• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
My impression of members of the Pichu Cult on Smashboards:

The funny thing is most of the Pichu debates are started by the anti-Pichu heathens. But seriously, no more Pichu discussion. It only leads to us supporters looking bad and it doesn't affect anything. Pichu's already as good as in so may as well exert our effort debating someone who's still undecided.

Also recoil damage must stay. It's one of his biggest staples.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
:pichumelee: has been getting thrown around left and right.

Consequences are inevitable.

Pichu's already as good as in so may as well exert our effort debating someone who's still undecided.
But.
Pichu has not been confirmed in any capacity whatsoever.
Conflicting information.

I don't know what to believe anymore. :cry:

Bleck

Smash Master
No, I just don't give a damn when you all get together and cry about the fact that we're talking about something that you could easily scroll past.
"You could easily just scroll past posts you don't like," he says, in response to a post he doesn't like.

Bambi_

King of the Forest
"You could easily just scroll past posts you don't like," he says, in response to a post he doesn't like.
Well no, see, I thought it would be simple enough for you to understand. You addressed it at me, so I responded, because that's what you do when someone addresses something at you, y'know? But when we're just over here, in a thread you're not in for any reason other than to complain about the fact that we're in a thread, you could just not respond, and nobody would have to put up with you being a pissbaby about a character you don't like.

Bleck

Smash Master
But when we're just over here, in a thread you're not in for any reason other than to complain about the fact that we're in a thread, you could just not respond, and nobody would have to put up with you being a pissbaby about a character you don't like.
He said, in response to a post he didn't like.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Try not to discuss possible clone engine characters here. This thread is for the clone engine itself--though the clone engine character speculation thread does this, too.

I guess this thread's kind of obsolete now, then.

Steelia

Smash Champion
So Pichu would totally be able to use Pikachu as a base by just messing with the bone tree proportions a bit.
That's something I've been wondering for quite a while, wasn't too sure how well Pikachu's bone tree would work if made over Pichu. But I guess when you think about it, they really do have similar parts... arms, feet, ears, and even tail. Just need to shrink some of the bones down a little bit. Not quite as similar as Roy's is to Marth's, but certainly easier than Mewtwo's.

...Also, in favor of Pichu hurting itself.:pichumelee:

Leifus

Smash Rookie
I realize my post a drop in the witching well, but Geno.

1) Huge fan favorite, as he made the tops of most requested characters for both SSBM and Brawl
2) Easy to make moves for given his RPG background
-U-B: His cannon, something like a cross between The D's Up-B and Fox/Falco/Wolf's Up-B with the pause before launch
-A's: Punches and kicks, it's a fighting game, every character needs basic punches and kicks. It's what they did for caption falcon, he's from a racing game.
-B's: His other special moves, Geno Whirl, His Rocket Fist, Geno Boost (adding boost/defensive moves?)
3) He's a relatively easy model to design, I would imagine it would be a morphed version of Ness/Lucas. Alternate colors would be pretty easy, just his natural teal, red, dark blue, green, purple, etc.
4) Sorry, I'm a fan boy and am going to say it, *clears throat* "ZOMG IT WOULD SOO BADASSSSSS HAX0R!!!" ...has to get the inner nerdium out. Anyways, food for thought!

210stuna

Smash Lord
We still need more options for Yoshi in the game. Lime Green Yoshi, Blueberry Blue Yoshi, Vein Red Yoshi, Every Color in the Rainbow Yoshi, then Rainbow Yoshi, Rambo Yoshi, Homosexual Yoshi, Mafia Yoshi, Pirate Yoshi, Cowboy Yoshi, Hoodlum Thug Yoshi, Sombrero Yoshi, Afro Yoshi, Aztec Yoshi, Turban Hajab Yoshi, Strawhat Yoshi, Charlie Sheen Yoshi, and Landmaster Yoshi

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I'm
We still need more options for Yoshi in the game. Lime Green Yoshi, Blueberry Blue Yoshi, Vein Red Yoshi, Every Color in the Rainbow Yoshi, then Rainbow Yoshi, Rambo Yoshi, Homosexual Yoshi, Mafia Yoshi, Pirate Yoshi, Cowboy Yoshi, Hoodlum Thug Yoshi, Sombrero Yoshi, Afro Yoshi, Aztec Yoshi, Turban Hajab Yoshi, Strawhat Yoshi, Charlie Sheen Yoshi, and Landmaster Yoshi
Boshi would be enough for me.
But hey, those could go over different colors for yoshi

Last edited:

cmart

Smash Lord
Mmmm if this thread continues to be a ghetto for the other clone discussion thread, I think I'd prefer it to be locked.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Pichu? What a forgotten has-been. How about a Surfing Raichu instead! The last of the Pikachu line is way more deserving to finally get in on the pika-cloning.

Kote

Smash Rookie
...Is anybody going to say Chrom?!? Or maybe an axe wielder from fire emblem, i'd love to see a heavier yet quick character like captain falcon and i think boyd would fit the mold.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I would love to see Medli, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.
Even in a fanmade project I wont see my most wanted Q^Q
If Pichu was brought back, would he keep his "hurting himself" gimmick?

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
What's the support for Castlevania's Simon looking like? I mean, he's got Drac's Castle and the Clocktower (on the Vault, same person I believe) as stages, and a pretty easy moveset to figure out.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's right, you're all in the original clone engine thread. Revel in its glory.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
It doesn't really matter anyway. The PMBR are absolutely not looking at either thread for suggestions. They're going to put in who they're going to put in, if they even do add any more characters.

But that's the thread your probably want to go to, yes.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
It doesn't really matter anyway. The PMBR are absolutely not looking at either thread for suggestions. They're going to put in who they're going to put in, if they even do add any more characters.

But that's the thread your probably want to go to, yes.
All hope for Medli is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom