• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CmRoddy Presents: Biweekley Smashfests Bad News :(

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
These won't be happening again. At least until further notice. So I'm sorry for all the guys that were excited about these. I know the venue is awesome and really chill. In fact, the church just got a pretty good pool table. I know, it sucks.

So these won't be going down anymore. Sorry guys.

Linguini

Smash Master
With that amount of space availible you should just do biweekly tourneys, $10 for singles and doubles, that would be cool.
You know I will be there dude.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Rock I wanna MM you to a weight lifting contest, 83 cents to whoever can bench the most

But for real, depending on where exaclty this is located I may be able to get some of my old crew together, we've all been kinda smashing lately. I think more people would show for a smash fest, cuz most people are tired of the tournament scene (and mainly the people it brings)

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Me, Riot, and TTB get some smash rounds in before dodgeball some times. I was at tippmans house late night on like thursday, was some fun times.

Yes Nexus will be opening soon, but dont count on new nexus being as "console-ish" as it was before

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I'll definitely be there for these and you can always count on me for 2 tv's cm and 1 cube.

Hey Slynkee this Derek from Tipman's house i was the dude that was introduced to you by sighrax. You should definitely bring yourself and some buddies to these, you guys are really chill and fun to play with. This venue is on broward and the downtown area of ft lauderdale so hit up. right next to 95.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Well if its a good location, with straight people I can probably get a good amount of my crew to show up. Broward and 95 is only like 5 mins from me, may have a good chance of people showing since alot of the ones i smash with live north of me, like up to Delray, so its about half as far as weston for them.

So it would save most people about 20+ mins of driving

It seems like all of us that dissapeared, kinda have the urge to smash again a bit.

Linguini

Smash Master
Sly! Long time no see, hope you been well!
But yeah, I dont think the 16th would be very good because a large # of SFL is going to Pound that weekend including me, XIF and Green. IMO the 23rd would be a better date because it would guarantee a better attendace(and cooler of course)ahem....lol.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
Sly did I play you at ZP the other day???(Nevermind)

What time would this start on Sat??? I have work until 4:30 :(
Depending on the time a can bring a cube and maybe a really small t.v.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
The reason I'm doing it on the 16th is because of Gigabits on the 23rd, which I'm going to. So that wouldn't work. But this is just the first one though. Never really expected it to be huge anyways.

I think I might have it start around 6pm.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm 16th I may just attend. Depending on how late this runs, for those interested the majority of the people that I play with that you know play Dodgeball right in that area around midnight, if you are interested in attending PM me or hit me up on aim (sn = xxslynkeexx)

I assume you have approval of this from the church? Are they charging you anything to use the space and If so will there be a door fee. Because I usually dont carry cash on me and Im sure you dont take credit card haha so if you need to charge let people know ahead of time.

And yes linguini long time, you all grown up yet with a wife and kids? I was dead *** sick for over 2 weeks so for a bit I didnt do anything, been smashing a little here and there with the guys.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
Yea I got it approved. My dad is the Pastor :D And no door fee. Maybe if we have to get a door fee going in the next few ones, than it will happen. But as of now, no fee.

Edit: btw guys, I'm going to need a rough estimate of how many people are going to show up to these every time they happen. I need to let the church know and such. So if you can confirm, than please do so. Thanks.

vZakat

Half Genie
Well, I'm happy to say I was at Roddy's first smashfest. It was just me and him. We owned in teams. lol.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
i highly doubt that i will be there cause i got to go somewhere at 4. What time does this thing finish at though?

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
It's going to start at 3pm and is going on for a while. But I might have to start kicking you guys out at around 10-11ish.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
How many tv/cubes do you have? I could provide a cube but not a tv (smallest one in my house is 27 inches, and thats so not fitting in my car)

Oh and NBP Corey may be showing up with us also if you still need a semi accurate count on people coming

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
I have one cube and 2 tvs I can provide. So bring your cube. It would be nice to have as many cubes as possible in order to not have anyone just sitting around waiting to play.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
Hey we showed up and knocked on the door, no one answered and the door was locked >.>
Sorry about that dude. What happened was the pastor wanted to door to stay locked, thats why I put my phone number up on the first post. There were about 6 people at this one. It would have been nice to have more.

Again sorry that the door was closed. For the next Fest, I'll put up a sign in front of the church explaining what to do, that way no one ends up being locked out.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Yo, CM lets do a smashfest sunday since noone is going to gigabits. CrispyOne will be down and im sure he could show for this. Plus all the regs and hopefully we'll let slinky and his bro's in this time. SOrry Slynk! Plus Xif and all the pound 2 peeps like linguini and green mario will be down so they might pay us a visit.

Top Bottom