• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clicking of Gamecube controllers

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
this thread is stupid. no one cares about clicking when watching brawl matches. someone lock this thread please!
I do, I find it kinda annoying. Modding my GC controller will cut down on some of that clickity clack when I'm playing. Chump.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure the characters are just walking? The thing about Melee (and probably some of Brawl) is that advanced techniques were used even for movement; for example, wavedashing is downright necessary for some characters to learn (ie: the man in green, or, for the players in the know, pink). It gives the effect of moving, but you need to press three buttons (or two and a stick movement) in rapid succession to do it (so to get from one side of the screen you'll hear someone pressing like 20 buttons on the GC controller).

That said, the sound might be an issue, but I think the GC controller is going to be the best bet for playing Brawl. It looks like it will offer the most control, and on top of that, it will be safe (no worrying about batteries, slips of the wrist, etc).

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
You actually don't notice while you play but it is about as loud, there are some crabs who make simlar sounds too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QDJ00jWMRE.
Lawl.

Eh, it doesn't really bother me. If it's really loud, I'll just mute it.

Ya, I have the short hop issue too. Dashdancing makes a lot of noise as well. Shielding (at least for me) makes little springy noises.

M.K

Level 55
I actually LIKE the sound. Maybe because I also enjoy the sound of shoes on tile...sounds similar to me

Renek

Smash Rookie
Any of a number of advanced techniques can cause this... but yeah it is pretty annoying.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
However, that doesn't stop so many people from seemingly assaulting their controllers as they try to play "advanced super awesome mega mind games". I've heard clacking in some of these videos BEFORE THE MATCH EVEN BEGAN. Maybe they just like clacking.
Or maybe you know they could be warming up?

Logic is a nice thing to have.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I love that video.

Anyways, don't complain about it on the actual video, people just respond with "OMG DIS GAME IS CAL'D SUPER SMASH BROS, DUMAS!"

Believe me. It annoys me too <_<;

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it's just the camera being too close to the controllers and the TV audio not being picked up.
That's what it is for the most part. But some people do clack too hard.

Though whenever I'm playing, it's usually drowned out by the sound of banter :D

Zodiac

Smash Master
You clack just as much when you play too, you just don't notice it. Becase you're playing.

Record yourself playing with a few friends, you'll hear just as much clacking.

I was actually at a melee overnight last night, and i couldnt sleep because my NON PRO friend's clacking was so loud.
I was going to say the exact same thing almost but then, I decided to quote.

lazychi

Smash Cadet
i actually rather have the sound of clacking then silence. Overall i dont mind at all, maybe because ive seen alot of vids with clacking but even then it didnt bother me at all. Also i did see some clacking while people didnt move but they could have been using DI after being hit or for an Adv. Tech.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
But... I heard clacks when neither character was moving... that's just stupid. They're just stick-mashing.
My point exactly. Where on Earth was the noise coming from?
They have 5 guys in the background pounding on analog sticks as fast as possible to make them sound more skilled.

...How dare you guys.

Jesus christ. You guys realize, that we're BOTH using the analog and C-stick for aerials AND now that you have to press R all the way down to block it adds to the sound. Record yourselves one day with the camera behind you and see what you'll hear.

I cannot believe you guys would take a stab at peoples' videos when really we only put them online in the first place because they're in demand because the game hasn't come out yet for most of you. I know not to ****ing put my crap on general brawl discussion anymore. Thank you for making me realize how nice the general public is.

ROFLs

Smash Cadet
I love that sound, it shows how much goes on in a real match. THARS LOTS O CLIKN N A MATCH OLOL.

You probably don't notice it when you play because either you have the TV loud or you get into the game. ;)

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Blue sHell,but they are right.It may not exactly be your fault,but your videos are a very good example of what they are saying.

Sometimes I get headaches when hearing videos like that with headphones on.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry Blue sHell,but they are right.It may not exactly be your fault,but your videos are a very good example of what they are saying.

Sometimes I get headaches when hearing videos like that with headphones on.
I completely understand that, and past our first two vids we decided to film with the camera further away from where we are sitting.

But Redmage found it necessary to say that "we're just stick-mashing" to "make us seem more skilled".

That....

No thanks, never again.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Anytime someone makes a comment about controller noise you know they must be new to the game. And a hateful person.

Top Bottom