• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
can you host on any other days?

and good games Jamaal! Once again Spelt and I are no match. I dunno how much you know about hakumen in specific, but I'm open to any advice.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ What moblin said.

Also, wanting MK banned is so mainstream now.
I think I want to switch to anti-ban.

Is there some kind of inaugural ceremony for this?

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
can you host on any other days?

and good games Jamaal! Once again Spelt and I are no match. I dunno how much you know about hakumen in specific, but I'm open to any advice.

Great ****ing matches from the both of you. This isn't fair, you both are getting so good, so fast. I can't keep up at this rate.

I dunno much about Hakumen at all. But lesse...

He's actually Jin, for one. :D

Anyway, I'd say the only changes you need to make in the Litchi matchup is:
Poke more; seriously, his long-range pokes pretty much outranges Litchi's long-range pokes, and I'd have to get a lucky guess/read to be able to hit you instead.

Counters; You read a lot of my stuff really well. Just keep it up more, make me scared to pressure you. I dunno if you noticed, but after I saw your first match with Spelt(d), I got a LOT more aggressive, because I realized you crack under pressure (lolol pun intended). Which was also good for me, because I hated putting myself in the zoning game, even though you don't use many pokes, and let me get in your face a lot more in which some good stuff happened, some bad stuff happened once I inevitably screwed up inputs.

I actually learned quite a bit from pressuring you though, so I'm gonna see if I can apply that in future matches. Either way, good stuff, sorry I had to bail this time. :( I had to meet with a friend for dinner and I had already been minutes late cause I wanted to keep playing you lol. Let's play again real soon :D

Also, you both NEED to make it out to the EFL tournament for the BlazBlue sidetourny. That way, our matches can possibly generate some hype. :) Also ILY

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a Saturday so I don't think i'll be doing anything.
I really want to play offline matches with both of you. :bee:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh look at that, Peach with 0 ****ing stars again.

At least she got more than 3 coins.
Stupid "Lose all your friends by stealing stars party." That game was a *****!

Oooh also the page I have bookmarked to this thread is of steam facepalming. It makes me sad he didn't say "facepaw" though. :<

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Good **** Spelt(d). Strong as always. You were in rushdown mode near the end and, don't take this the wrong way, I forgot I was playing you. I felt like I was playing someone completely different for half a second. Very good stuff :)

Sorry about the lagginess though :( Really went downhill after a while. Thanks for the games!

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Great ****ing matches from the both of you. This isn't fair, you both are getting so good, so fast. I can't keep up at this rate.

I dunno much about Hakumen at all. But lesse...

He's actually Jin, for one. :D

Anyway, I'd say the only changes you need to make in the Litchi matchup is:
Poke more; seriously, his long-range pokes pretty much outranges Litchi's long-range pokes, and I'd have to get a lucky guess/read to be able to hit you instead.

Counters; You read a lot of my stuff really well. Just keep it up more, make me scared to pressure you. I dunno if you noticed, but after I saw your first match with Spelt(d), I got a LOT more aggressive, because I realized you crack under pressure (lolol pun intended). Which was also good for me, because I hated putting myself in the zoning game, even though you don't use many pokes, and let me get in your face a lot more in which some good stuff happened, some bad stuff happened once I inevitably screwed up inputs.

I actually learned quite a bit from pressuring you though, so I'm gonna see if I can apply that in future matches. Either way, good stuff, sorry I had to bail this time. :( I had to meet with a friend for dinner and I had already been minutes late cause I wanted to keep playing you lol. Let's play again real soon :D

Also, you both NEED to make it out to the EFL tournament for the BlazBlue sidetourny. That way, our matches can possibly generate some hype. :) Also ILY
I'm at work :(

One thing I learned from playing your litchi Jamaal: I ****ing hate her dragon punch. so. MUCH.

Right after you left I played a litchi on ranked, absolutely owned him because I had been playing you for an hour. Countered his DP and stuff.

On another note, I'm always afraid to 4c litchi because you can just use your super armor and completely **** me after it, and it happens a lot to me when I use 4c where it can even be slightly predicted.
J.C gets beat by your long-range anti-air and etc. Maybe I just need to learn how to poke Litchi, but I've never seen a haku out-poke a litchi, even from the japanese vids I watch of the matchup.

One thing I would not be opposed to is BB-fests with you and Spelt. I'm not sure if I can host at this point in time, but I'll be able to find out pretty soon if I can. Either way, really fun games last night.

It's a Saturday so I don't think i'll be doing anything.
I really want to play offline matches with both of you. :bee:
Same here, same here. I'm going to be completely booked with college starting on Monday though... not much time for video games. I'll try my hardest to find some time.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You too! :bee: I do take that as a compliment. :3 Thanks!

It's okay, it was still fun nonetheless, a lot of funny things going on too. Slidey counters, grabbing ice cars.

I hate litchi's DP too. :U I always get smacked with the falling hit... :c

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
You too! :bee: I do take that as a compliment. :3 Thanks!

It's okay, it was still fun nonetheless, a lot of funny things going on too. Slidey counters, grabbing ice cars.

I hate litchi's DP too. :U I always get smacked with the falling hit... :c
Oh, I forgot to mention, and partially apologize, for the Astral Finish i pulled on you.

That was 100% a complete accident. I pressed down to dismount the staff, and pressed D to throw it, but... Litchi just said "I got this" and went off on her own. Left me with her purse and everything.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol it's okay. :p

Should've stolen a piece of gum or something. Just to teach her not to do it again.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
I can host BB if you guys are willing to drive up to Fort Collins.

I actually could borrow a friends Xbox so I'd have 2 setups (would need a copy of CS2 though).

Jamaal if you host saturday let me know, I might actually be willing to drive down if this smash meetup doesn't happen up here.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I wasn't planning to be this-Saturday soon. Well if I did, Moblin and Spelt, would y'all be able to make it anytime after 2?

EDIT: Also, getting online.
I work friday and saturday nights starting from 3pm, so no.

The only reason I can make it on the 24th is because I can ask it off from work a month in advance. But it needs to be very far in advance.

I'm free sunday nights.... lol

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
I don't think I've EVER seen a Mario Party match that didn't have Luigi or Yoshi..

Whyyyy was there no Luigi or Yoshi?

<.<

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
HOLY ****! 1COIN VICTORY AND 2 TIES?!
Most intensely close mario party i've seen man...

Why didn't he play DK

(it's about as furry as you can get)

Also, if anyone could bring a Wii power cord to the McFest, that'd be great.
Furries despise masculinity, and nothings more masculine than a giant ape with a tie.

Oh, and I might be going to mcfest next week. I can bring a set up if ya want. I just wanna bring my wii to show off all the hacks I put on it. C:

EDIT: awww crap..parents fighting with my sister and her fiance to be. I hate it when things like this happen. ._. I love em both, and I do have an opinion on what there talking about...but i'd probably just make it worse.
*sigh*

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Forewarning for Mobz and Spellz: If you get hit with GOOD CIGARETTE MAN (Litchi's fighting stick super) in the corner, and they nail you with a 6b after it, be ready to burst. I'm figuring out combos that lead into 5.5k - 6k (with meter). Requires some luck-based positioning, but even if not in the right position (and still in corner), that's still 5k easy.

(un)Fortunately, it gets you, the opponent, out of the corner as the trade off. I haven't figure out a way to make this combo work and to keep the person in the corner, without gimping the damage, 'cept on maybe Tager and Hakuman (haven't tested this on anyone but Ragna yet.)

EDIT: Okay, original plan to keep corner position doesn't work on Tager/Haku. But another plan does for slightly gimped damage. Now to land it in an actual match :(

EDIT 2: For the EFL BlazBlue side tournament on Sept. 24th

THIS WILL BE RUN ON XBOX 360. (It's all I've got. :( )

Entry fee: $5
1st: 70% payout 2nd: 30% payout (unless Round Robin: Winner takes all)
Best 2/3; 3/5 Grand Finals.
Rounds set to 2 wins, 99 second timelimit.
Loser of the previous round can change characters
Double Elimination, unless we get extreme numbers either way. Round robin or single elim as necessary.
Random seeding; so lemme know if you don't wanna play with someone early on.
No Unlimited Characters, Button binding allowed, no programmed inputs (seriously? On Blaz?), turn that ****ing turbo off, etc.

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1577&page=1 Link to tournament thread over on EFL; same exact thing ruleset wise on Page 5 of that thread.

If anyone can bring extra games/consoles, just in case a decent number signs up, lemme know.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lolol good cigarette man, i'm totally using that.

I'm fine with it being on the 360. :bee:
lol maybe I should learn to use my stick.

and i think programmed inputs just means you can't like ... program one button to do something complicated and unnatural like dash > dp or something, idk.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
nd i think programmed inputs just means you can't like ... program one button to do something complicated and unnatural like dash > dp or something, idk.
Basically, where you program a series of buttons to do things, like a certain combo, or harder to do commands (i.e. air kara grabs); something the game does not let you assign. But you can, for example, use the in-game controller configuration put your grab (B+C) button to RB, and your rapid (A+B+C) to LB or what not.

And yes you should learn to use the stick. But I'd say wait until after the tournament. Unless you have a lot of time to spare, that's the biggest mind**** that can happen to a player. Took me at least two months to even be decent and comfortable with mine.

/likes Steam's post. Congrats! :D

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think espy wants to be in such a close radius to spelt.

Basically, where you program a series of buttons to do things, like a certain combo, or harder to do commands (i.e. air kara grabs); something the game does not let you assign. But you can, for example, use the in-game controller configuration put your grab (B+C) button to RB, and your rapid (A+B+C) to LB or what not.

And yes you should learn to use the stick. But I'd say wait until after the tournament. Unless you have a lot of time to spare, that's the biggest mind**** that can happen to a player. Took me at least two months to even be decent and comfortable with mine.
Yeah, that's what i thought. Thanks. :079:

I don't. I'll probably have less time soon too. :c I'll try though, eventually...

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
So. I've been playing CS2 again. Lambda is much better and more fun than I originally thought. Although I still think I enjoy Rachel more.

Anyways, Spelt/Jamaal/Moblin when are you guys usually online? I can usually work around your schedules and I want to get some practice in.

Aditionally, I'll try to make it to PIF, but with NDK being two weeks before that I'm not sure if I'll have the gas money to make it down there again :/

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
So. I've been playing CS2 again. Lambda is much better and more fun than I originally thought. Although I still think I enjoy Rachel more.

Anyways, Spelt/Jamaal/Moblin when are you guys usually online? I can usually work around your schedules and I want to get some practice in.

Aditionally, I'll try to make it to PIF, but with NDK being two weeks before that I'm not sure if I'll have the gas money to make it down there again :/
Everyone is pretty much better than everyone complained about. Some just refuse to admit it by reading the papers, and not actually playing. ;P

I'm online pretty randomly. I'll be more in the afternoon/evening since school will be starting + work.

And understandable about not making PIF due to NDK. Would love to have ya though :)

Top Bottom