• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Climbing the Ranks - Travis Touchdown For Switch Smash!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Apparently, they originally intended to have Bad Girl, Shinobu, Kamui, Midori, Notorious, and Native Dancer as playable characters, before cutting it down to Travis.

Suda also discusses hypothetical DLC (though he stresses that there are no plans for DLC at the moment) and how the game's final boss battle came to be.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Apparently, they originally intended to have Bad Girl, Shinobu, Kamui, Midori, Notorious, and Native Dancer as playable characters, before cutting it down to Travis.

Suda also discusses hypothetical DLC (though he stresses that there are no plans for DLC at the moment) and how the game's final boss battle came to be.
I kind of felt that they probably wouldn't do DLC, even though the door seems to be open for it, but it's good for him to humor the possibility at some point.

We probably wouldn't hear of it until a couple years though, but I really like what I'm hearing. Personally, I'm really interested in seeing how they'd implement "memory theft" for a boss fight with Vanishing Point, I assume it'd be locking Death Glove attacks.

Also, it's hilarious how even Nintendo liked the idea of the Smash Bros. boss fight. That's a real good sign right there.

I had been wondering about the red zones myself, Damon's Tower in particular seemed like it would have had more than just the final gauntlet.

But there is also this sort of jinx on the employees of Grasshopper. A lot of them come to work for Grasshopper, and after they leave they tend to get really famous, and they get to the point where I’m not able to work with them even if I wanted to. That’s another thing that we sometimes have to deal with too.
Damn, looks like Masafumi Takada won't come back for GM then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom