• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hmmmm....I think we all remember how singles went last time. I dunno. The doubles tourney took way longer than I thought =/ If there WERE singles: POOLS. MOTHER. ****ING. POOLS. You get to play against way more people so you don't get the bitter taste in your mouth that being shutout 0-2 leaves with you. And THEN brackets. It'll be a lot quicker in case there's a similar turnout for singles as last time.
For example, if there are 25 people, then you have 5 pools of 5 people each, top 3 of each pool advance to standard double elim brackets? If I'm able to bring my laptop, I can organize the brackets.

I think the random character tourney should be the side tourney.

Also. If your character can chaingrab, then your character can chaingrab. If your character just happens to have a great deal of advantages and not as many balancing deficiencies, well...sure that can be annoying to most people. But they need to get over it. ^_^

I'm not saying I never went through a "**** SHEIK AND PEACH. YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ME AT THIS GAME BY DEFAULT SIMPLY BY USING THEIR 'TOP TIER' TACTICS" [See SoVa's synonym for "top tier"] phase. I'm just being the person that I guess...Cow(?) was for me when I did go through it.

You'll find ways around all of that madness as you improve and learn more.

Fats. I hope you chaingrab me. I hope you use every cheap tactic you absolutely have to employ in order to win. Because if I end up winning, then I'll know there's nothing you could have done that you didn't do. Mmmmmm true victory...delicious ^_^

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
argh, i'm not gonna let my school complain about sheik
unless you accept that fox and falco deserve to be chainthrowed just as bad as sheik does, we've got a problem :|
Im sorry my comment was sorta bias, all characters minus captain falcon should be chainthrowed :D

I was jk cow, i just dont like her because im not good at fighting her bc my falcon vs sheik game sucks.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Heads Up!

People. Friendlies will be starting at 4pm.

The actual Doubles tourney will start between 5:00-5:30 depending on turnout and expected entrants, so do try your best to come. The feedback regarding random singles has been a bit bleak, so we might make it into a Side Tourney.

The main things I'd like to run are the Doubles and possibly Draft Crews again, but do bring setups :)

Thanks.

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
I MAY be coming to this. Project due that night (I know, right?) so we'll see. Also, I'd love to get the tournament program from someone over AIM or something, if anyone is willing/able. I've no idea what the license or whatnot is.

Ether

Smash Ace
Thanks for pushing back doubles to give me a chance to make it =)

Random doubles followed by singles followed by draft crews (time permitting).

And random singles will be a side event, as will Schoolie+Ether vs anyone who wants to try.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Schoolie+Ether vs anyone who wants to try.
I'll take that alone for the 2on1 Ether Madness that you've wanted to run so long ago ^_^
Also, I'll go ahead and speak for Dean and say that Team Fathead will most definitely take that challenge. Dean may be coming around 5 or 6...hopefully 5.

Also Fats, can't you chaingrab Ness? ;___; Then again I suppose he's not as "schemey" as Pika haha.

BTW JUAN! I've been working a lot on that CFalcon Vs. Ness matchup. I need to train against yours for the simple fact that you have the most different Falcon I've ever played and I need to master its style ^_^ That and hopefully I can JV 3-stock it like I did to ndn last night !__! On FD too! But only if I get my new tag...but I'll save that for saturday

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
So, we're basically our own Sova Side Quest? Optional boss fight anyone?

You know, regardless of all the doubles matches we've played against people, we have no team name... troubling >.>

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Box tag + Alaskan Fish tag = consecutive JV 10-stocks. Let's hold off on that one, eh?

W&M, you guys want rematches? :)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, if we make it ya sure;P actually we were very happy to do so well in doubles;p...we weren't 8 stocked this time..and against real characters too;p

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
You and your brother trying to make a chanellos/tacobell foodmatch set? That would be amazing.

Ether, you cool with food sets? :p

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
OK epic change of plans. I might be going to C3.
Normally, under similar situations I'd call you a failure, but it IS C3... pk toasty the *****es :cool:

Luckily, actual players from our A-team will be here to make up for some odu no-shows. Should be bangin :)

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Ether, so far there's one guaranteed taker for the Ether+Schoolie Food-Intensive Doubles Challenge. They wagered a whole medium chanellos pizza, I was so happy.

edit:

And yeah otis I see your point... I wouldn't moneymatch you, unless I had sheik/peach protection.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I'd money match O-No's sheik. 5 dollars best of five =)

but then that could take away from his gas money even more if he lost....

<3 sheiks

I'm having a friend come in from out of town today at 4, I'll see if he wants to come out to campus to play smash but I don't think he'll be too interested. who knows...

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
gotta say cnu was fun tonight. lvl 9 gannons goin around ****** people"FOR FREE".
good matches from every1. the randoms character tournament was fun but i kinda hate doc after 4 people pulled him and i had to fight 3, but cuz of the randomness i'm gonna start playing yoshi alot more. now 4 a few shoutouts.

ether- thanx 4 the training. F**k you Falco in random chars.

speedyoshi- thanx 4 the yoshi tips. i'll try to remember some of those 4 next time.

meg- the japes were too good :laugh:

to every1 else i 4got- <3 u guys. cant wait 4 the next time.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
CNU Smash was so good... shoutouts in the morning. Thanks to the KF guys for coming out, and everyone else, you guys made it great :)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya fun times..though i'm still getting ***** by schoolie:(

also..grats patrick..you're definitely improving

it's just improvement is such a slow process..i want to not get totally ***** by schoolie next time.

ie: i must go watch all my char in vs jiggs matchups so i can learn it better..i wish i could find more information

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
yeah good timez last night at cnu

riku- thanks for the rides and we never got any matches in but we **** kf in teams

ether-good **** in sets we gotta play more next time.

knightpraetor-sorry couldnt play you parents were anal about being since im not 18 yet :/ its a drag

schoolie-good like with jiggs you finally landed the rests on me which shouldve happend during teams. we need to get more sets in

wiggles-good **** in teams its funnie how we won winner's finals bracket with a g&w

kf-good to see u guys made it out. next time bring tvs so u have to sit around and complain. :)

vince-good ****. never got to play u :( so next time lets get some sets in. and ask Sanchez bout samus tips hes the one of the best if not the BEST with samus in sova

everbody else ill see ya next time and i need to start learning everyone's names

Top Bottom