• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Climbing the Ranks - Travis Touchdown For Switch Smash!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hard to believe that No More Heroes 3 is coming out in about four days.

Also, review codes have been sent out, so it's probably best to avoid Youtube for the next little bit if possible - I feel like some channels will have videos showing every single boss in the game before it's even released, and I, for one, would like to go in knowing as little as possible. (I'm assuming that there's going to be at least one bait-and-switch, as is a series tradition)
Hell, TV Tropes already has the list for the Superhero rankings in the character page.

That said, I still think we'll have some in-betweener bosses, seeing as both Kimmy and Destroyman are back, not to mention the oddness surrounding Henry.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hell, TV Tropes already has the list for the Superhero rankings in the character page.

That said, I still think we'll have some in-betweener bosses, seeing as both Kimmy and Destroyman are back, not to mention the oddness surrounding Henry.
I think the names of the aliens were announced in one of the trailers (it's how people found out about Midori Midorikawa, who's apparently in another Suda51 game), though most of the TV Tropes sections are blank. I'm expecting at least one of them is going to wind up like Letz Shake or Dark Star (I don't think I need to spoiler tag it; it's been over a decade).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the names of the aliens were announced in one of the trailers (it's how people found out about Midori Midorikawa, who's apparently in another Suda51 game), though most of the TV Tropes sections are blank. I'm expecting at least one of them is going to wind up like Letz Shake or Dark Star (I don't think I need to spoiler tag it; it's been over a decade).
Ahh, that's fair enough. The page does have a link to a trailer called "Alien Superheroes?".

About Midori Midorikawa, she does actually come from a set of short stories called "Red, Blue and Green", tied to The 25th Ward (which the Silver 2425 collection release on Switch includes as a manga adaptation). Can't say I expected her here nonetheless, but then again we've had Kamui, Akama, Aoyama and even the goddamn convenience store maze location coming back from that game, last time.

Speaking of the superheroes, I haven't seen Mr. Wormhole in that section at all, do you think he'll be this game's tutorial boss ala Skelter Helter? :ultcloud::ultsephiroth:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The new spirit event is a No More Heroes one. I'm glad to see the series acknowledged like this if a playable character isn't an option, though there are surprisingly few spirits. (looks like it's just Travis, Travis's armoured form from NMH3, and Fu - you'd think they would have included Shinobu to make it an even four, at least)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

The new spirit event is a No More Heroes one. I'm glad to see the series acknowledged like this if a playable character isn't an option, though there are surprisingly few spirits. (looks like it's just Travis, Travis's armoured form from NMH3, and Fu - you'd think they would have included Shinobu to make it an even four, at least)
I'm fine with that, besides the main rivalry it does at the very least emphasize the Full Armor as a signature part of this game, one that I hope will be FS material for Smash 6.

We just need to make sure this game is a success, in the meantime.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord

No More Heroes getting both a mii costume and a spirit event? Nice.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here are the spirits:

Travis: two star battle against a Mii Swordfighter, Peach, and Sheik (I'm guessing they're stand-ins for Bad Girl and Shinobu? They fight alongside Travis in the opening of NMH3) on the Battlefield version of Big Blue. (no idea if it's another character if you don't have Travis's Mii costume) At level 99, he enhances into...

Travis's armoured form from No More Heroes 3, a three star spirit.

Fu is a three star battle against Mewtwo on Final Destination. His spirit increases your attack and speed as long as you aren't damaged.

I'm not sure what the gimmicks for the fights are, but we'll find out in two days. (we'll also get to play No More Heroes 3 in two days, which is a little crazy to think about)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not sure what the gimmicks for the fights are, but we'll find out in two days. (we'll also get to play No More Heroes 3 in two days, which is a little crazy to think about)
finally get to play NMHIII soon, but Shredder's Revenge gets moved to next year
Universal balance, but at least the sting is lessened with the former in mind.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I just beat Gold Joe, and this game's difficulty is no joke this time around. The enemies here are more akin to the Bugs in TSA, and it took me several tries to even get past Gold Joe at all (Mr. Blackhole wasn't too bad, but can still catch you off-guard). It's no wonder why the Normal difficulty has been renamed to Bitter .

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
If there's the next Smash Bros, I think Travis should get the spot since 3 came out has new moves like the death glove mechanic. This should be useful for his special moves.
B: Death Rain
Side B: Death Kick
Up B: Death Force
Down B: Death Slow

His gimmick is the slot machine for every successful smash attacks

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If there's the next Smash Bros, I think Travis should get the spot since 3 came out has new moves like the death glove mechanic. This should be useful for his special moves.
B: Death Rain
Side B: Death Kick
Up B: Death Force
Down B: Death Slow

His gimmick is the slot machine for every successful smash attacks
Don't forget the Full Armor form for his FS. That practically programs itself.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sure enough, Suda's bait and switching is back in full force.

It's uncanny how I figured out that Vanishing Point would get gypped the minute he said "I'm going to kill the **** outta [Travis]!", seeing how he had yet to show his overall personality prior to his flashback sequence.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
CommanderZaktan CommanderZaktan Megadoomer Megadoomer Flyboy Flyboy Eldrake Eldrake So, if by any chance Suda trolls everyone somewhere down the line years from now with a NMH4 despite having ended the series, which Galactic Superhero that got skipped over would you like to see come back from the dead?

My choice would be Vanishing Point, since...
he actually got to show off some fighting skills prior to Kimmy murdering him
he's a chill, agreeable guy who's honest about everything
he has a legitimately cool design that isn't just the usual alien humanoid

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wouldn't know; I've only just beaten the rank 9 boss.

I'm liking the game so far, but I'm noticing some typos, even in the menus (the description of the two-headed enemy says that it turns "insivable" or something like that, and the e-mail menu misspells "tutorial"), and I've noticed that they removed how Travis goes dumpster-diving for T-shirts and money. (instead, you get the t-shirts from aliens for accomplishing certain tasks; it's a small touch, but I found it funny how Travis went rooting through trash to find t-shirts that he thought were cool)

Eldrake

Smash Lord
For a variety of reasons, I haven't been able to play NMH3 yet, so I can't answer your question.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Just finished the game and need some time to process it (So I'll answer your question when I can) but I just want to say I am absolutely stunned at how Suda managed to deliver everything I ever thought would be in this game along with things I never expected would ever happen.

Absolutely phenomenal piece of work. I feel seen. What a finale.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Haha, that cut content is absolutely hilarious! I totally get why he would have cut it - the pacing of the game is spectacular and that would've put a pause when one wasn't needed. It's a really fun detail though and a Guardians of the Galaxy-style prison break with a character from Shadows of the Damned would've been another great way to clearly get across what Suda is saying with the game.

It's also really funny how the interviewer seemed to totally miss the satire of NMH3 and take it at face value...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>the final phase of the final boss is a Super Smash Bros. battle

Well played, Suda, not even I saw that coming. Talk about compensation.

1. The "Grasshopperverse" is official! Now we can make jokes about Travis pulling a Terry.

2. There's an alternate timeline where NMH3 was even weirder than what we got...
That'd be cool, considering what happens at the end of the game.

Actually, 2028 is going to mark the 30th anniversary of Grasshopper Manufacture, and while I can't say anything concrete yet, we definitely want to do something really special for that. We really want to send up some fireworks for that. So while I can't say we're gonna be doing The Avengers of the Grasshopperverse, I definitely want everyone to look forward to 2028.
Oooh, this oughta be interesting...

In the meantime, I'm glad to hear that Flower, Sun and Rain is being considered for a remake, seeing as the only accessible way for most to play it right now is a DS game that's out of print. I mean, the Silver Case games tied to it are readily available, so it would only be fair.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to what Suda will do next.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

On the one hand, I can understand him wanting to make new IPs. But on the other hand, I feel kinda bad he doesn't have full ownership over NMH...

Flyboy

Smash Hero

On the one hand, I can understand him wanting to make new IPs. But on the other hand, I feel kinda bad he doesn't have full ownership over NMH...
NMH3 was a spectacular finale that I'm super pleased with but I agree, it is sad that he doesn't have full ownership over the NMH IP. I'm glad that overall he got to go out on his own terms, and I'm hoping they leave the NMH IP alone as a result since NMH without Suda would just be a pale imitation.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It sucks, but I understand moving on. Platinum barely owns anything themselves and are trying to go the indie route. If they could eventually finish Bayonetta 3 first.

So even if we don't get Travis in the end, we could always get someone that we know Suda can call his own.

NMH3 was a spectacular finale that I'm super pleased with but I agree, it is sad that he doesn't have full ownership over the NMH IP. I'm glad that overall he got to go out on his own terms, and I'm hoping they leave the NMH IP alone as a result since NMH without Suda would just be a pale imitation.
Considering how anything Suda worked on in a major way never got touched by anyone else afterwards, I don't think we'll need to worry about that.

I could see Travis and crew make guest cameo appearances in the future, though. Dan Smith and Garcia got to do it, so who knows?

On a lighter note, he would love to make his own Castle Murasame game someday.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ove_to_revive_a_lesser-known_nintendo_classic

Edit:
In your eyes, could Travis Touchdown ever realistically come to Smash or is he too much of a punk? Are you worried he’d lose his “charm” in the process if he had to be potentially censored?

That’s a pretty good question! See, the guy who makes Super Smash Brothers, Masahiro Sakurai, is actually a friend of mine. I feel this is a guy who really loves and understands video games. I feel he understands the nuances of No More Heroes and Travis Touchdown as a character. He’s already cleared No More Heroes III and laughed his ass of at the last boss. I really feel like he gets it.

So put simply, I feel it would be possible for Travis to appear in Smash Bros. If he does I’m assuming it would be probably the next iteration of it, but it’s definitely a possibility as Sakurai really loves video games and the character. I’m really not too worried about dumbing down or censoring the character because I feel he’d be able to work around that somehow without losing what makes Travis, well, Travis.

For example, maybe adding in a beep when Travis swears or some way to play around the words to make it all a bit more family friendly. So not only do I feel it could be possible, I really feel it wouldn’t take away anything from Travis because of the kind of guy Sakurai is.
Boom, there you have it everyone. Megadoomer Megadoomer Flyboy Flyboy C chocolatejr9 Eldrake Eldrake CommanderZaktan CommanderZaktan

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, there are some spoilers for No More Heroes 3 here, but Suda51 has once again discussed Travis in Smash - and dare I say it bodes well for the next game?

Again, major NMH3 spoilers! But to sum it up for those who can't click it, Suda says that Sakurai HAS played No More Heroes 3 and loved it, that he and Sakurai are friends, AND that he doesn't mind Travis being dumbed down from his M-rated roots because he feels that Sakurai would be able to easily capture the essence of the character even in an E-rated game!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just beat the rank 8 boss in No More Heroes 3 - he was much easier than the rank 9 boss, so maybe there was some aspect of the rank 9 boss that I just didn't get at the time, or maybe I was fighting him the wrong way.

The fact that the rank 8 boss abruptly gives you every single Death Glove power-up before the fight starts is disappointing, though - I was expecting to gradually get them over the course of the game. He has a neat design, though.

I'm liking the game so far, though I'm disappointed that they seem to have removed the idea of having levels before bosses, if the first three are any indication. I enjoyed hunting for collectibles and anime memorabilia in them, especially in No More Heroes 1, where you got concept art for searching the levels on New Game Plus.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just beat the rank 8 boss in No More Heroes 3 - he was much easier than the rank 9 boss, so maybe there was some aspect of the rank 9 boss that I just didn't get at the time, or maybe I was fighting him the wrong way.

The fact that the rank 8 boss abruptly gives you every single Death Glove power-up before the fight starts is disappointing, though - I was expecting to gradually get them over the course of the game. He has a neat design, though.

I'm liking the game so far, though I'm disappointed that they seem to have removed the idea of having levels before bosses, if the first three are any indication. I enjoyed hunting for collectibles and anime memorabilia in them, especially in No More Heroes 1, where you got concept art for searching the levels on New Game Plus.
I will say that the rank 5 boss makes up for the level loss, as unusual as it is.

Be careful though, the next couple ranks before that are likely to wreck you. 👷‍♂️

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I will say that the rank 5 boss makes up for the level loss, as unusual as it is.

Be careful though, the next couple ranks before that are likely to wreck you. 👷‍♂️
Knowing No More Heroes, now I'm fully expecting that ranks 7 and 6 are going into full Letz Shake territory, where those bosses are beaten in a cutscene by Henry, Destroyman, or some random No More Heroes 2 boss like Matt Helms.

Also, I find it funny that Travis is trying to help Bad Girl overcome her grief over her father's death by recommending various anime, and how he's talking about teaching Shinobu a suplex despite the fact that she lost both of her arms, though given that she already had one replaced with a robotic arm, I doubt that will slow her down for long.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Knowing No More Heroes, now I'm fully expecting that ranks 7 and 6 are going into full Letz Shake territory, where those bosses are beaten in a cutscene by Henry, Destroyman, or some random No More Heroes 2 boss like Matt Helms.

Also, I find it funny that Travis is trying to help Bad Girl overcome her grief over her father's death by recommending various anime, and how he's talking about teaching Shinobu a suplex despite the fact that she lost both of her arms, though given that she already had one replaced with a robotic arm, I doubt that will slow her down for long.
Well, I can say that you're half-right about those specific ones. You'll see why.

Also, it's funny that you mention Letz Shake, because there's a small nod to that encounter by Travis later on in the story (not a physical appearance, I mean).

But yeah, said anime are pretty heavy ones, too. 😆 Though he does give Bad Girl useful encouragement at one point.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat the rank seven and six bosses today, meaning that I got through the second bait-and-switch of the game (but probably not the last - I know that Destroyman and Henry are in here, and I'm guessing they're boss fights) and the deadliest game of musical chairs that I've ever seen.

I also unlocked the room with the gachapon machines. I've gotten all of the fight models, at least - it's nice that the models are added as decorations to Travis's second floor, while any of Jeane's kittens that you find are added to the first floor. It's just a shame that I can't control the camera while I'm in Travis's apartment, since some of those models are barely visible thanks to the camera angle.

I wasn't even aware that the text adventures from Travis Strikes Again return, so that was a nice surprise.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I beat the rank seven and six bosses today, meaning that I got through the second bait-and-switch of the game (but probably not the last - I know that Destroyman and Henry are in here, and I'm guessing they're boss fights) and the deadliest game of musical chairs that I've ever seen.

I also unlocked the room with the gachapon machines. I've gotten all of the fight models, at least - it's nice that the models are added as decorations to Travis's second floor, while any of Jeane's kittens that you find are added to the first floor. It's just a shame that I can't control the camera while I'm in Travis's apartment, since some of those models are barely visible thanks to the camera angle.

I wasn't even aware that the text adventures from Travis Strikes Again return, so that was a nice surprise.
Yeah, it got pretty hairy towards the end, I thought I was going to slip up on the rhythm. One of the two characters you mention is involved in a bait and switch, but not in a way you'd normally expect, I'll say this much.

The only quibble I have with the gachapon system is that it's easy to get duplicates, but otherwise it's a decent way to spend excess cash.

That said, the text adventures are both triggered by Adventure symbols and clearing Designated Matches.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't believe that Bayonetta just pulled a No More Heroes III. :bayoglass:
The nerve! I'd be offended that she stole the bait-and-switch if I wasn't so unbelievably excited for her game!

Also I just want to say one last thing and it's that Travis's chances are deader than dead for this game as we are all aware, but if by some insane miracle he still manages to pull it off as the last fighter I think that'd be extremely funny. That's all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The nerve! I'd be offended that she stole the bait-and-switch if I wasn't so unbelievably excited for her game!

Also I just want to say one last thing and it's that Travis's chances are deader than dead for this game as we are all aware, but if by some insane miracle he still manages to pull it off as the last fighter I think that'd be extremely funny. That's all.
Nah, I still think we won't see him until the next game. Unlike other things, Suda is openly honest in regards to talking Smash, so he respects Sak enough as a friend to not have him pull a trick like that. After all, there wouldn't have been a Smash battle in NMH3's ending otherwise.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Nah, I still think we won't see him until the next game. Unlike other things, Suda is openly honest in regards to talking Smash, so he respects Sak enough as a friend to not have him pull a trick like that. After all, there wouldn't have been a Smash battle in NMH3's ending otherwise.
No I totally agree! That's why I just think it'd be extremely funny otherwise.

I'm really hoping that next game is his chance and I get the feeling that it will be.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat the rank 4 boss, and more importantly, I completed the gacha figure collection. (I just needed Holly Summers for the assassin figures and Paradox Bandit for the alien figures)

I'm assuming that Henry's the rank 2 boss, since the alien who was rank 2 was unceremoniously killed in a cutscene.

Destroyman was treated with all of the respect that he deserves - one of his animations in the first stage of his fight, when it's a bunch of mass-produced Destroymen, has him running away from Travis, tripping, and falling flat on his face. (also, I find it funny that they just randomly mention after the boss fight that he was planning to mass-produce an army of himself in order to take over the world)

This is probably the first time so far where I'm not sure if a character (Notorious, the superhero and WWWWW wrestling champion) is someone from one of Suda's other games, or a character who's just made up for No More Heroes 3 that comes out of nowhere. I had no idea who Kamui Uehara is or why he can seemingly clone himself, teleport, warp reality, or whatever he did when Fu tried to kill him before the Midori Midorikawa boss fight, but I remembered him from Travis Strikes Again, even if he seems much younger here.

As far as I know, I've basically run out of uses for the WESN/purple alien currency (I've unlocked nearly all of the power-ups), so I'm not sure if I'll have a ton of it left over at the end, or if there's another use for it. I'm not going to aim for 100% in the game (the random drops seem like they'll be frustrating to try and get, especially the super-rare ones from replaying boss fights, and while I don't know if I need to get gold medals on the odd jobs, I've read that you need to get them on one type of job to unlock a unique fight), but I'm enjoying the game so far.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I beat the rank 4 boss, and more importantly, I completed the gacha figure collection. (I just needed Holly Summers for the assassin figures and Paradox Bandit for the alien figures)

I'm assuming that Henry's the rank 2 boss, since the alien who was rank 2 was unceremoniously killed in a cutscene.

Destroyman was treated with all of the respect that he deserves - one of his animations in the first stage of his fight, when it's a bunch of mass-produced Destroymen, has him running away from Travis, tripping, and falling flat on his face. (also, I find it funny that they just randomly mention after the boss fight that he was planning to mass-produce an army of himself in order to take over the world)

This is probably the first time so far where I'm not sure if a character (Notorious, the superhero and WWWWW wrestling champion) is someone from one of Suda's other games, or a character who's just made up for No More Heroes 3 that comes out of nowhere. I had no idea who Kamui Uehara is or why he can seemingly clone himself, teleport, warp reality, or whatever he did when Fu tried to kill him before the Midori Midorikawa boss fight, but I remembered him from Travis Strikes Again, even if he seems much younger here.

As far as I know, I've basically run out of uses for the WESN/purple alien currency (I've unlocked nearly all of the power-ups), so I'm not sure if I'll have a ton of it left over at the end, or if there's another use for it. I'm not going to aim for 100% in the game (the random drops seem like they'll be frustrating to try and get, especially the super-rare ones from replaying boss fights, and while I don't know if I need to get gold medals on the odd jobs, I've read that you need to get them on one type of job to unlock a unique fight), but I'm enjoying the game so far.
Okay, time to flex my Sudaverse lore knowledge.

Notorious is a character that was properly introduced in Fire Pro Wrestling World, which Suda previously wrote the DLC scenario for (naturally, he shows up for that DLC).

Kamui Uehara comes from the Silver Case series (comprised of The Silver Case and The 25th Ward). The series' plot is too long and complicated to summarize here, but the gist of Kamui's reason to be in the No More Heroes series is that it's the result of an ending that you can choose at the end of The 25th Ward, and his powers have more significance when one has knowledge of that game's events. To make things even screwier, Midori Midorikawa actually came from a short story (Red, Blue and Green) that chronologically occurs after said game, though it was adapted into a manga that comes with the limited edition of Silver 2425.

And yeah, Henry's coming soon for you.

The specific job you need all gold medals on is that is the only job that involves defeating opponents that aren't gators.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat No More Heroes 3. All in all, I'd say that the game felt very uneven. The overworld of the game had more varied environments, justifying the open world better than NMH1, but once again, there wasn't much to do in them. The boss designs were great, and the fights were more varied than your standard hack-and-slash fare (handling the shifts in gameplay much better than NMH2's fight against Charlie MacDonald), but half of them were bait and switches, if you count Velvet Chair Girl being replaced with Ohma, and the levels before bosses were completely removed for no apparent reason. (aside from Midori Midorikawa, which was probably one of the more memorable parts of the game thanks to that lead-up)

The game had a great sense of humour, but a lot of major story details went unexplained - for example, Henry went from a calm, collected, humourous foil for Travis to an insane berserker who's completely serious and out to destroy the planet, and his voice actor makes no attempt to sound even close to Quinton Flynn's voice (he doesn't even attempt an Irish accent), and the only explanation that we get is "I watched a movie about God." (there's also Jeane the cat having a completely different voice compared to Travis Strikes Again, and Dr. Naomi inexplicably being a giant tree, but those were goofy enough that I can just accept them) Also, the game basically became a commercial for Daemon X Machina at one point.

The Death Glove powers helped to spice up the combat, but it's a shame that you only get one Beam Katana in the entire game. Maybe I needed to adjust the audio settings, but I don't recall the music being on par with the previous games - there wasn't anything that I can recall which lived up to the heights of Season of the Samurai, Mach 13 Elephant Explosion, We Are Finally Cowboys, or Philistine. Another detail that I noticed is that there were typos in the menus (such as the e-mail tab saying "Turorial" or the objective after you've beaten the game saying "You become the stongest assassin of the universe" - not sure if that last one's an intentional reference to old-school "Congratulations" screens like Ghostbusters on the NES), which seems like a weird oversight.

Overall, I liked the game, but I felt like it had some flaws.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given the interview with Nintendo Life, you kind of get the impression that Suda felt like he can't do too much with NMH anymore since it's ultimately in Marvelous' hands (despite the freedom he's had making this and TSA) and got this out of the way as soon as possible to move on and establish his homegrown IPs for the rest of this decade. There's even a specific part of the endgame that got cut out and replaced with something simpler because there wasn't enough time or budget for it.

Also, the composer lineup is almost completely different in this one (especially since Masafumi Takada has seemingly left Grasshopper for good, which is a shame), though the one coming back from Travis Strikes Again didn't get to do too much here since he did some bangers for that game.

As for the plot points in question, they'll probably randomly come up in future seemingly unrelated Suda/Grasshopper games. To this day, some of the plot points and setups in The 25th Ward have yet to come, so it's just his style I suppose.

Top Bottom