• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Codes in doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredsmash

Smash Rookie
My crewmate A tree has thought of a BRILLIANT new doubles tactic that will enhance doubles play to a whole new level. However, before i explain let me tell you some background information.
When I played tennis in high school, me and my partners always used signs to tell whoever's serving where to serve, so we both could anticipate the position of the ball without letting your opponents know. You see this all the time in the professionals (bryan brothers).
Now comes the part about SMASH. Using verbal messages is completely legal in tournament play and is often encouraged as communication is the key to success. Lets take that to a whole other level. What if before hand you made codes that you would shout out during the game to let your partner know what you are doing without letting the opponents know. Of course you would need to practice tons with your partner a bunch to perfect these plays.

EXAMPLE:

samus player shouts blue
he shoots the big ball and you jump to avoid it and cover your opponents jumping option.

samus player shouts red
he jumps and shoots the big ball and you don't jump avoiding the ball (your opponents might jump instinctively at your shouting of a code)

samus player yells kinglit
you 8 stock you opponents

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
This idea is incredible!!!!!! I use codes all the time when i play smash!!!!!!! Codes can make the difference that will rocket you all the way to 41st place out of 57 like kinglit!!!! EVERYONE LOVES CODES!

Pi

Smash Hero
anyone else the least bit curious as to the relationship between abu & boredsmash?

like...are they the same person? or are they two seperate friends irl who like call each other on the phone and are like 'yo i'm about to post, you ready?'

or i mean what's up with that.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
No one's ever thought of this before..?

I thought people already did this. Like.. all the time. You're telling me Ken and Isai didn't do this? They just sat next to each other in silence? :X

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I thought that was a rule. No speaking during doubles or it's cheating. Same with halo and other FPS/competitive games.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
what? of course you can talk. it's how you can tell your partner to come save you, or set up a combo.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I thought that was a rule. No speaking during doubles or it's cheating. Same with halo and other FPS/competitive games.
congratulations for proving you know nothing about competitive FPSes.

there is a reason MLG Halo teams wear headsets when they play. communication is a huge part of competitive FPSes, and there's a common set of lingo for locations on maps that you call out when someone is there (ie "one-shot at gold 2"), as well as talking about strategy, who should be where, etc. if you're a competitive team, and you're not communicating, then you're not winning.

on topic, this is nothing new.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
anyone else the least bit curious as to the relationship between abu & boredsmash?

like...are they the same person? or are they two seperate friends irl who like call each other on the phone and are like 'yo i'm about to post, you ready?'

hahaha yea seriously:p
they got their own style of trolling XD
they're pretty funny imo with their kinglit stuff, its so random

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

i think theyre the same person

rhan

Smash Hero

It's that Bert and Ernie relationship.

a tree

Smash Rookie
hey guys, as the creator of this idea, I would like to say that codes greatly enhance doubles. As a samus player, having codes with my partner just gives me the edge I need to almost beat kinglit. Codes can take your doubles game TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!!

Sim

Smash Apprentice
I have my own solution.

Yell my order in French.

Nobody understands, except my partner. Win.

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
I have my own solution.

Yell my order in French.

Nobody understands, except my partner. Win.
I do that **** in German with a German friend of mine. We both suck and just troll in doubles though. We should enter a tournament and ****.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
trololololol.

I actually do know a lot about FPS lol. My team still plays halo 2 online. Something nobody even knows about <3

And yes I do know call-outs. P2 = pink2. Car 3 = carbine 3 etc.
one shot, our sniper. All that good stuff. I was just joking.

Communication isn't looked down upon by anybody so I don't understand why people don't do it.
Except you can't call out in smash cause....you can see everyone. (Obvious)

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
trololololol.

I actually do know a lot about FPS lol. My team still plays halo 2 online. Something nobody even knows about <3

And yes I do know call-outs. P2 = pink2. Car 3 = carbine 3 etc.
one shot, our sniper. All that good stuff. I was just joking.

Communication isn't looked down upon by anybody so I don't understand why people don't do it.
Except you can't call out in smash cause....you can see everyone. (Obvious)
oh. >_> you could have made that more obvious in your first post.

h2v?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom