• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Since smashville has the 5 different files, does that mean I could actually have like, 5 completely different Smashville textures that just pop up depending on the time of day?

I've never even thought about that, but that's pretty cool.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

Thoughts/Opinions? Also don't mind the two moons thing it just makes the forest more magical.
Can you make the moon(s) be more circular instead of egg-shaped? Besides for that I like it.

I really don't know the answer to that. Final Destination just doesn't work like that. But I would assume that if a special code were to be made that allows you to have multiple files of a stage like Final Destination or Battlefield, and have one of them get picked at random (much like Spear Pillar with Dialga/Palkia/Cresellia, or Shadow Moses Island with Ray/Rex/Geckos), it would be possible. But I doubt anyone has really looked into it.
There is a code for that that has existed for years. You'd just need a little trickery to add it to the Project M codeset (ok, not that much trickery, just use a program).

Ls777

Smash Cadet
Xeno, I have another question.

In the way that smashville is different depending on the time of day, why can't you substitute multiple stages for one, so that when you select the stage it randomly picks one. So, if you click Final Destination, you can end up with the red evil one or the holy yellow one and its random.
You can do this with the alternate stage loader, however it only works with gecko and not riivolution as far as i know. I had like 10 different stage textures on my final destination, was sweet

:phone:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Alternate stage loader? Care to share? Would be mots appreciated.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It says 2.1, though. But it doesn't matter since BF didn't get any changes into 2.5, so the creator just has to edit the OP.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Only the stages listed in the first post of this thread need to be updated to 2.5. Everything else can use the same files from 2.1.

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
Ohhh Cool... well, could someone do the SSS Icon, Prev and Switch? c: pretty please

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
You should add some SSS icons for the stage. Other than that, its an awesome looking stage!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Got another PS2 for ya HDT.

I wanted to figure out how to get rid of the weird blue tint the stage has in the background before uploading, but that's just me being nit picky, the stage is already awesome as is. I've been trying a few different things the past couple days, and even made a help thread on KC-MM, but nothing seems to be working. Anything I try to change gets an error message, and when I save, close, and reopen in BrawlBox, all my changes I made are reset to how they were before. Really weird.

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that Premium Ball Stadium looks amazing! While you're at it, make one stage for each pokeball that exists currently hahaha.

himemiya

Smash Lord
I am now inspired to do a fragile dream rwist to my memory forest texture stage so don't bother adding it yet hdt. I highly doubt you do it anyways but yeah.

Edit: nevermind the fragile dreams part.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Hotdogturtle, are you going to be updating the OP with new stages and textures that people bring in? What about completely new stages, like THIS?

And I also got started on reworking my stages.

[collapse=Nebula Melee Battlefield]

BrawlVault | Direct
[/collapse]
[collapse=Battlefield]

By: Mewtwo2000
Direct[/collapse]
I have a question about these BFs? Do they actually have the Melee BF ledges (you know, the ones that are flat), or do they still have vBrawl's sloped undersides?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yes and eventually.

I'm being distracted by AGDQ this week so I probably won't have a spare 10 minutes until after Saturday.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Both Battlefield's should use vanilla PM collisions. I haven't updated my Nebula Field yet, but I've used both and they were okay. Purely made for appearance.

ps. Nebula looks amazing in-game.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
OK, thanks a lot! :)

Both Battlefield's should use vanilla PM collisions. I haven't updated my Nebula Field yet, but I've used both and they were okay. Purely made for appearance.

ps. Nebula looks amazing in-game.
So then when one is recovering underneath the stage, he suddenly starts sliding on air, right? These stages still look really good. I just want to have full confirmations about how they work before I put them on.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Correct, none of the stages in this thread have any collision modifications from the vP:M versions.

That's why in the old thread I had a separate section for custom stages that did have edited collisions. I'll put that back eventually.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
What HDT said. Those 2 BF's have the same collisions as the other P:M ones, so you won't get caught underneath the lip like you would if you did Fox's side B in Melee, for example.

And the nebula one looks amazing in game. With the Kirby Air Ride music I included, easily one of my favorite stages ever.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Thanks to Magus and Xenozoa I have updated my Astral Phazon Destination and the stage looks much better. I even got the colors to change from bright blue to dark blue like phazon. The purple thing in the pic is Marth btw. Marth: "Nothing to do here."

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30405
A suggestion, the backround is amazing, but the stage itself is.....idk, too blue? like it looks a little to much and it takes away from the scenary instead of being part of it, basically saying the blue for the stage (i'm talking about where you fight on, not the backround, i'm bad at this) is WAY to concentrated. Other than that, it's amazing, if you'd change that, i'd be better than mew2000 FD. Hope i helped out a little :p

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
A suggestion, the backround is amazing, but the stage itself is.....idk, too blue? like it looks a little to much and it takes away from the scenary instead of being part of it, basically saying the blue for the stage (i'm talking about where you fight on, not the backround, i'm bad at this) is WAY to concentrated. Other than that, it's amazing, if you'd change that, i'd be better than mew2000 FD. Hope i helped out a little :p
I Agree, its too blue...

Top Bottom