuuuuuuuuuuucks

I rocked his **** in DDR, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and Marvel vs Capcom (which we played for WAY too long. :laugh:)

It makes up for my losses in Brawl tonight :)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Like it mattered. You'd knock me outta it sooooo much with Morrigan.

And I distinctly recall your Zangief cheating against everyone but my Blanka, who ate him for dinner. Mmhmm.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Um, Igneous, I can attest to what Brown NITE is saying somewhat. It's like you're a statue when I play you; you never move your Link or your Zelda unless it is a dash attack or you knock me off the stage. Even when you aren't playing these two, I can't help but notice I'm constantly approaching you instead of the opposite. But anyway it doesn't matter because camping is effective in this game, and even if you use it, it just makes you that much better. No worries. Besides, you're playing Zelda the right way, camping the whole time with her is very good. I know when I played her for my second time ever against Tony's Marth, I beat him by standing in one spot spamming Din's Fire, forward smash and up smash.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Yes, ignus is campy (I still haven't beaten his Zelda), Bacon/Tim has a sexy olimar, V!rus is learning, Zeal pretends to be good when he only plays himself and stages matches with ryuu (who accepts money under the table, and Ferdi got cancer and died.

*edit* Added a T to go

DarumaBlue

Smash Rookie
Yikes, I'm still waiting to play against Ignus, Tim, V!rus and Zeal. I've been hanging my head in shame since the matches with Mike, but I ought to have time to play tonight.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Um, Igneous, I can attest to what Brown NITE is saying somewhat. It's like you're a statue when I play you; you never move your Link or your Zelda unless it is a dash attack or you knock me off the stage. Even when you aren't playing these two, I can't help but notice I'm constantly approaching you instead of the opposite. But anyway it doesn't matter because camping is effective in this game, and even if you use it, it just makes you that much better. No worries. Besides, you're playing Zelda the right way, camping the whole time with her is very good. I know when I played her for my second time ever against Tony's Marth, I beat him by standing in one spot spamming Din's Fire, forward smash and up smash.
Yeah I definitely need to work on my approaches they tend to suck kinda bad. I usually end up running into attack or combo, that's why I tend to try to get people to come to me.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Their is a strong aura of fail coming from his post O.O
There is a strong aura of fail coming from your last post. O.O!

Tournament is at Rafa's, guys. We just need to bring T.V.s/Wiis. I'll post the address later tonight. Everyone ever better show up.

Btw, Demo, $20 money match? Best 2/3, standard tournament rules. ♥

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Btw, Demo, $20 money match? Best 2/3, standard tournament rules. ♥
Like I haven't heard THAT before :laugh:

I'm there as we discussed :laugh:

I don't feel like driving forever like Tony wanted me to. So people in or near Highlands Ranch, wanna get together last minute tonight and play Brawl somewhere (probably my place)? I'm pretty sure V!rus is in.

V

v!rus

Like I haven't heard THAT before :laugh:

I'm there as we discussed :laugh:

I don't feel like driving forever like Tony wanted me to. So people in or near Highlands Ranch, wanna get together last minute tonight and play Brawl somewhere (probably my place)? I'm pretty sure V!rus is in.
Yes, I'm in.

Also, LOL @ everyone still calling you "Ryuu"... and everyone still calling me "V!rus".

M

mistykz

im coming back to denver tonight, i may be in for brawl jamaal :) i'll give you a ring if it pans out

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
10701 E.25th Ave
Aurora CO, 80010
----Zeal's number-720-496=8156 if you need help and shiz

registration starts at 11a.m
5 for singles
10 per team for doubles

DarumaBlue

Smash Rookie
Good games Igneous. I was laughing all the way through that Jiggly - Samus match on FD, but little can top that last match with v!rus. Your Link rescuing my Pikachu just made everybody goofy, I think.

Anyhow, as for our matches, as you can see I am totally helpless when playing anybody besides Fox. I'll give the benefit of superior skill to you. I especially like where your Zelda is going but she still seems to be missing something and I don't know what...

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Good games Igneous. I was laughing all the way through that Jiggly - Samus match on FD, but little can top that last match with v!rus. Your Link rescuing my Pikachu just made everybody goofy, I think.

Anyhow, as for our matches, as you can see I am totally helpless when playing anybody besides Fox. I'll give the benefit of superior skill to you. I especially like where your Zelda is going but she still seems to be missing something and I don't know what...
She's missing good approaches probably.

DarumaBlue

Smash Rookie
Hard to say. I think you can spam Din's fire more without losing anything. I felt there were unnecessary openings in my approach simply because you cut off Din's a hair too early. Also, her up A timing is crucial. I kept breaking through the priority somehow, even as Fox. Other than that, seems solid. Never saw her tilts though. Oh, by the way, nice side dodging. Rare to see someone else who practices it.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
That's because relying on sidesteps gets you punished.

As I'm a testament to. There are often better options if you think it through.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Well, shield grab just requires hitting A while you're shielding, so just keep it in mind during matches. I'd say focus on working it in if you have people you can play in person, as the timing won't get lagged up.

As for anything else, just think about what your fast moves are, what the opponent will probably use to punish (zelda, for instance, has the stupid fast dsmash, or the fsmash that punishes shield grabs). From there consider the options. Block an attack against zelda? a quick tilt, jab, jump, or escape from the area is probably the best best so you don't get stuck in her attacks.

Top Bottom