• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

College Station: v2012 Almost Zombies

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the drums and melody are so good~

oh btw, can you send me that video of the d3 bullsh*t grab so I can refer to it later xP

Sieguest

Smash Master
Hiya folks! I wasn't sure when it would be appropriate to try and introduce myself but I finally reasoned that now would be better. I'm going to be moving to College Station come the fall time so I decided I should get to start knowing the community now.

So hi. o.o

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Hiya! Gonna be going to school here or somethin' ? Anyway, we could always use more smashers in our crew, and this fall should prove to be very progressive for our crew; Got new faces, new ideas, and just all around going to be awesome (or so I declare it). But welcome to the thread and soon the scene! We'll def have a smashfest once we're all back in the fall

I'll be updating the front page soon though, just been really busy this past semester.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think I'd like a reply from everyone here who'd like their contact info displayed on the front page. Going to be changing the contact cards and updating them, but only make/create for those that have been with us this passed semester/will be with us in the fall.

Any other ideas for the front page or stuff? We've never taken pictures either of our "glorious" smashfests D: , this might have to change..

Sieguest

Smash Master
Hiya! Gonna be going to school here or somethin' ? Anyway, we could always use more smashers in our crew, and this fall should prove to be very progressive for our crew; Got new faces, new ideas, and just all around going to be awesome (or so I declare it). But welcome to the thread and soon the scene! We'll def have a smashfest once we're all back in the fall

I'll be updating the front page soon though, just been really busy this past semester.
Yeeeep. Going to be a part of the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 2015. :D Thanks for the welcome and I'll be looking to have some fun once I find my way there.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Whoop! Well we can definitely supply you with Smash and vidya game funs, but if there's anything else you need help with in regards to academic or school matters, we'd be more than happy to help :3

+1 to CS2G

Sieguest

Smash Master
Is this any better?

I'll be there a little bit in June (for my NSC) but I'll be with family so I probably won't be all to available.

linkvoid13

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the crew Hospes. BTW I'm digging your pic, get excited for the new localization :bee:

I'll be here for the summer, I'm coming back at the end of the week.

Also Loco, can you add me to the contact list? I don't think I was ever even on it.

iLight

Smash Lord
I met a new guy at the tournament yesterday his name is Judah his brawl name is Jax he mains Snake/Zss/Ike he will be focusing on snake but right now his ike is his best, though he has almost no experience so he will need a lot of work to compete but expect to see him when we play. I can play tues-thurs b/c i have no work on those days, otherwise I can play on fri-sat before 5

Sieguest

Smash Master
Everyone's been giving me mixed opinions on Fish Camp lol, I don't even know what to do about that. I'll definitely take your advice on hanging with my family light. They'll probably be wanting to see the sites for the little while that they're there.

And I've already met another tales fan here too. :D I'm so hyped for TotA. I'll be waiting to get my 3DS until it comes out.

iLight

Smash Lord
the entire purpose of fish camp is to turn you into an A&M spirit freak, you pretty much just spend a weekend doing random camp activities, learn some A&M lore/cheers, watch about a million skits, and do like 10,000 yells to support your color group from the camp like green team rules type stuff, honestly its a waste of money and stuff unless you plan on being the biggest a&m fan ever and almost no one from the camp hangs out past like the first 3 weeks of school

linkvoid13

Smash Cadet
I didn't go to fish camp, and from some of my friends that did go, the only thing they took out of it was the occasional "That guy/girl was in my FC group" whenever they saw a person they recognized. Especially if you're a football fan, you'll pick up on the A&M spirit/traditions w/o having to spend time and $ on fish camp.

Also, if you have a flashcart, I recommend ToI. A fan group made a complete translation/localization of it. I'm playing through it atm, for a handheld game it lives up to quality of the main series.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Oh I see, that does sound like a waste of money. Thanks for the heads up guys.

@Link: I don't have a flashcart, I was thinking about getting one but I'm going between yes and no on it.

iamjoel5

Smash Rookie
I didnt go to fish camp but I know many people that did and liked it a lot. Even tho its a little cheesy, it helps to let u meet many people when u get here. I would suggest it soley for that purpose. meeting many people and finding some friends when someone first gets here is really helpful to getting used to a big university

Edit: staying at a dorm the first year will also help to meet people and get comfortable in a new place

:phone:

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Let me know which tourney you guys might attend, especially if it's SA! Been getting my mu practices and working on the snake mu...if there's any other mu I should really learn from here it's that one

And what about Fall are you asking about in relation to Smash? We will def be holding a smashfest, that's for sure

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Well definitely a big smashfest to kick off the semester, but afterwards I'm not too sure. We've been wanting to host a tourney and one was going to be held by about 13 other unknown smashers to us by the GameFX place so I'm hoping to have a chat with them and see what's up.

If no other smashfests are held, there will be weekly gatherings or playing and such

iLight

Smash Lord
Well definitely a big smashfest to kick off the semester, but afterwards I'm not too sure. We've been wanting to host a tourney and one was going to be held by about 13 other unknown smashers to us by the GameFX place so I'm hoping to have a chat with them and see what's up.

If no other smashfests are held, there will be weekly gatherings or playing and such
that tourney w/ the 13 other smashers got held it was about 15 people including joel, we picked up one of the players and i gave some of the other players' my number they will hopefully contact me next time they are in town b/c they only came up for the casual style tournament (no one was close to our level, the guy I picked up was probably one of the better people and he needs lots of experience before he will be competing w/ us though he is trying real hard and improving by leaps and bounds)

in regard to smashfests yeah we tend to hold at least one every week if I'm not to busy and if nothing else loko and joel love to play once or twice a week, hopefully we can most of everyone together near the start of the semester, if not as many as we can... If your in town at all this summer hit my cell up, its on the front page for Light, I'll be here all summer so just let me know, good luck getting situated and stuff for the semester my recommendation is apply early for the best places or look soon for the best apartments because most of them will be filled within a month of the semester starting (classes too)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I will be around Bryan/College Station near the end of July since a relative is getting married. It'd be cool to play anyone in the area.

iamjoel5

Smash Rookie
Yeah definitely. Were always excited and welcoming to new brawlers. All of our cell numbers are on front page so feel free to hit us up a couple days before you are down to play so we can organize all the summer brawlers together for a smashfest

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
San in cstat ooo:

I won't be there to experience that fsmash raep and all that good stuff, but you guys do a good job of learning and providing some good ol' CS2G fun.

Sorry guys, been really busy here in SA so wasn't able to reply much, but this fall looks like a semester to look forward too x3

Sieguest

Smash Master
Got my NSC out of the way this week and got to refresh my mind with the campus. I also found a Smoothie King so I'm even more excited than I was on the way.

Top Bottom