• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cold Con Smash 2

rsr2

Smash Lord
I had a lot more Lemonade than anything and I still have my Raffle Prize <3

Also I am in on all of those Magic tournaments :D

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I had a lot more Lemonade than anything and I still have my Raffle Prize <3

Also I am in on all of those Magic tournaments :D
Considering the problems we had last year, we're disallowing cross-tournament registration between the Magic Events and Video Game events.

So you enter two of them on Saturday... unless you wanna drop a Smash Tournament to attend one, whichever.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Right on, I am down to do that on then on Saturday. Well it depends on which one it is though like Standard and Draft one day one. That would be hot.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ori, will I be able to get a ride to this?

Also, are there any sealed deck/drafts happening on Saturday? If so, I may be down to enter that.

Alsoalso, I see you ask for help from other TOs in the OP. I'm always willing to help if needed.

Alsoalsoalso, will there be non-hd tv's for us to play on? If not, can I bring one into the venue?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Maybe? Depends on Dakota atm.

I'm also hyped for this because I'm on winter recess from the 19th-26th

LOE1

Smash Lord
hmmmmm how far away is this place from southfield?
cause if its more than an hour,
unless i get a ride mabey..

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
hmmmmm how far away is this place from southfield?
cause if its more than an hour,
unless i get a ride mabey..
It's across the state. Think about 4 hours.

Ori, will I be able to get a ride to this?

Also, are there any sealed deck/drafts happening on Saturday? If so, I may be down to enter that.
I think the Draft is in the afternoon on Saturday. The sealed is at the same time as the Singles tournament on Sunday.
Alsoalso, I see you ask for help from other TOs in the OP. I'm always willing to help if needed.
I'll keep that in mind, especially when it comes to seeding.
Alsoalsoalso, will there be non-hd tv's for us to play on? If not, can I bring one into the venue?
I have my TV, the club TV, and the CRT I always borrow from the Library. I may nab another one from the Library, but all the rest of the CRTs are in 'Cold Storage,' but I'm looking to see if I can nab them for this.

We'll have HDTV's for the UMvC3 and Halo:Reach events, though.

I'm also hyped for this because I'm on winter recess from the 19th-26th
What a way to start your recess. I'm jelly. We don't get recesses here. However, we get staff in-service week which I think is the same thing, so I guess I'm solid again.

Oh, and Roller? I know the at-venue selection is limited, but our on-campus restaurant sucks and it really limits what we can do. Honestly this guy is getting cleared merely because he squeaked through last year. Like I mentioned before, we do have a large number of fast food restaurants all in a line about six miles away. TBell, Arbys, McDonalds, BK, KFC, Wendys, and Little Caesars. We got an A&W at the housing location.

SPEAKING of housing, it looks like we also are getting hotel discounts if people want their own space or my house gets filled to the brim. Although, then again, I got the house to myself this time around, except Friday.

And Ori, Dakota, Sumer? My mom said she'd make up some French Toast just for you guys before she takes off with my Step Dad.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
It was the only french toast to surpass my uncle's and i thought that was near impossible.

As depends on dakota, i meant as driving xD

rsr2

Smash Lord
I have been talking to people to get more to join my group and I have 2 new players coming down. Don't **** them too hard ^ _ ^

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
In other news, Cold Con vets will know of the on-site food table that ran last year, and while we are six miles from a large selection of fast food restaurants, it's nice to have food on location.
The menu at the table is as follows:
Sloppy Joes $2.00
Sloppy Joe Combo is $3.00 (Sloppy Joe, Popcorn/Chips, drink)
+For $0.50 you can add either 1 cheese stick to your combo.

Because food is good.
I just found this thread and this will make me try to come here

along with all the great things

JTsm

Smash Master
When does registration end? It's going to be a 4 hour trip from Ypsi, so just wondering. Thanks!

rsr2

Smash Lord
I was going to ask the same thing. H3artl3ss is partying the night before and wants to know so he can try to bring a couple people down. Also myself and 2 others need housing :D

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah I meant Brawl registration on Sunday, if I wasn't clear.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Registration ends ten minutes before the tournament begins. I got it all on an excel doc here, and Registration is open all of Saturday, as well. So in this case, Doubles Reg ends at 10:50, and Singles Reg ends at 2:50.

Yo, I also got the M:tG tournaments to stagger a bit, so if someone gets bodied within the first two hours of a tournament they can still get in on the Sunday Tournaments.

Also, no one has really applied for housing yet, I am noting that I have the entire house to myself for the weekend, and I'll probably head downstairs to the 'rents room so someone can have my bed upstairs, bringing the bed total to four Queen size beds(two of them air mattresses), a pull-out couch(also queen size, some comfy chairs, and a helluva lot of floorspace. Just remember to PM me to reserve a bed or something.

JTsm

Smash Master
You're driving from Ypsi? Any chance you want a travel/gas-splitting buddy?
Sure ^^ I'm willing to pick up anybody from the Ypsi/AnnArbor area if anyone wants to go.

Right now, I got:

1. Me
2. PzO
3. Roller
4. Vacant
5. Vacant

Roller

Smash Legend
Sure ^^ I'm willing to pick up anybody from the Ypsi/AnnArbor area if anyone wants to go.
sweeeet. I'll check with Zinoto/Tutu.

Would we be leaving Friday, Saturday, or Sunday morning?
count me in sweetie

wait... it doesnt say :metaknight: is banned

:yeahboi:
=/ it does.

You still in tho? I smell a chance for bitty commentary..

Someone bring a recording setup+mic. aka Dakota, find a way here.

JTsm

Smash Master
It'll have to be Sunday morning unless I can convince my parentals so we can go on Sat. I'll definitely know more later this weekend.

Top Bottom