• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Mewtwo and Roy (Who we're already getting) are all I really wanted to see added in from Melee. I guess if it's possible, It'd be amusing to see Sandbag. I imagine it'd play like Bonus-Kun from Waku Waku 7. Yeah, that'd be hilarious.

Though it has nothing to do with the clone engine, I'd love to see a Doctor Mario skin on Mario that actually threw pills, but otherwise was the same as PM Mario.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Honestly, since Roy got in, I only have two characters on my list:

Mewtwo and Dixie Kong.

I main Roy and Mewtwo on Melee, and I would love to see what the PMBR could do to tweak Mewtwo; I am already vastly impressed by Roy's tweaks (his announcement and trailer made my whole frickin' WEEK). Dixie Kong is my most wanted newcomer for Smash for Wii U/3DS, and I think she could warrant an interesting moveset. Not to mention, she has a similar skeleton to Diddy, so he could be used as a base (this is grasping at straws; I have absolutely NO idea as to how any of this works).

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
Top 3
1. Mewtwo (Pretty confident he will come back anyways.)
2. Krystal (She would be unique to the Star Fox roster.)
3. Tails (Any other sonic character like Shadow, Knuckles, or Amy is cool too.)

Bottom 3
1. Dr. Mario (Just a costume for Mario Please.)
2. Young Link (Already got Toon Link. It just isn't necessary.)
3. Pichu (A Baby Pikachu? ....... No thanks. Leave that adorable thing out of the fight.)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Mewtwo, Megaman, and possibly Ridley on the chance that he doesn't make it in SSB4.

I'm more interested on whether or not the clone engine will be released publicly...

----

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Shadow

He's not only very popular, but the PMBR has half the work done already with all the pre-existing moveset animations, and he has the same skeleton as Sonic, I'll just copy my last post here:

I'm not saying copy and paste from the pre-existing PSAs, you can do a lot of stuff with all his chaos powers, you can use your imagination too, I'm just saying he brings a lot of material to the table to put to unique use

I think he's somewhat iconic now, not nearly as much but damn if I've ever met a person who hasn't played Sonic Adventure 2 and loved it(except one of my friends), he was of enough importance to Sakurai to make him an Assist Trophy

And another big point was to make it easier for the PMBR:

It's important to recognize that obviously Roy shares a basic skeleton as Marth, which simplifies development for him exponentially. I've seen a lot of character suggestions, assumptions, and requests fly around that don't realize that making a character is more than just making a model and a tweaking some values - There's a couple hundred animations that need to be made... Which doesn't seem to be considered by most.
Shadow is the same basic skeleton as Sonic, and there's already a crap ton of animations for Shadow out there that could just be tweaked if it was even needed, honestly this should be enough of a reason right here, not even considering the fact of his popularity, you have to think on what's a reasonable thing to ask from them, making a character from scratch is too much

I'm just saying I think the PMBR would get a lot less flak from hardcore Nintendo fanboys and SSB enthusiasts if they made AT's characters since they were already somewhat in the game, this is all assuming they'll even add someone in besides Roy, but I don't think it's bad to discuss, they HAD to know this would happen when they revealed Roy
Really, it wouldn't put a lot of stress on the PMBR, he's already an AT, his model is already in the game, and he's crazy popular, I think it's the most reasonable choice to ask

Honestly, just Roy and Mewtwo. Adding any other characters save for the ones that were in Melee is going into real cease and desist territory from Nintendo or the company who owns the rights to the character.
This is why I suggest Assist Trophy characters, since they're basically already in the game, and also why I'm saying Megaman is a horrible idea, last thing we want is PMBR trying to compete with SSB4

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Shadow

He's not only very popular, but the PMBR has half the work done already with all the pre-existing moveset animations, and he has the same skeleton as Sonic, I'll just copy my last post here:

Really, it wouldn't put a lot of stress on the PMBR, he's already an AT, his model is already in the game, and he's crazy popular, I think it's the most reasonable choice to ask
Yeah, I mean this is all true but Shadow is kind of a doucher. :/

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Yeah, I mean this is all true but Shadow is kind of a doucher. :/
Your opinion, but he has a huge fanbase, a lot of people like him including me, and really, it's a lot less to ask for him than for someone else, I want P:M to get even more popular and a new character would do it, and Shadow would take the least amount of work and he's crazy popular, you can't argue that logic really, just put your hatred behind you for this, really it'll do nothing but help, there's characters already in SSB that I hate but I deal with them

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Add the gangsta Shadow where he haz guns n can shoot u pew pew pew!!

All the reasons (except popularity maybe) that Shadow would be easy to add are reasons Golden Sun's Isaac can be easy to add, so I do hope he's on the discussion table. He could be so fun! A sword user with projectiles!! That **** is Brawl Metaknight tier OP. :love:

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Add the gangsta Shadow where he haz guns n can shoot u pew pew pew!!

All the reasons (except popularity maybe) that Shadow would be easy to add are reasons Golden Sun's Isaac can be easy to add, so I do hope he's on the discussion table. He could be so fun! A sword user with projectiles!! That **** is Brawl Metaknight tier OP. :love:
Hell no, no guns, keep it SA2 before Sonic got stupid

And Isaac doesn't have a skeleton to base off of, you know AT's don't have a lot of bones right? You can literally port Sonic's skeleton over to Shadow, but who would you port to Isaac?

Not just that, I don't even think he's that popular, never heard of what game he's in before and I don't know anyone who has, just being realistic, I know Shadow gets hate on small areas of the internet but he IS very popular, even amongst casual brawl hackers as he's the #1 hack on brawlvault

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
They could just take any humanoid's skeleton and smoosh/stretch it a little. Not as easy as slapping a skin on Sonic but certainly easier than adding a brand new non-humanoid character.

And dude. Golden Sun is was crazy popular. It's an RPG duet for the GBA (and a 3rd game for the DS). It came out in 2001 so I can imagine maybe some younger people not knowing it, but damn man you gotta play the first two. They're incredible.

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
Some of the character requests are great, some I wouldn't mind, some are people posting text
If the devs are willing to take requests seriously they should have rules about them.
For once I would like to see characters that I know and everyone else knows... Too bad most long standing game franchises usually take a step away from nintendo (such as Rayman or Banjo), and some other amazing fighting characters *cough* Lloyd Irving *cough* are not well known even tho their games might have been fantastic to a small audience.
But now that Megaman is part of the new SSB roster, characters that aren't exclusive to nintendo could be considered.

But I'm so hyped for Lloyd that I would step over everyone and just force it into the game
See you in court

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
The PMBR should put the Rock's head on the Muffin man's body, riding on a Shamu, and the Shamu open up it's mouth, and you have Iron man in there, and he's like "WHO ORDERED THE FISH AND CHIPS?".

Capture.PNG

PM 3.0! Make it happen

himemiya

Smash Lord
1. Mewtwo - of course its more likely to get in then anyone else

2. Maria from castlevania (mainly rondo of blood) - I always preferred her over richard, she has animal buddies as a weapon arsenal. She had pigeon as standard weapon and alt weapon she gots cat, music notebook, dragon, falcon (I think looking at the sprites), turtle, and a unhatched egg. I'm sure pmbr can come up with a interesting moveset with her. Also her final smash can one of her overdrives, I'm thinking the turtle's overdrive would be less ridiculous/overpowered than her others its basically a giant turtle fades in and becomes like giant frisbee and its thrown across the stage (should be a clean 1hko).

3. Pichu - pichu is the only character I play in melee thats why. If they keep the nostalgic stuff (like very good mobility/u-throw usage/floaty thundershock etc etc) and buff pichu then she should be able to keep up with others.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am extremely happy with the return of Roy for Project M. He looks just like how he likely would have been (both aesthetically and moveset wise) had he been in Brawl. Big congrats to the entire Project M team for finally bringing our boy back.

Mewtwo is almost assuredly also going to be in Project M, so no worries there (another character I was really disappointed to see cut).

On the topic of NEWCOMERS to Project M, I am kind of against it. Project M is basically an imagining of what Brawl should have been (Mewtwo and Roy likely would have made it if Sakurai had more time for example).

If there is one character that should be added in, it should be a high profile character that fails make it in Smash 4.

I think, for example, if Ridley should not make it in Smash 4 as a playable character. They should definitely contemplate adding him in. He has been among the Top 5 most wanted newcomers for both Brawl and Smash 4, and is definitely the highest profile Nintendo character not yet playable in Smash Bros. Not to mention there already exists an excellent model for Ridley already within Brawl that is in on the same quality as the playable fighters (unlike the Assist Trophies whose models almost have a sub-Melee quality to them). The Brawl announcer has even done voice work for Ridley's name (I wonder if the voicework he did for Roy is going to be in Project M).

I think should Ridley be de-confirmed for Smash 4, the Ridley fanbase (which is massive) should pursue the idea of him being added as a "bonus" character for Project M, much like how Dracula's Castle and Skyloft were bonus stages for it.

Ridley is a character that likely would be very difficult to program in and balance correctly. However, the payoff for adding him in would worth it. Ridley has been a highly requested character for Smash Bros. since the Melee days. Fans finally being able to play as him in a quality Smash Bros. game would be a dream come true for many.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
As the guy who made most of the better Shadow animations, most of them are of sub par quality comparable to the animations in P:M. If there's something we always try to aim for with our characters it's consistency to the point where animations are often revisited in later releases (quick example is Lucario's FTilt; compare how it looks in the pre demo 2 bid to how it looks in 2.1 then again in 2.6).

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Okay, so I came up with more ideas for characters.

I still think Waluigi and Slippy should be characters. Now some newer ones.

Giga Bowser!

Giga Bowser could be cool to utilize the Clone Engine. He can replace regular Giga Bowser (Final Smash) and be his own Project M character. He can be banned, but an enjoyable character to play as for casuals and such. One of the reasons I also bring him up is because if they do this, they can then make a new Event 51 style Event for Brawl. Final Smash Giga Bowser can't be hurt, so Clone Engine Giga Bowser could be hurt and stuff. He is completely unlikely, but would be great. I use him already on Project M with cBliss and the model import of Giga Bowser over Bowser. Either way, a true Project M GBowser would be cool.

Balloon Fighter!

Balloon Fighter could also be a great character with a nice recover gimmick. I believe it's been confirmed in SSB4 that Villager's Balloon Recovery (reminiscent of Balloon Fighter) can have the Balloons be popped. I don't have much of a moveset for him, but I'm sure he can be a mixture of characters from Brawl / Project M along with a beautiful recovery. He's more of a dream character at the moment. Also, I think Sakurai confirmed that during development of Melee he was debating between Balloon Fighter and the Ice Climbers to represent the NES era. Ice Climbers won obviously.

Primid!

What better character to represent all that is Brawl then the Primid from The Subspace Emissary? Each one of the pictures above can represent some sort of attack the Primid can have. He can use swords as some smash attacks (like Link, Marth, Roy, Ike, Toon Link), the Boomerang as a side special (Link, Toon Link), the Bazooka as either a Super Scope-like project tile (rapid shooting, charge shot) or Samus style Charge Shot for neutral special. The fireball can also be a neutral special if the Bazooka isn't feasible. It can act like Mario's Fire Ball, or be similar to Bowser / Charizard's Flamethrower. The Metal Primid can be a type of defensive move where he gains heavy armor for a set amount of time, or it can be his own answer to the reflector. When he turns Metal, he can reflect things like the Star Fox characters. Holding Down Special he stays Metal, but cannot move. I think it could actually be a mix of heavy armor and reflecting if balanced the right way.

All in all, Primid should be a new character only because he represents Super Smash Bros. Brawl and can be the most creative fighter using what is already available for him. His base could be Mario or Fox since his proportions look like they could match.

What do you guys think? Would Primid be a cool addition to the Smash Bros. Roster via Clone Engine?

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Any constructive criticisms or some type of argument against him besides a "10xNo"? I understand that most people would be against his inclusion only because he is from the Subspace Emissary. I don't like Primid, but if done right, he could be a great character. I didn't like ROB, but grew to love him. Plus he was from the Subspace too. (I know his true origin as well). Just thought a Primid would be a good character givin all the different versions of him available. :)

Ace55

Smash Lord
Any constructive criticisms or some type of argument against him besides a "10xNo"? I understand that most people would be against his inclusion only because he is from the Subspace Emissary. I don't like Primid, but if done right, he could be a great character. I didn't like ROB, but grew to love him. Plus he was from the Subspace too. (I know his true origin as well). Just thought a Primid would be a good character givin all the different versions of him available. :)

Smash should have characters with a background in video games other than Brawl itself. ROB should have never made it in the game in the first place, Primid is taking it a step further.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Smash should have characters with a background in video games other than Brawl itself. ROB should have never made it in the game in the first place, Primid is taking it a step further.
I guess it's a fair argument. Still think the potential for him is there with all his specials I listed.
I also listed him since I know animations can such are time consuming, and he has some done already, plus we don't know the details on Copyright for the PMBR. I know other characters would be a better fit, just I don't know, I think I already convinced myself on Primid after I was analyzing him and thinking of a potential moveset. Lol
He won't happen, but I unlocked the door for the PMBR to take a peak so to speak. :p

Ace55

Smash Lord
It's fine dude, you asked for opinions so I gave mine, I would never want to see Primid as a playable character.

Basically I just want Mewtwo and I'm fine with Pichu, anything else should be an afterthought until the game is more or less finished.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
It's fine dude, you asked for opinions so I gave mine, I would never want to see Primid as a playable character.

Basically I just want Mewtwo and I'm fine with Pichu, anything else should be an afterthought until the game is more or less finished.
That is something I can agree with! :D *high fives*

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
All in for RIDLEY myself.

For now however, if there were any other characters that were planned to be made with this clone engine, they should take priority. Even if it's 3 years from now however, I would hope we see Ridley in P:M, provided he's not playable in Smash 4.

Just as important, I would sincerely hope the quality is far above that of what I've seen so far with other Ridley hacks. I have my own ideas, but not the tools or time to animate a Ridley model. But it's clear people need convincing. What's out now not only doesn't cut it, but it often turns people off on the idea of a playable Ridley. Which is really unfair. People lacking the imagination and/or talent for envisioning a Ridley that can work within the systems shouldn't count against his ever being playable.

If there are actual technical issues that get in the way (and being "too big" is not one of them, and experimentation comes before claims of awkwardness), that's understandable. But for now, I believe Ridley would be a great addition (as well as doing what Sakurai didn't).

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is definitely a must, but if PM want's to keep the hype up, they could add characters like say Simon Belmont or Megaman into the mix.

I just want to point out that, since Megaman and Simon belmont are both movesets being worked on by Eternal Yoshi, a member of the PM dev team, I could totally see those two getting refined and added to the roster. Hell we might even see Bomberman get in thanks to Sdoom.

Just my 2 cents and my ultimate wants. The project M team is obviously at the point where they can start having fun with completely new character concepts, so I'd love to see what could be done with Mewtwo and what might happen afterwards with possible other characters.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I disagree. ROB makes sense albeit out of left field as a playable character.

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
Primid is such a generic character. No offense but the moveset you made up for him is generic as well. It's like he borrowed moves from other characters. Primid's inclusion would be super boring.

Giga Bowser should stay a final smash. Plus I doubt PMBR wants to create overpowered/boss characters.

Balloon fighter has no creative moveset. He is also a character that I find generic and boring.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
So, I have pretty good faith in the PMBR's judgement and the scope of possible newcomers is likely quite narrow, but just in case there's any internal debate I'm throwing my vote in the hat here and now:

Do not add more Sonic characters. I can't believe how many people are seriously suggesting this. It's a friggin' Nintendo game, one was already too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom