• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Color Palette Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
Why is "pink" Diddy no longer "blonde"? That was my favorite! I woudn't mind seeing a yeti/albino version of Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong had one, so why not?

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Why is "pink" Diddy no longer "blonde"? That was my favorite! I woudn't mind seeing a yeti/albino version of Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong had one, so why not?
I didn't make this, so I don't know why.

And Himalayan Diddy sounds awesome.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I never understood why diddy never had his original second player color scheme from the with the yellow shirt

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Like this? Will probably happen cause it was Diddy's vesion of 'Super Kong', aka Super Diddy.

Hope they keep a yellow costume as well. One that resembles Diddy in Hero Mode in DKC1 GBA.

Oatmeal.

I would like a yellow one, like I used to use in DK64 multiplayer.

But orange is the master color. I want some kind of orange color for everyone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The alternative costume I liked the most of Diddy in Brawl was the purple one. I really hope it's back this time to.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah purple one is my favorite, but Diddy is one character that I tend to change colors with a lot.

Hopefully Super Diddy is here, Brawl had Super DK before he was a thing lol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Super Diddy could likely replace the current Blue costume. And if Dixie is in, I doubt Diddy will have the pink color either.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can see the "Super" version of Diddy replacing the old Blue team color. But other than that, I can't really say what I'd really like to see this time around. I do like the Purple/Yellow color scheme though. It looks pretty good.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

I just used the regular color, so......yeah.

Unless they're good this time, I really don't care about them.

Eat_Cow

Smash Rookie
He could have his backwards hat and sunglasses (from when he holds a boom box, look it up if you've never seen it).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He could have his backwards hat and sunglasses (from when he holds a boom box, look it up if you've never seen it).
Now that I think of it. The backwards cap and sunglasses would be a really awesome choice.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hmmm.. he has alt alt costumes in project M, everyone does. I'm sure there is a list somewhere

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Would be nice to see them reference DK Land with a gameboy recolor like they did with Kirby (his green costume is based on gameboy appearances). Could be a blue/green base color with simple, dark features.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Since different Characters can be Alt. Costumes now, since Sakurai said so in a Famitsu Interview on Monday...
Dixie Kong for Alt. Costume. :awesome:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So, is Diddy just going to get 8 different recolors? I really don't want 4 of Diddy's colors to be Dixie a la Peach / Daisy, because Diddy's moves are not for Dixie, but 8 seems like a lot of colors for Diddy. I suppose they could just find 8 colors to use, though. Like:
  • Red (Default)
  • Blue
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Black
  • White
His recolors just change his clothes and not his fur color, right? They should change his fur color, too.

Tophick

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tophick
3DS FC
3411-1419-6075
So, is Diddy just going to get 8 different recolors? I really don't want 4 of Diddy's colors to be Dixie a la Peach / Daisy, because Diddy's moves are not for Dixie, but 8 seems like a lot of colors for Diddy. I suppose they could just find 8 colors to use, though. Like:
  • Red (Default)
  • Blue
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Black
  • White
His recolors just change his clothes and not his fur color, right? They should change his fur color, too.
Hopefully they will have original alternates. I wonder what a Dark Diddy would look like. . .oh wait http://www.celebritynewsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/p-diddy.jpg He has to come with the coat too

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Those are crap.

I don't get why they didn't give us canonical costumes like Super Kong or Hero Mode. Or at least the palette swaps from DK64 multiplayer.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

1 . . . . . .2. . . . 3 . . . . 4 . . . . 5 . . . . . 6 . . . . 7 . . .8

What is your favourite palette swap for Diddy Kong?

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
hey guys I'm here a decade from the future and ready to talk more color palettes

pocher.png

This isn't the cleanest edit, but I here's a set of alts for Poochy a while back. They're mainly based on the dogs found in the Yoshi series, with a couple other alts based on other Mario dogs thrown in for good measure. I like how these turned out despite being quick proof-of concepts.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Shouldnt we make this thread in link smash general disscusion!
Anyways here are the octos
1707481768411.jpeg

The Six tentacled ones are all based on 3d zeldas (guess which ones)
While the 4 Tentacle Based ones are based on 2d Zelda!

Top Bottom