• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
Chi, I forgot to mention something that came up @ the last one, but I noticed with the ways setups where placed, and seating it led to a lot of congestion in the players area, I know there was a lot of space back near the projector and where the last commentary booth was at, any plans on maybe switching that up from last time? A better flow promotes quicker ways of finding people.

Sidenote: How cold is it in Ohio atm? Will a hoodie be just fine?

clowsui

Smash Legend
hoodie will be fine

and yeah that's exactly what happened last time. we're planning on spacing out the tables (talked it over w jesse), there's 64 chairs at the venue so we can accommodate a full 32 team dubs bracket at least

clowsui

Smash Legend
Making big post tomorrow but Entry 2 and 3 are on the lower floor + 1 million times closer than the 2nd floor entrance (entrance 7)

It's worth noting that the official AL website says to enter @ 3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, Sandslash bead art?

I'm so hyped for bead art right now I don't even know why.

Actually, Sandslash sounds pretty ****. How much could I get for Sandslash and Scyther?

All pokemon minis are somewhere between $2-$5. Sandslash and that small scyther together would be $4 or $5, maybe $4 because that scyther is tiny.

Sandslash is $3 on his own.

You CAN find more impressive bead art than these minis:

But these take significant time to make and cost a lot more. That Scyther right there is 9" x 11" I do believe and would run somewhere between $25 and $30; it's one of the bigger sprites.

You can find alternate bead art / sprites out there:

so never let me say "how about this one" and you just settle for it if it's not the one you want. As it gets closer to crunch time I try to steer towards the smaller ones because otherwise I'd have to mail them out and that's always a pain.

That said though, if anyone wants a biggin' I do mail these things out.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yep, we might have to find something other than paypal though. Maybe an amazon gift card or something ^_^
Awesome, I can do that. Also, obviously this is like for knitting, do I'd like the colors to be the darker and all that sprite like, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, let me know when you have them done! Thanks bro.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ill try to find some for you, Thanks for looking for me.

Edit: do either of these work for liligant?

http://static.gamesradar.com/images...Everything Else/Pokedex/Sprites/Lilligant.png

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/121/a/3/lilligant_overworlds_by_silver_skie-d3f4xmk.png

As for meloetta how is this?
The tiny ones would work and be small, the others are very large

the meloetta you posted would be around $15-$20. Each pixel is a bead, so that one is pretty big.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
He's over 3k beads; he would be closer to $30 and I wouldn't be able to make him before this weekend I don't think. He'd be a big order as-is. I thought I could shrink him down to half size looking at the picture, but they use a lot of 3s in him (can't divide 3s down to anything else like you can 4s).

May I get a price estimate on a one up mushroom, OS?

Something like this

edit: damn, that's big
We sell 1up mushrooms for $1. They make good coasters.

steep

Smash Lord
I am still looking for a teammate. Preferably someone who has a more aggressive playstyle in doubles, as I tend to do best as a support/reactionary player.

clowsui

Smash Legend
ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Registration

Okay guys please don’t forget that registration for doubles ends at 11:30. To create less stress for us and to increase the chances of a more accurate bracket, please arrive on time. We were fairly timely last time so this shouldn’t be a big issue but please be on time.

The way registration will work: the arcade owner, Jesse, will give you a wrist band if you have paid your venue fee. This is really important. We WILL send you back to Jesse to get a wristband if you don’t have one, regardless of whether or not you have already paid venue!

Then you go to the back, and you sign up for doubles with Hilt. After you make your payment and tell him your partner (or if you are not entering doubles), you proceed to me. I will sign you up for singles and mark whether or not you have paid. I will then proceed to mark on your wristband which events you have entered. This lets us keep track of payments MUCH easier and avoids hassle regarding $$.

As always, making sure you have the money BEFORE you come to us is way better than coming to us more than once. If you have signed up for something and not paid, you need to come back through the line again, and we will know whether or not you have paid by the letters on your wristband.

2. Where to Enter the Venue

Once you get to the mall, you should be able to circle around/drive around until you find entrance 3. Please use that entrance and from there proceeed to the venue.

If you do NOT come from entrance 3, locate the food court. We’re right by it. The best entrance from upstairs is by far entrance 7 – if you enter from there, take a left, go down the stairs, and bam.

3. Waves: How do they Work?
Okay so for people who haven’t come to a tournament with pools in waves before, here’s how it works: you play through your pool during the wave. After you’re done, you go get food during the other wave/screw around on the arcade machines. Do NOT come and whine about not having enough time to eat - unless you go deep in doubles (we have special arrangements for those guys anyways), you don’t have a right to complain. You either eat when you’re out of doubles (in the case of Wave 1), eat during the other wave, or put up with it until you finish your matches.

4. Stream Commentators
The Thirst
Coney
Technical_Chase
What’s the Point
Kel
Overswarm
DeLux
MJG
Logic
clowsui
Hilt
Y.b.M.
FF Ori_Bro
FF Xatic

These guys are the only dudes pre-approved to be on the mic. This is a pretty expansive list that includes a lot of great commentators. If there’s anyone I’m obviously forgetting, we’ll add them onto the list but UNLESS YOU SPECIFICALLY GET PERMISSION AT THE VENUE, these people are the only ones allowed on the mic this weekend.

Sidenote: Wuvs is allowed to be back there too, as he's part of the stream team

5. Revised Mages’ Rule

5 mins warning
7 mins game
10 mins set

This is the variation of Mages’ rule we’re choosing for this tournament.

When we grant you a break,
after your 10 minutes of break are up, this variation of Mages’ rule happens:

5 minutes game
7 minutes set

Be keenly aware of when you asked for a break.

6. Persons with Authority

clowsui – Main TO
Hilt – Main TO

We have absolute authority. No ifs/ands/ors/buts about it.

Composer – Sub TO

This guy has all the powers that we do when it comes to enforcing DQs, he’s just not really running our tournament.

Technical Chase
What’s the Point
DtJ Squid
Betadyne/Oliver

These guys are our helpers. If they notice that you are:

• not playing a bracket/pools match
  • on the stream when you should be playing
  • not present, period

they will come find us and we’ll handle it accordingly. They also have subsidiary responsibilities that we will inform them about.

Looking forward to this, everyone! This will be a very fun event.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tech, WTP, Squid, Oliver, Jake, Hilt, Juu (just in case I end up needing you) I sent you all detailed schedules. I'll have hard copies on hand for people whose help I determine to need at the venue.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I will go to this if I has a good partner, let me know who's interested.
You know it. To clarify this means you should team with me

But MI has no.car spots so you'd have to bus the whole way

Edit - Nevermind I guess Gifts dropped again so thete is a spot (not an AA car). Or I could take you but you'd be in my trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom