• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colabrative Brawl Tier List

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to make this thread so that all memebers of the Smashboards could make a colabrative Tier List, instead of people making their own random list and incorrectly placing people due to fact that they don't play that paticular character. I figure if we all work together that errors won't be made.

Here are factors to consider while making your overall rating:

Combos- Ability to land a string of attacks
Recovery- Ability to get back onto the stage
Weight- Light Characters easily KOed, Heavy Characters hard to KO.
Attacks- Does the character have a wide range of combo moves and KO Moves?
Gimp Resistance- Is the character easily disabled from doing something such as recovering?

Overall Rating Strategy 1:

1. Rate these categories from 1-10
2. Average the score.
3. Post the overall score

Overall Rating Strategy 2:
1. Consider all the categories
2. Make an overall score for the character of your choice.
3. Post the score

Overall Rating Strategy 3:
1. Consider the categories
2. Copy and Paste my Character List
3. Put overall rating from 1-10 next to each character
4. Post it

After those three steps according to their scores I'll place then accordingly into the tier list. Also if there are more one score given for the same character, I will average the scores together.

Anyway I really want to make this work, and I'm sure i've made some mistakes and that my plan has flaws, but instead of just flaming them help me correct them. Thank You and get to Rating.

Brawl Character List(Just In case you can't Remeber):

Diddy Kong
Ike
King Dedede
Lucario
Lucas
Meta Knight
Pikmin & Olimar,
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B.
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Wario
Wolf
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Falco Lombardi
Fox McCloud
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Pikachu
Princess Peach
Sheik
Zelda
Samus
Zamus
Toon Link
Yoshi

Tier List:

Top Tier (9-10):
High Tier (7-8):
Diddy Kong (7.6)
Pit (7.2)
Mid Tier (5-6):
Capton Falcon (6)
Low Tier (-4):

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
The official thread regarding Tiers, is the Tier discussion thread, but that only involves tier discussion, and people posting their own homemade tier lists, this thread is more structured. So that we can be more accurrate.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
IMO

Pit
Popularity-A decent number of smash fans. Not as popular as Ike and Wolf players, but still one of the more played characters do to his decent projectile game(B is gay) and his many perks/good qualities. 7/10
Combos- He can get an attack off of each aerial jump and has a decently diverse movelist ranging from fast to slower. While comob's are still in debate in this game, he is probably one of the better at doing it. 7/10
Recovery- One of the best hands down. Up+B in addition to all his jumps is insane. 10/10
Weight- Not as heavy as most of the cast, but still heavier than jiggly/g&w/kirby. 3/10(assuming lower number means lighter)
Attacks- Wide range. Good use of most if not all of them. 8/10
Gimp Resistance- Pit has many jumps and a good recovery, so he also has good avoidability from being gimped. Still has a chance, but not nearly as bad as people with bad vertical recovery. 8/10

Overall score:
8/10. A solid well-rounded character will few flaws. The only major problem is his weight can sometimes make matches versus people like snake(heavyweights with good KO potential) a problem.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
IMO

Pit
Popularity-A decent number of smash fans. Not as popular as Ike and Wolf players, but still one of the more played characters do to his decent projectile game(B is gay) and his many perks/good qualities. 7/10
Combos- He can get an attack off of each aerial jump and has a decently diverse movelist ranging from fast to slower. While comob's are still in debate in this game, he is probably one of the better at doing it. 7/10
Recovery- One of the best hands down. Up+B in addition to all his jumps is insane. 10/10
Weight- Not as heavy as most of the cast, but still heavier than jiggly/g&w/kirby. 3/10(assuming lower number means lighter)
Attacks- Wide range. Good use of most if not all of them. 8/10
Gimp Resistance- Pit has many jumps and a good recovery, so he also has good avoidability from being gimped. Still has a chance, but not nearly as bad as people with bad vertical recovery. 8/10

Overall score:
8/10. A solid well-rounded character will few flaws. The only major problem is his weight can sometimes make matches versus people like snake(heavyweights with good KO potential) a problem.
Tis a good start but I will need many more of posts like this for different characters to fully construct a Tier List.

Kreeeee

Smash Cadet
It's much easier for everyone to list all of the characters with a number by their name showing the overall rating than take the average from that, none of this popularity rubbish.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
It's much easier for everyone to list all of the characters with a number by their name showing the overall rating than take the average from that, none of this popularity rubbish.
Easier yes, will it be as accurrate probably not, but I'll tone it down to something along the lines of what your saying.

Mann

Smash Ace
C. Falcon -

The amount of online players playing C. Falcon is low. On average I see one a day other than myself. On the forums, people still talk about playing him, and have an average amount of people viewing the Falcon section. Because of the Melee to Brawl transition, he's lost some fans, and some combo abililty. On gameplay experience, on average I'll have trouble doing 2 move combos. Dthrow to aerials. Maybe even 2 Nairs on characters like Snake. Difficult to land 3, almost impossible over that.

Majority of the time when trying to recover with Falcon is mostly spent when being hit upwards and away from the stage. Holding the direction towards the stage and to find a good time to Up+B isn't that hard. So not that many challenges there. Also has the option of using his raptor boost to recover, with a chance to hit the enemy and pop himself upwards. Not only that, he is able to Up+B people who are hanging on the edge.

I would say he would be midweight. Because of it, many characters are able to string some multiple hits off of him with ease. Toon Link's Bairs, Jiggly Puff's WoP, Marth's Fairs, etc. But this also makes it harder for him to be KO'd. The weight makes it a bit easier to Fast Fall than most and able to continue attacks.

C. Falcon has a short reach on most attacks. His smashes can make up for it though. All smashes/aerials/specials have good KO ability, but to hit and set up with them are a challenge.

He has trouble against characters who are ranged or those who have projectiles. He also has low priority against most character's moves.

Popularity: 5/10
Combos: 4/10
Recovery: 9/10
Weight: 7/10
Attacks: 6/10
Gimp Resistance: 3/10

Overall: 5/10

I believe speed should be considered as well.

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
have you ever played as pokemon trainer?

you must use each of the pokemon in every match because of the fatigue system. because they're inseparable in battle, separating them in the tier list is foolish and counterproductive.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Kirby:

Combos: Great U-air comboability and his aerials have been shortened in knockback (especially f-air) to help deliver more combos in a faster amount of time. B-air was also slightly shortened in Knockback, but is still not comboable. His U-tilt is great for comboing to a b-air or f-air, while his u-smash can also start a combo of u-airs. 7/10

Recovery: 5 jumps + Final Cutter + Aerial hammer + F-air = 9/10

Weight: 4/10

Attacks: 7/10

Gimp Resistance: 8/10

Average (#1 score): 7
Overall (#2): 7

Diddy Kong - 9
Ike - 8
King Dedede -7
Lucario - 7
Lucas - 7
Meta Knight - 8
Pikmin & Olimar - 9
Pit - 8
Charizard - 4
Squirtle - 8
Ivysaur - 7
R.O.B. - 7
Solid Snake - 7
Sonic the Hedgehog - 5
Wario - 3
Wolf - 10
Bowser - 3
Captain Falcon - 5
Donkey Kong - 4
Falco Lombardi - 9
Fox McCloud - 8
Ganondorf - 3
Ice Climbers - 7
Jigglypuff - 3
Kirby - 7
Link - 5
Luigi - 6
Mario - 6
Marth - 7
Mr. Game & Watch - 5
Ness - 4
Pikachu - 7
Princess Peach - 7
Sheik - 6.5
Zelda - 7.5
Samus - 4
Zamus - 7-8
Toon Link - 10
Yoshi - 5

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
have you ever played as pokemon trainer?

you must use each of the pokemon in every match because of the fatigue system. because they're inseparable in battle, separating them in the tier list is foolish and counterproductive.
no, its not. Charizard is much worse in some aspects than either squirtle or ivysaur. Squirtle is very light, but great aerial game and good recovery, ivysaur is slow but has strong attacks and KO moves, Charizard is large, and medium speed with moderate KO moves, but his attacks are also mainly laggy. They should be different characters because in-game, PKT is only the name of a certain character, you use all three in battle, but at different times, with different movesets and different play styles.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I'm must insist that Pokemon Trainer be treated as 1 character.

You see, in the pokemon videogames, every member of a team of pokemon had a different role, and switching came often to adapt to the situation.

The same concept is seen with the Pokemon Trainer.

One must adapt, or one must die.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
no, its not. Charizard is much worse in some aspects than either squirtle or ivysaur. Squirtle is very light, but great aerial game and good recovery, ivysaur is slow but has strong attacks and KO moves, Charizard is large, and medium speed with moderate KO moves, but his attacks are also mainly laggy. They should be different characters because in-game, PKT is only the name of a certain character, you use all three in battle, but at different times, with different movesets and different play styles.
I'll argue the PT with only one post cause it would derail the thing further.

The only reason PT's pokemon would be split up in a tier list would be if they were able to last in battle the whole time, no stamina system, no fatigue, no need for switching. The switching is needed for all three pokemon to be used productively. Since now they are linked with a simple need for change, they must be counted as one character.

Since it's bound to pop up, I'll shoot down Shiek/Zelda Samus/Zamus now as well. Shiek is a stand-alone character from Zelda and Vice-Versa. This goes for Samus and Zamus too. There is no need to switch to the other character at all if one does not want to. Only time this would be false is if Samus got the smash ball, forcing her to change. Of course, you could always put the suit back on cause of the taunt maneuver.

PT, cause of his versatility, would be high on the tier chart, but the learning curve with all three pokemon and when to use them pushes him into probably mid-tier.

My two cents, thank you very much. See! I put the thing back on topic :chuckle:

Zodiac

Smash Master
Tier list's are made by character placements in tournaments, not by a random group of people that misplace a character just because they dont play them,I dont think anyone but them know the actual process of making a tier list.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
The PT debate is indeed a big one, and I am of the opinion that they should not be separated in the tier list. While I originally believed the opposite, because of the precedent from Shiek/Zelda, PT is indeed a slightly different story. You don't have the option to play as only one of the pokemon. That choice simply isn't given to you.

Separating them has its benefits, but it overall tells you little about PTs placement, because PT isn't any one of the three, it's all of them. He shares all their strengths and all their weaknesses. A PT player will, and in fact must, use more than one of them. That said, I definitely see the practical benefit of separating them, as well, if only for a purely theoretical comparison. There are definite benefits to listing their theoretical tier placement, assuming they operate without fatigue. That knowledge is worthwhile to have, although it seems like that's not enough for a tier list, because a tier list should instead, or also, have information about PT's placement as a whole.

Personally, I would favor a hybrid tier list, that listed all four. The Pokemon could be listed in parentheses, or given some other indication, to note that their positions are theoretical extensions of their peak performance, and not practical for limited use of only one pokemon. PT would be listed normally, like anyone else.

I have, however, heard one SBR member mention that the general consensus in SBR was that PT would be treated as one character. I cannot verify this, as I'm not an SBR member, though I doubt the particular member would've lied intentionally. He/she may, however, have been mistake. It's just hearsay, don't take it as fact, but I felt it should be mentioned.

@Nitoheilapine, I do not and have never cared much for Samus, so my knowledge of the nuances of her character in Brawl are considerably incomplete as of now. So I have to ask, what taunt trick are you talking about? Is it possible for Samus to avoid becoming Zamus if she taunts shortly after a FS?

@OP, no bad intentions towards you personally, I'm afraid I don't see this thread faring any better than the "Official" or any other tier list threads. It is likely that within a few pages, this thread will be consumed by conflicting opinions and boil down to petty disputes that take up the majority of the page. I hope I'm wrong.

HT27

Smash Cadet
Don't see many ratings here, and I'm bored, so here goes...:

Diddy Kong - 8.4
Ike - 7.0
King Dedede - 7.6
Lucario - 7.1
Lucas - 7.9
Meta Knight - 7.7
Pikmin & Olimar - 8.3
Pit - 8.6
Pokemon Trainer - 8.0
R.O.B. - 7.4
Solid Snake - 7.4
Sonic the Hedgehog - 6.9
Wario - 7.1
Wolf - 8.5
Bowser - 6.0
Captain Falcon - 6.4
Donkey Kong - 6.1
Falco Lombardi - 8.1
Fox McCloud - 8.0
Ganondorf - 5.5
Ice Climbers - 6.8
Jigglypuff - 6.3
Kirby - 8.0
Link - 6.4
Luigi - 7.3
Mario - 6.8
Marth - 8.6
Mr. Game & Watch - 8.0
Ness - 7.0
Pikachu - 8.1
Princess Peach - 6.8
Sheik - 7.8
Zelda - 8.6
Samus - 7.3
Zamus - 7.3
Toon Link - 9.0
Yoshi - 5.1

As you can see, I am firmly of the belief that most characters in Brawl are very viable. Many low scores were affected a lot by the fact that I simply rarely see anyone playing them, not entirely because they're a weak character. Similarly, some scores are higher only because a lot of people play them, not because the character is that powerful.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Meh, I might as well

this is my latest numerically reformed and re-organized tier list

[SS Rank]
Luigi 9.6
Marth 9.5
DeDeDe 9.5
Olimar 9.3
Toon link 9.2
Pokemon Trainer 9.0
[S Rank]
Meta knight 8.8
Diddy 8.6
Pit 8.5
Wolf 8.5
Game and Watch 8.3
Zero Suit Samus 8.0
[A Rank]
R.O.B 7.9
Ice Climbers 7.9
Ike 7.7
Snake 7.7
Lucas 7.5
Zelda 7.5
Pikachu 7.5
Falco 7.4
Wario 7.4
Peach 7.2
Mario 7.2
Lucario 7.1
Fox 7.0
[B Rank]
Kirby 6.8
Sonic 6.6
Bowser 6.6
Ness 6.5
Samus 6.3
Link 6.2
Shiek 6.2
[C Rank]
Falcon 5.9
Gannon 5.9
Yoshi - 5.7
DK - 5.5
Jigglypuff - 5.0

I can make a scroll(Read as: wall of text) explaining my reasoning for each and every one of those. so if you find it neccesary, I can make a huge post about it.

peace, ITP

aids514

Smash Cadet
What the hell I'll give it a shot. It's not like it's up to us anyway (it's the BRoomers' call) so I guess this will just be for fun. Here it is, in order. Oh, let the record show that I've not given favour to my mains like many of you seem to have (I hate Pit, for example...tier-whored piece of ****). I main Diddy, Lucas, Marth, and G&W.

Top:
Pit-9.1
Metaknight-8.9
Marth-8.8
DDD-8.6
Toon Link-8.6
High:
Wolf-8.4
G&W-8.3
Snake-8.1
Zelda-8.1
Olimar-8.1
Fox-8.0
Diddy-8.0
Luigi-7.9
Zss-7.7
Middle:
Ike-7.5
Mario-7.4
Falco-7.3
R.O.B.-7.3
Jigglypuff-7.0
Lucas-6.9
Peach-6.6
Sheik-6.6
Lucario-6.5
Ice Climbers-6.4
Samus-6.3
Low:
Wario-6.0
Sonic-5.8
Link-5.7
PT-5.7
Ness-5.6
Boweser-5.6
Pikachu-5.6
Falcon-5.6 (a lot of 5.6's I know haha)
Bottom:
Kirby-5.3
Yoshi-5.0
Ganondorf-4.4
DK-4.1

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

aids514

Smash Cadet
Tier list's are made by character placements in tournaments, not by a random group of people that misplace a character just because they dont play them,I dont think anyone but them know the actual process of making a tier list.
We're just having fun and passing the time. No one expects this to be the real tier list.

Nessticle3

Smash Rookie
I just rated a few of the characters I play with because I can’t attest to the characters I haven’t put significant time into. My overall isn’t an average of the categories because I feel some categories are more important than others, and also some things such as defensive and offensive capabilities need to be taken into consideration. Most people will probably disagree with how high I’ve rated Lucas but he’s probably my best character, or at least the character I’ve by far put the most time into so I have a better idea of his strengths compared to the other characters. I’ll probably add more later because I enjoy analyzing the characters in this way.

King DeDeDe
Combos- 8.5 His chain grab gives him combo capability when opponents are at a low percentage, but after that he can’t really combo because most of his moves have too much knock back or are easy to dodge. You can also avoid his chain grab by keeping distance at low percentage or trying to force aerial battles.
Recovery- 8 He has a decent recovery because he has so many jumps, but he isn’t that hard to edge guard with a quick character like Sonic or Pit. Also his UpB leaves him vulnerable because it is easy to predict where he will land
Weight- 9 It takes some work to knock this fat *** out of the stage.
Attacks- 8.5 He has decent range and priority with many of his moves, and that hammer is deadly. He has good grabs, and a good projectile. The drawback is just the slow speed of many of his more powerful attacks.
Gimp Resistance- 7 Fast characters can abuse him in many situations.
Overall – 8.3

Lucas
Combos- 7.5 His Dthrow, Nair, Utilts all gives him decent combo ability. He doesn’t have quite the combo potential of Ness due to the knockback on his PK Fire but still above average wit combos.
Recovery- 7.5 Unpredictable jumping mechanics, good horizontal movement, and a tether grab all give Lucas a fairly solid recovery. His quick PKT, good horizontal movement, and lower stun time before being able to get up the shield make his PKT harder to abuse than Ness in the past.
Weight- 7.5 I haven’t really done testing to know the relative weight of many characters but my instinct is that he is around average weight.
Attacks- 9.5 One of the best priorities of the characters I play, very good projectiles, and powerful smash attacks. His Fsmash is especially quick and powerful, and his Usmash if used unpredictably can be a good move as well. He also has a good spike with his Bair and a good edge guard with his Fair and PSI Magnet.
Gimp Resistance- 9 Pretty balanced and can handle both the light and heavy characters. He may be a little vulnerable off the edge but his tether grab helps in this respect. He also has a pretty good projectile defense.
Overall – 8.4

Mr. Game and Watch
Combos- 6 I have found little in the way of combos for G&W but obviously it doesn’t mean they don’t exist.
Recovery- 7.5 Decent recovery and good air defense because of his godly priority.
Weight- 7.5 Seems about average weight I guess.
Attacks- 10 The BEST priority of any character I’ve played. He is very unpredictable with his wide range of moves available to him in different situations. Its hilarious playing my friends with G&W because they just never have any idea what he’s going to do next. A noob could just mash buttons and just clear everyone out with a flurry of attacks. He has a wide array of kill moves, and his hammer is nice when you want to get in a cheap kill before you die and your opponent has low damage.
Gimp Resistance- 8.5 Only problem I’ve really had with him is trying to parachute to an edge grab. I’ve noticed I become somewhat vulnerable to edge guarding in this situation and I can’t try to attack out of it or many times he won’t grab the edge.
Overall – 8.5

Kreeeee

Smash Cadet
Pit-10
Metaknight-8
Marth-8
DDD-6
Toon Link-9
Wolf-9
G&W-8
Snake-7
Zelda-9
Olimar-9
Fox-7
Diddy-9
Luigi-7
Zss-7
Ike-8
Mario-7
Falco-7
R.O.B.-6
Jigglypuff-4
Lucas-8
Peach-6
Sheik-5
Lucario-6
Ice Climbers-7
Samus-4
Wario-6
Sonic-5
Link-3
PT-6
Ness-6
Boweser-4
Pikachu-8
Falcon-4
Kirby-4
Yoshi-3
Ganondorf-3
DK-3

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Mr. Game & Watch

Combos: 8.5/10
His throws can start all kinds of combos, especially the down throw. His grab range is poor, and he can't run and grab well at all. His aerials are multiple hitters with low lag.

Recovery: 8.5/10
His parachute recovery has been buffed since he can glide horizontally now as well.

Weight: 1/10
He's extremely light...

Attacks: 9/10
Despite his small size, he has two of the best smashes in the game, his forward A "match," and his down A "Vermin Mallets."

Gimp Resistance: 3/10
Despite his good recovery, his low weight starts him off at a disadvantage. Characters with strong upward attacks have early KO potentials against him.

Overall: 6.5/10
If you can learn to mask his few weaknesses, he can still be an extremely potent force.

RedSteel

Smash Rookie
Marth

Combo: In Melee, I was able to connect combos with ease, now in Brawl, it is slightly harder, but still possible. Sure, the Ken combo is nonexistent, at least from what I have seen, but that does not eliminate the factoring combos that he possess. If I had to guess, because nobody truly knows the extent yet, I would say at least, 8/10.

Recovery: This I think is the only lacking feature. Disabling his amazing sword ability to return to the ledge from being knocked off the side, that hurts him. Now, you are required to charge a shield breaker and it must be fully charged to be even useful. I have tried this many times, and not one time has been good. You have to be quite high into the air, and be honest, how often are you knocked far away, extremely high, and don't die? But, his uppercut is still extraordinary, therefor I give his recovery, 7/10.

Weight: Marth is not the heaviest, but not the lightest either. I find his weight is perfect. He cannot be thrown off too easily, but at the same time, he is not so heavy that he cannot be quick. Depending on who you are facing, this could be rated much higher or slightly lower. I give this one, 9/10.

Attacks: The best attribute of the character, and probably the most decreased since Melee. While his attack range, and maybe power, was nerfed, he still holds a mean offense game. I find that I can K.O. opponents fairly easily with him, even with his decreased range. The only characters that can provide trouble for my usually is Wolf, Fox, and Olimar. Wolf is just godly in the right hands. Fox is quick, and therefor can stop your attacks some what easily, depends. Olimar can use his friends just like Shiek could do, throwing them and making almost like a wall negating the attack. While these are all not important to a factor where he is useless against them, I find them to give me the hardest time. If Marth had projectiles, even one, this would be 10, but since he lacks that, I give him a 9/10.

Gimp Resistance: While some characters could be a nuisance with projectiles on recovery, and during an actual Brawl, I do not think it's nothing the agile and quick character cannot get around. Probably the most annoying character to face who can gimp Marth, is Pit. He can move quick, use his arrows, and get far out of the way from Marth before an offense can happen. For the most part though, I don't see many characters on the roster that can truly gimp him. There is a few, so I am rating this at least a 8/10.

Overall: I would give him a solid 8.5/10, at least. This is going off the limited experience I have had using him thus far in Brawl, and I would not be the least surprised if he was rated 9,9.5/10 in an official rating. If you can learn to make use of his short range, his decent grabs, and of course, the tipper, then Marth is someone to watch out for...Still.

Frank The Tank

Smash Rookie
First of all I don't really agree with your first method of scoring the characters. Sometimes the whole isn't the sum of its parts. For instance if a character has everything going for them, but is extremely gimpable, that character is going to be almost unplayable. (This is hypothetical, I can't think of a character like that off the top of my head, if one exists)

I also think that listing shouldn't be allowed, so that contributors are forced to think harder about their ratings. Even a brief summary would help. But alas!

Toon Link:
Combos(8/10)-Toon link can combo his *** off in the air. Bair combos into Bair up to four times (doesn't happen often), and dthrow combos to uptilt (sometimes twice) then bairs again. And then bombs combo fairly well with attacks as well.

Recovery(8/10)- TL has decent recovery with a high second jump as well as a Bup that has a surprising vertical range, as well as decent knockback at the end (Not that I'm condoning its use as an offensive move). Bombs and a downward aimed boomerang also help discourage edgeguarding. Also (this is taken from a guide, I don't remember which) if TL is carrying a bomb (which he should at higher percentages), and it explodes on him he gets an extra Bup recovery. And of course there's the tether for edge guarding.

Weight(4/10)- TL is a light little guy. He tends to get knocked off at very low percentages against some characters if you're not careful.

Attacks(9/10)- TL has a lot of versatility. He has 3 different ranged attacks (all useful in different situations) that gives him a fairly campable range game if your opponent lets you (not likely unless they're pit). His KO moves, Fsmash and Fair are very good for his size, and Fair comes out very quickly. FSmash also has a lot of range and a second hit with very good knockback. His Bair is also very good for edgeguarding due to its incredible speed and decent knockback.

Gimp Resistance(9/10)- TL is, from my experience, very gimp resistant. If anyone knows something I don't about it, please share.

Overall Rating (NOT an average)= 8.5

Razed

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong - 8.5
Ike - 7.5
King Dedede - 8
Lucario - 6.5
Lucas - 8.5
Meta Knight - 9
Pikmin & Olimar - 8.5 (Recovery kills this guy =[ )
Pit - 8
Pokemon Trainer - 8.2
R.O.B. - 6.5
Solid Snake - 6
Sonic the Hedgehog - 6
Wario - 7
Wolf - 7.5
Bowser - 5
Captain Falcon - 6.4
Donkey Kong - 7
Falco Lombardi - 7.5
Fox McCloud -7
Ganondorf - 4.5
Ice Climbers - 8.2
Jigglypuff - 6
Kirby - 7
Link - 6
Luigi - 7.5
Mario - 7.5
Marth - 9.5
Mr. Game & Watch - 8.25
Ness - 7
Pikachu - 7.5
Princess Peach - 7
Sheik - 8
Zelda - 7
Samus - 7
Zamus - 7
Toon Link - 8.8
Yoshi - 5

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
It's very likely nobody will care about my opinion, but here it is.

Zelda and Sheik should be separated on the tier list because more often than not, people will prefer to be only Sheik or only Zelda. Those who switch between both, great, just average Sheik and Zelda's scores.

Same for Samus and Zamus

For Pokemon Trainer, the situation is different. One has to switch Pokemon to be able to actually do well in the match. Due to the fatigue system and the fact that you switch whenever you are KOed, you are forced to use all 3 Pokemon or waste 10 seconds switching to find the one you want only to find that they are far weaker than the others due to fatigue.

A tier list should give Pokemon Trainer an overall score as well as the scores of his individual Pokemon. Simply average out the scores of all three Pokemon to get Pokemon Trainer's score. This way, one can know each of his Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses. The Pokemon all have obvious traits. Squirtle has fast attacks, Ivysaur is slow, but powerful, and Charizard has the fastest run speed.

(Yes Charizard is the fastest, I'm not kidding)

Putting Pokemon Trainer as just one character on the list is essential too. Since you have to use all of your Pokemon, he has to have a definite score. Overall, it'd just be a great idea to put both just to please both sides of the story.

Browny

Smash Hater
well, when this april fools joke is over maybe this will make more sense

What exactly are we rating here? i mean you say to give characters a score out of 10, but no characters have any 3's or less. you cant have a numerical comparison unless youve got something relative to compare it to.

for example, dedede's strength would be around 7-8 considering ganondorf and ike are just so much stronger, but his speed should be around 1-2 since for a fair comparison, you have to compare him to sonic. as for combo potential, they should be measured in comparison to someone like toon link or lucario, unless they can pull off 4+ consectuive hits with no chance for retaliation they should be ranked below 5

again, kirby, jigglypuff and metaknights weight should be 1. you cant have the lightest characters in the game starting it at 3 or 4, its skews everything

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, the most epic character is easily metaknight, because he is latin. 97/10

renshai117

Smash Cadet
Who got named P diddy? is it Fox or diddy kong? This joke is confusing the hell out of me. If I say smash, than it comes out Halo? Ung... head hurts.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Brawl Character List(Just In case you can't Remeber):

Diddy Kong
Ike
King Dedede
Lucario
Lucas
Meta Knight
Pikmin & Olimar,
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B.
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Wario
Wolf
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Falco Lombardi
Fox McCloud
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Pikachu
Princess Peach
Sheik
Zelda
Samus
Zamus
Toon Link
Yoshi

Tier List:

Top Tier (9-10):
High Tier (7-8):
Diddy Kong (7.6)
Pit (7.2)
Mid Tier (5-6):
Capton Falcon (6)
Low Tier (-4):
Ok, a melee tier list has already been made, secondly it's spelled "tier" not "tire". Dwight Eisenhower is definitely not top tier, he wasn't even a very good president. Mewtwo is not in this game. I assume that boobs is zero suit samus. Why would you even waste time making this tier list if you aren't going to be serious. WTF is wrong with you. Stafy is a friggin assist trophy not a playable character. Learn the game! OMG ******* Kong? Learn some respect.

HAHAHA April Fools.
Nice Tier list by the way, only thing I disagree about is that Pikachu and Toon Link should be higher since they've got speed, and Ike and DDD probably won't be THAT high since they are slow. But I think it will be accurate to the future tier list.

Top Bottom