• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud's Palette Swaps (Alternate Costumes)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
To be fair, Crisis Core is a brilliant piece of story telling. It did more for the series going BACKWARDS than Advent Children did moving FORWARD. You know a prequel is doing something right when you're tearing up over a character you already KNOW is going to die.

But let's keep discussions like this in 7th Heaven.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
His AC design is amazing as is...but if they are able to reference Tifa and Vincent as well then I'll be very satisfied...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In my dreams Zack would get to be a full blown Koopaling-like swap with a different voice rather than just a recolor. Seems like too much effort to be realistic though.
There is the issue with Zack being taller than Cloud... Not a major difference - blame derpy height information games just throw out for the sake of information -, but something like Marth and Lucina. Unrelated, but I wonder if they could make a "sleeveless" version of his Advent Children outfit. Found the sleeveless look cooler than the sleeve to cover the Geostigma... It would probably have to be his 9th outfit since people probably wouldn't like him having 2 outfits that are basically the same, but one's missing a sleeve.

Ascended

Smash Ace
1) Default Cloud
2) Black hair, white top, black pants, red gloves (Tifa)
3) Black hair, green army top, brown pants (Barrett)
4) Brown hair, red top, pink pants (Aerith)
5) Silver hair, black top, black pants, black gloves (Sephiroth)
6) Zack's hairstyle (They have the same default outfit, so this is all you would need.)
7) Blue top and pants (MP Grunt from the Nibelheim incident.)
8) Advent Children

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
There is the issue with Zack being taller than Cloud... Not a major difference - blame derpy height information games just throw out for the sake of information -, but something like Marth and Lucina.
Sure didn't stop female Robin screwing up male Robin's size lmao
Like Zack definitely won't happen but that's not's what stopping him

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
My choice pallete swaps:
Advent Children costume
Theathryrhm costume

Color swaps:
Aeris
Tifa
Vincent
Sephiroth
Squall
Bartz
Tidus
Zidane
Sora

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My choice pallete swaps:
Advent Children costume
Theathryrhm costume

Color swaps:
Aeris
Tifa
Vincent
Sephiroth
Squall
Bartz
Tidus
Zidane
Sora
Ideally, costumes based off colors of FF protagonists is ideal but, realistically, we most likely just get red, green, blue, yada yada yada Cloud. It still escapes me why Evil Eyu was never included for Ryu.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Like others, I'd love to see Cloud's Kingdom Hearts 1 outfit--mostly because that's the look I first knew him by. Despite being a huge KH fan, I haven't played a single Final Fantasy game. I only recently got into FF because of FFXV.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
My picks for Cloud's color swaps:

Tifa
Sephiroth
Aeris

Surely since these characters are from FF7, he'll probably most likely get these, especially the Sephiroth outfit.

I think Tifa and Sephiroth might end up being trophies and Mii costumes.

I'd love to see Cloud's Kingdom Hearts costume too. :)

Is it possible we could see a color swap of Sabin from FF6? HAIL SABIN!

Btw I was rooting for Isaac, but I'm jumping on board with using Cloud because though I don't play much FF, I'm planning on playing FF Explorers when that comes out on the 3ds, I can play as Tifa in that game.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Just give me a Zack outfit and I'm golden. Its all I'm asking for...oh...and a release date would be VERY appreciated

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Here's what I want to see happen;
  1. Default
  2. Colors based on Tifa
  3. Colors based on Barret
  4. Colors based on Aerith
  5. Colors based on Sephiroth
  6. Colors based on the infamous crossdressing quest, if not the actual outfit
  7. Kingdom Hearts
  8. Advent Children

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Would love his Kingdom Hearts gear.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm admittedly a suckers for Cloud's KH look, it's so needless goofy but it was the coolest thing ever to me as an 8 year old. Plus, it WOULD cover a "Vincent" color change if it goes the party member route.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ideally, costumes based off colors of FF protagonists is ideal but, realistically, we most likely just get red, green, blue, yada yada yada Cloud. It still escapes me why Evil Eyu was never included for Ryu.
That's because every colors comes from Super Street Fighter 2. With somes minor differences, but they do comes from this game.

In fact, we even miss one green palette swap from SSF2.
http://www.zytor.com/~johannax/jigsaw/sf/st.html

With Cloud getting an Advent Children outfit, I have absolutely no trouble imagining him with this:

1) Cloud
2) Tifa colors
3) Barret colors
4) Aeris colors
5) Cid colors
6) Yuffie colors
7) Vincent colors
8) Advent Children costume

I excluded Red XIII and Cait Sith despite them being main party member, as they are not human. But I guess that Sephiroth's colors can take the place of Yuffie or Vincent.

It all depends on if they want to change Cloud's hair color or not. (technically, that's already done with the Advent Children costume)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm betting it'll be recolors referencing team members and then the AC outfit filling the last spot.

So 8 spots, Default, AC and 6 recolors of the default referencing party members. They might go the Little Mac route and give him more alts but I doubt it somehow.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I'm betting it'll be recolors referencing team members and then the AC outfit filling the last spot.

So 8 spots, Default, AC and 6 recolors of the default referencing party members. They might go the Little Mac route and give him more alts but I doubt it somehow.
Ryu got two final smashes and a moveset inspired on SF games lol If Square Enix is funding this, Cloud will be da boss.

Alternate color swaps inspired on FF protagonists and his team mates is realistic. We're getting Chocobo mii costumes, I hope we get Aeris' and Tifa wigs + Vincent costume, I can die happy.

To be fair, Crisis Core is a brilliant piece of story telling. It did more for the series going BACKWARDS than Advent Children did moving FORWARD. You know a prequel is doing something right when you're tearing up over a character you already KNOW is going to die.

But let's keep discussions like this in 7th Heaven.

Advent Children for me, was enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
*During the direct* Remember Cloud? Well you get Zack too! Its like Dark Pit, but instead its a cool character! Zack bursts on screen, internet explodes in salt.

Anyways, a part of me thinks Cloud will have either 4 normal outfits and 4 ac outfits or 8 normal, and 8 ac

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's because every colors comes from Super Street Fighter 2. With somes minor differences, but they do comes from this game.

In fact, we even miss one green palette swap from SSF2.
http://www.zytor.com/~johannax/jigsaw/sf/st.html

With Cloud getting an Advent Children outfit, I have absolutely no trouble imagining him with this:

1) Cloud
2) Tifa colors
3) Barret colors
4) Aeris colors
5) Cid colors
6) Yuffie colors
7) Vincent colors
8) Advent Children costume

I excluded Red XIII and Cait Sith despite them being main party member, as they are not human. But I guess that Sephiroth's colors can take the place of Yuffie or Vincent.

It all depends on if they want to change Cloud's hair color or not. (technically, that's already done with the Advent Children costume)
I see what you mean. Makes sense. I'm just a bit bitter that they didn't go all out and include other SF content.

Ryu got two final smashes and a moveset inspired on SF games lol If Square Enix is funding this, Cloud will be da boss.

Alternate color swaps inspired on FF protagonists and his team mates is realistic. We're getting Chocobo mii costumes, I hope we get Aeris' and Tifa wigs + Vincent costume, I can die happy.
More FF Mii costumes would be great. A gunner custome referencing Barret and Vincent, a swordfighter costume referencing Zak and Sephiroth, and a Brawler costume referencing Tifa and Yuffie would be great. Then maybe a Red, Bahamit, and Ifit makes to round things off.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Honestly, if Cloud was to get more than the 2 costumes we've seen, they would've shown them by now, because otherwise why not beyond possibly saving them for the December Smash Bros. Direct. It's a shame too, he might actually have enough outfits to pull a Villager/Jr. with each swap being a different costume.

Speaking of Villager and Jr., they're the only ones that don't have any costume given a recolor due to the inherentness of each of their swaps being a different costume, so unless the same applies to Cloud, his Advent Children costume isn't going without some palette swaps of its own. Realistically speaking based on previous trends, he'll either be like the single-alt characters with 4 swaps for the FFVII costume and 4 swaps for the AC costume, or he instead pulls a Little Mac with 8 swaps for both FFVII and AC. 8 individual costumes replacing any potential color swaps might be possible, but very unlikely at the present moment.

Last edited:

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Villager has four recolors based off four of its different costumes.

I'm hoping we get eight colors for each of Cloud's costumes because I'm greedy. :yeahboi:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I see what you mean. Makes sense. I'm just a bit bitter that they didn't go all out and include other SF content.
I understand, I was actually expecting a Dan recolor, or character references in general (especially considering MvsC3, getting a Ken & Evil Ryu recolor).

Anyway, Cloud have less "obvious" recolors that he already had.

Does Cloud have alt colors in the fighting game Ehrgeiz? This could inspire Sakurai.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I understand, I was actually expecting a Dan recolor, or character references in general (especially considering MvsC3, getting a Ken & Evil Ryu recolor).

Anyway, Cloud have less "obvious" recolors that he already had.

Does Cloud have alt colors in the fighting game Ehrgeiz? This could inspire Sakurai.
He has an alt AND a costume, actually.

Just the basic Shinra Uniform he wore in some flashbacks and a red recolor.

Last edited:

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
In my dreams, Zack is a full alternate costume, Koopaling, Alph, Robin, and Wii Fit Trainer style. If that was a thing, I'd never play Cloud himself (Well maybe his Advent Children costume...) since Zack is my favorite Final Fantasy protagonist. I don't think I'd be quite as happy to have him as a Mii costume. In fact I'd be happier with a black haired Cloud color swap so I can at least pretend I'm playing as Zack.

Cloud is one of those characters who pretty much has enough alternate costumes to fill 8 slots

Advent Children
Kingdom Hearts
Shinra Soldier
Steady Light (From Dissidia)
PS1 Model
Theatrhythm
Zack Fair.

I think that'd be cool, but if they must go the route of just color palette swaps:

Tifa (Dark Hair, white top, dark bottoms)
Vincent (Red Top, black bottoms, black hair, pale skin)
Aerith (Red top, pink bottoms, brown hair)
Sephiroth (Silver hair, black clothing)
Zack (Black hair)
Shinra Uniform (Blue clothing)
Advent Children

Irnkman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Irnkman
Is there a particular reason everyone's hypothetical costume list is generally 7 alt colors and then his AC outfit? I'd personally be really stoked with 4 SOILDER alts and then 4 Cloudy Wolf alts. Red/black Cloudy Wolf alt referencing Auron would be amazing, plus it's impossible to go wrong with red/black.

Last edited:

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
I want a good red costume... preferably based on Vincent. So in other words a red variation of the Advent alt.
That is, if they do 4 normal 4 Advent colors... Now that I think about it he might just have 7 normal colors and 1 Advent alt, like Mewtwo. :/

Although even if I don't like any of his other palettes I still like the plain Advent costume.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Is there a particular reason everyone's hypothetical costume list is generally 7 alt colors and then his AC outfit? I'd personally be really stoked with 4 SOILDER alts and then 4 Cloudy Wolf alts. Red/black Cloudy Wolf alt referencing Auron would be amazing, plus it's impossible to go wrong with red/black.
Well, Shulk and Little Mac both have one alt costumes and 7 alts. We also have Zero Suit Samus getting the shorts on two alts only. It's different from Olimar and Alph, or the trainer. Or even the 4 different Villagers models. And of course the Koopalings.

On the other hand, we do have Wario who have 4 biker and 4 overalls (loosing all the good Brawl alt in the process). I personally think that it's because how it was done in Brawl AND that these two outfits are equally important, whereas Shulk's short is... Well... :troll:

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly, if Cloud was to get more than the 2 costumes we've seen, they would've shown them by now, because otherwise why not beyond possibly saving them for the December Smash Bros. Direct. It's a shame too, he might actually have enough outfits to pull a Villager/Jr. with each swap being a different costume.
We didn't even see wireframe or pink hoodie Mac in his trailer. No reason Cloud can't have a surprise up his non-sleeves.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
OK, new recolor! I made Amano's artwork recolor of Cloud. Istead of copy the Dissidia outfit colors, i replicated the colors of the original artwork, since some characters changes their skin color in some cases, why not with cloud?, :p

Next one could be ShinRa Uniform Colors or FF Tactics colors, didn't decide yet, :p

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
OK, new recolor! I made Amano's artwork recolor of Cloud. Istead of copy the Dissidia outfit colors, i replicated the colors of the original artwork, since some characters changes their skin color in some cases, why not with cloud?, :p

Next one could be ShinRa Uniform Colors or FF Tactics colors, didn't decide yet, :p

Could you do a Zack colored skin?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Here's what I want to see happen;
  1. Default
  2. Colors based on Tifa
  3. Colors based on Barret
  4. Colors based on Aerith
  5. Colors based on Sephiroth
  6. Colors based on the infamous crossdressing quest, if not the actual outfit
  7. Kingdom Hearts
  8. Advent Children
Actually this would be perfect! ;)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
He has an alt AND a costume, actually.

Just the basic Shinra Uniform he wore in some flashbacks and a red recolor.
I actually forgot those! :facepalm:

Well, time to redo my prediction:
  1. Default blue
  2. Alternate red outfit
  3. Colors based on Tifa
  4. Colors based on Barret
  5. Colors based on Aerith
  6. Colors based on Sephiroth
  7. Shinra Uniform OR Kingdom Hearts OR colors based on the infamous crossdressing quest, if not the actual outfit
  8. Advent Children
#7 could also be three different costumes, giving him 10 palette swaps

Last edited:
Top Bottom