• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui presents: Kel's Farewell? [CINCINNATI LOCALS ONLY] MARCH 1st

clowsui

Smash Legend
Kel's Farewell: in which for a year, I say farewell to one of the smashers I admired the most and someone who helped me GREATLY when it came to integrating into the Smash community. This is my chance to say thanks, and everyone's too!

Please bring presents for Kel; I will be drawing some stuff for him, baking a cake and making everyone who comes dinner. Kel has already agreed to this event, I'm simply going to have to set a date for this. I am HOPING people will bring setups to this and recording stuff at this event, as well as regular cameras to take photos with. I think that Kel deserves a huge thanks for running the circuit so well this year and just being kinda cool in general. I also think I need another chance to make fun of Caitlin more. And maybe have some more of that cake.

Anyways, house/tourney rules are:
1. No drugs or alcohol. You bring it into the house, you're out of there. Even if there's alcohol in my house you're not allowed to drink it. Never walk into my house with either of those and leave any evidence of your activity - my dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPD. I know that most Cincinnati people are very well mannered with this, so don't screw around with this rule and you'll be okay.
1a. While we're on this train of thought, don't come into my house drunk, stoned, high or smelling of any of those. I will kick you out and make sure you never come back again. (High is possible off of other drugs too XD)
1b. No weapons. Logic.
2. Smoking is restricted to just outside the garage area. Can't do it on the deck or lawn or the porch. Sorry
3. Please clean up your mess whenever you're in my house. I don't mind if you spill something, but just please tell me. If you accidentally get piss on the seat while going to the bathroom, don't tell me about it but just clean it up. Most people are really good with this rule, so it's cool.
4. Please don't be rude to my parents. They're actually pretty cool people - talk to them, let them ask you questions, help out as much as you can and overall be really nice people and maybe I will have the chance to hold these more often. If you are more friendly to them, they will be more friendly to you. Furthermore, they're offering this house to you guys to play video games with their son and each other. Seriously, how cool is that? So please be nice to my parents, or I won't let you come to the next weekly.
5. I really don't care if you swear or how loud you are; if we're too loud then I'll let everyone know >_>;
6. Don't. wreck. any. of. my. stuff. If you don't think you're going to pay it back - oh believe me, you will. If you wreck my Bravia 52" you're going to pay for all of it; I will even make you sign a legal contract. I know you probably won't but this is just a forewarning.
7. Leave drama outside my house. Nuff said
8. It was ****ing stupid, so I tossed it out.
9. Just use common sense and ettiquette when attending these monthlies. Not only does it prove to everyone that you're worthy of their respect, but it proves to my parents and I that I can trust you guys more than anyone at their/my age should given the age gaps.
10. Have fun! That's the whole purpose of these monthlies, right? To have fun. So please, enjoy yourselves and the hospitality that my parents and I offer to you :p
11. Making jokes about these rules is funny. Keep doing it, but be sure not to actually follow the violations in the jokes lol Yes, Jake, that does mean no prostitutes in the house (see rule 9)

START TIME: 2:00-3:00 PM
END TIME: 12:00 AM

LUNCH:
Walk down the streetz lol

SNACKS:
(NEED PEOPLE TO BRING SOME STUFF. REMEMBER, NO "SPECIAL" BROWNIES. )
Oriental Snack Mix (lol Sam's Club stuff)
Cookies (HOPEFULLY I CAN MAKE THESE D: )

DRINKS:
Provided by Infern and Smash64.
Cold water + juices of various kinds offered at the house.

DINNER:

SUGGEST FOOD PLEASE.
------------

This monthly is a serious business one now! Try to bring as many setups as you can so that we can boost our city playing level every time we meet. I got TONS better just from one night...so you can too =)

ADDRESS:
2822 Losantiridge Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45213

Phone #s: Everybody who needs it has it.

Thanks guys!

clowsui

clowsui

Smash Legend
SETUPS NEEDED:
(2-3) Wiis

SETUPS THAT ARE PROVIDED:
(1) TV for Melee TV for Brawl
(1) HDTV for chillin or for people who want to try and play on it (it's actually not that bad in terms of lag, but meh)

SETUPS CONFIRMED:

NONE

TOTAL:
(1) TVs
(0) Wiis

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Yo Clowsi, long time no talk, see, or brawl. How u been? Its great ur parents will let u have these, its awesome to hear more smashfest poppin up. As for the question, so far, the 17th looks better. Mainly cause the 13th there is the next midwest circuit tournament, so most(if not all) of cincinnati will go there. Date? im good with either one, sat seems more open to people but im up for whichever. Time? Morning till dawn! Jk Whichever ur parents are cool with is fine with me, I can probable show up any time of day. and lastly food, anything is good, is great enough ur having these so im not pushing for u to have to also provide food, we can all just go eat to a nearby restaurant :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Haha glad to see that you're responding
Also I meant the 27th...the 17th is a Wednesday o_o
Like I said I will be able to provide dinner, but not lunch if we start that early.

Speaking of food + drink...I need to see if ppl can bring soda or water or whatever. I don't ever have any at my house :/

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
27th then, at least thats my vote

as for drinks, we can all just bring our own, if someone doesnt, then they are lazy scrubs
If it comes down to it, I can bring some drinks

e__

Smash Ace
Not to be a nitpicker or a snob with rules, but if you're being so strict you should mention weapons as well.

I'd prefer the 13th b/c it's closer, but whatever, if more people will show on the 27th, then it's cool. This will probably be a good smash fest.

I request that for dinner Steve brings us all Jimmy Johns and we pay him.

I can probably bring a twelve pack or 2 of a drink if it's needed. We usually have enough soda at my house to have a party, so it won't be too much of a big deal. I might pay for some myself even if my family doesn't want me mooching.

For lunch I'll probably just walk down to Burger King or get some food from local restaurants.

Meanwhile, I was thinking that in a month or so Cincinnati should have a BIG local tournament; I was thinking about setting it up, but I'd need help and permission first. Right now it's all a theory, but would the local smashers be willing to help me set it up.

I could also try and talk my parents into letting me have an occasional smash fest under the same rules for the weeks that we don't have this.

clowsui

Smash Legend
The reason why I set it at specific dates was because I have marching band comps the other days soooo yeah. But if you can hold it the other weeks then you definitely should, seeing as people would definitely appreciate it!

Sorry for the strictness, it's just that we have to do or know what we what we gotta do before we have fun...and unfortunately for me that list includes a LOT of things...

If we go eat lunch it'll probably be as a group, btw.

A big local tournament? How would you set it up? Maybe you should start a separate thread for it XD, but I'm sure it'd attract lots of interest.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
There is already talk about a cincinnati tournament, u can ask Kel on the smashfest tuesday, idk the exact details. And ur rules are fine Clowsi, i would expect everyone to do all those things even if u had not told them, if they dont, they are dumb scrubs

Banned via Administration
1. No drugs or alcohol. You bring it into the house, you're out of there. Even if there's alcohol in my house you're not allowed to drink it. Never walk into my house with either of those and leave any evidence of your activity - my dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPD. I know that most Cincinnati people are very well mannered with this, so don't screw around with this rule and you'll be okay.
my dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPD
my dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPD
my dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPDmy dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPD
my dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPDmy dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPDmy dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPDmy dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPDmy dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPDmy dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPDmy dad used to be a lawyer, police officer and a military officer so don't think you can f*ck around and get away with it because we have connections inside the CPD

clowsui

Smash Legend
OMG NOOOOO

Also, I need more people to post in here. Gunpunch? Taso? Tony + Chuck? OOSers (holy crap that'd be super weird but...)?

Taso

Smash Apprentice
As a technicality, stoned and high are the same thing. >_>

You'd be hard pressed to see me at one of these simply because coming home from college for the weekends will be a rarity. I'd have to actively want to come home that particular weekend anyway.

Not an impossibility. Just an unlikely occurrence.

Plus, no drugs? What kinda' party will this be? Psh...

[/joke]

Though I think you could stand to ease off on that rule being so... angry. I don't think I've ever been to a smash event that's had any alcohol. Maybe some drugs, but that's because it was MLG back in Melee, and some people are kinda' dumb. But that's a whole 'nother story.

A simple "No drugs/alcohol" would do it.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'll come if it happens to be a weekend when I don't have a marching band competition or anything. Some real tournaments would be nice. Always up for Brawl or Melee.

clowsui

Smash Legend
The only reason why I'm angry about that rule is because I love being a part of Smash and I love being able to play competitively. If my parents ever discover any HINT of such influence on me being exerted by the competitive community, I'm not allowed to play in tournaments or go to Smashfests until I'm in college. Meaning that I would never get any better until I was in college and would more than likely become worse at Smash in the meantime, thus losing interest.

I'm only so strict with my wording because I don't ever want to see it happen. EVER.

EDIT:
Jake, it's unlikely that it'll be an actual tournament so much as a Smashfest...but if enough ppl want it then I could hold a mini-tourney.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'd prefer a mini tourney if it's possible and there are enough people. But let's be serious I'm going to come either way as long as I'm free so it's all good.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'll be there if I'm free, and right now I can't think of anything that might come up... I definitely vote for the 27th, though, because of BlueBlade's circuit event.

Also, I won't be bringing Jimmy Johns unless I get the money and orders from everyone before coming, not after. I wish I could say I trusted all of you guys enough to put forth that much cash again, but i don't, so deal with it. :p

I vote for curry either way.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Nice to hear your input!

Now we need all of Gunpunch to respond...maybe Q if he's willing to drive down here on a Saturday to play with us :p Probably not though

Also, I need a list of people with setups...

QUIVO

Smash Master
Dude, you know i'll be down there. Only if work allows it, but I have to find one up there first.

Btw, I don't start school until the 24th of September.

Good ****. I love you clowsui. Only bceause you're holding a tournament.

clowsui

Smash Legend
you b'tch :/

also do people really want to make this a tournament? if so i could just make this like 1/2 fest 1/2 tournament lol

clowsui

Smash Legend
I think that if it's a tournament then we should just do it for bragging rights >_>; I mean I can only fit so many ppl in my basement at once and make food for so many ppl at once so I can't have "as many ppl that can pay" in my house. If it was a tournament and enough people expressed interest in it I'll see what I can do but we'll see...if out of city people want to come too that's fine but it might be harder for it to be held that way. Not to say that you're not welcome, but don't be disappointed if I can't do it.

EDIT: Furthermore I think that we should probably save the tournament for another time since e_ says that he might have a venue, you know? I would like to have a tournament but I don't think I could do it at my house if we were to do the real deal...

e__

Smash Ace
EDIT: Furthermore I think that we should probably save the tournament for another time since e_ says that he might have a venue, you know? I would like to have a tournament but I don't think I could do it at my house if we were to do the real deal...
I was GOING to talk to Kel about it last night, but he didn't show.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Actually, screw that PMs thing:

2822 Losantiridge Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45213

Home Phone: (513) 386-8610
Cell: (513) 206-0500

Call if you need help getting to my house or something.

With the exception of Cincinnatians remaining, if you're going to come to this please post in this topic.

In-state/OOS people this includes you too. If you want to come I'll try my best to have you all over!

e__

Smash Ace
Did your 920 number just completely disappear? It's going to make me confused if I call you with an RSVP ever.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah, we left in it South Carolina when we visited my brother

Just use the new one, it's MY cell number now seeing as my dad said "f it i don't need a cell phone, you have it"

clowsui

Smash Legend
Bump for out of city/OOS response....I could get this to be a tournament probably? But if I don't have response then I can't ask :/

clowsui

Smash Legend
..byob? Do you mean byoc? If so, then yeah

EDIT: I need TVs, guys...Steve could you bring 1-2? I mean if you can bring 1 that's great too, but now I need other ppl to bring their shiz :/

clowsui

Smash Legend
only if you manage to somehow get the parents out of the house :<

EDIT: I also need to know who would be interested in an actual tournament in Cincinnati. I'm looking into venues right now, and I have one that might work out...if it does I will talk with GUNPUNCH! about it on the weekend and I will have a topic up by next week.

Again, tournament in Cincinnati?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I just found out I can't make it the 27th because of a marching band competition. That'll go for e__ as well.

Top Bottom