• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Closed

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I think the majority of Zelda players do not own a copy of Brawl yet, so we should wait until release date to host character -specific tourneys.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally gonna kick Luthien's *** out of the park. Drake is next. Iris isn't exempt either. You can bet on it.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't join in the fun. Doubt I'll have Wi-Fi come release; that and I don't even like playing games online (dunno, just doesn't bring out a good side in me ;)).

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
How do you set up wifi? I never really bothered to try it.. and I've seen many people have problems with it.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll show up too.

But first, I'm gonna need to know how wifi works. I have a wii, I have wireless internet connected to it, but that's it. What else do you need to set up wifi? I'm gonna need to know if Drake and I are gonna have that match.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Okay, I'll show up too.

But first, I'm gonna need to know how wifi works. I have a wii, I have wireless internet connected to it, but that's it. What else do you need to set up wifi? I'm gonna need to know if Drake and I are gonna have that match.
Meet me on AIM and I'll help you.

All my contact info is in my profile.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I've never really tried a Zelda vs. Zelda match... since all of my friends don't like using her. I guess I'll be up for some matches in March.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I might be contacting you sometime soon. We just got our wii set up but havent put together the wireless yet.

Edit: off the top of your head, you dont know of any guides for it, do ya?
I've been to the nintendowifi tech support page so many times already that I know how to fix most problems. I struggled big time with wifi when I started using it on my DS Lite.

I was able to walk Lingy through wifi setup/trouble shooting so just hit me up whenever you're ready. :]

Zone

Smash Champion
A Giant Zelda 1v1 Tournament??
Meaning 100% Zelda dittoes? (most dittos are plain and boring, because it's the same moveset vs same moveset.)
Best/Good with Zelda? Remember all matchups make the zelda player, not just the ditto.

I'll definantly play some friendlies though.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
A Giant Zelda 1v1 Tournament??
Meaning 100% Zelda dittoes? (most dittos are plain and boring, because it's the same moveset vs same moveset.)
Best/Good with Zelda? Remember all matchups make the zelda player, not just the ditto.

I'll definantly play some friendlies though.
I call first with you man. lolz ^_O>

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to play Wi-FI against all of you. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until June...
Beware though! No one will beat my beasty-Zelda! ^^

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I'll have to wait forever before the PAL copy arrives. T.T

You guys will all be pros by then ;D

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
hmm I have wifi and dsl but that means nothing I HATE LAG :(

and when i get brawl i will need to practice getting used to the games new mech. and then I will pwn

and would we be doing 1v1 or a group brawl?

and i dont care who im against as long as they dont suck. I will be happy if you beat me!
and i will be sad when you lose :p

and nobody better change into sheik while against me or else my rage might come through!

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Wait there's more to Brawl Wifi than just an internet connection? I just thought that you needed a Wii that connected to the internet. Clarification please.

And yes Luthien, I'd be honored to bair you into oblivion :p

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Wait there's more to Brawl Wifi than just an internet connection? I just thought that you needed a Wii that connected to the internet. Clarification please.

And yes Luthien, I'd be honored to bair you into oblivion :p
You need the following things.

1. The wii
2. A router that is compatible with Nintendo Wifi. I suggest Linksys.
3. Make sure the your wireless security connection is set to either "disabled" or "WEP password."

The wireless security setting is one of the most common problems that people have when setting up wifi. Second would be the router brand. I actually had to go and buy a Linksys cause my old one was not good with Nintendo. Be sure that when you shop for a router to buy the right model number. A certain model number is recommended by Nintendo.

Any more questions PM me or hit me up via my contacts AIM, Myspace etc.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
If there is enough people, we can organize a tournament (AN INDIVIDUAL AND A GROUP). That will be very exiting. Maybe we can do a 32 players tournament (GROUP) and a 64 Individual. We will record it and then we can put it on youtube or maybe we can see through the spectator mode. What do you think ?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If there is enough people, we can organize a tournament (AN INDIVIDUAL AND A GROUP). That will be very exiting. Maybe we can do a 32 players tournament (GROUP) and a 64 Individual. We will record it and then we can put it on youtube or maybe we can see through the spectator mode. What do you think ?
That's a really large tournament. As long as nobody's wifi craps out I think it should work though.

Top Bottom