• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Request: Custom Stage Select Screen

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
We have the custom CSS, but what about a custom CSSS?

I don't see how the codes can't be really similar, not being too tough to make, especially for whoever made the CSS one. Same format, choose the number of stages on the page, and then use hex values for each icon. We could then also have custom things for stages like Wifi Waiting Room (if we ever decide to make it a legal stage, but I don't think it should be), or perhaps some other stages like something out of Subspace? It could also be nice to implement it where screen 1 has neutrals and screen 2 has CPs.

It could also be nice if a custom Random Stage Select Screen RSSS code was made to go along with it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Also, this may be a long shot, but weighted random would be sexy. (i.e. you could have FD and Battlefield both set to random, but there'd be a 60% chance you'd get Battlefield and a 40% chance you'd get FD, etc.)

I like putting stages like Halberd or Lyat into the random mix, but I don't like playing there more than once every 10 matches or so. Nothing that can't be done by hand, but it'd be nifty.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I'm more than willing to make one, and I was originally in agreement Chibo that page 1 should be neutrals and page 2 should be CPs, with page 3 for customs if they ever take off in tournaments. Really though, from a practical standpoint, we should still include banned stages in the SSS, but even so a couple things are standing in our way. We don't have an official recommended tournament stage list. And by extension, there's no easy way to move stages around if TOs want to run their own settings (which rather defeats the purpose of a custom SSS in the first place) save for having them learn how the code works and making their own SSS. Currently, I think I'm the only person who's even attempted to use the SSS code, and I'll be buggered if I'm gonna write a version for every **** tournament out there.

So pretty much we as a room need to decide how we want to set up a SSS and then I'll code it up.

Edit: I'm not messing with the random SSS, that's complicated **** and I think I read you can **** stuff up playing with it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I would like a random function where it picks the stage but not selects it so you can agree to play the stage chosen or not. It would be an improved version of melee's reset thingy

Top Bottom