• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland Bi-Weeklies

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Hello everyone.

So as of late, I've noticed that there is a lot more interest in melee in the Cleveland area than there used to be. That being said, I think we could all benefit with more tournaments. So I have decided to host bi-weeklies. Depending on how much interest I get, Ill rent out hall, otherwise I'll just have them in my basement. I want this to be a learning experience for players who hope to maybe improve, but above all I want it to be fun. I am willing to house people Friday night unless otherwise noted. Just ask me about housing. Every tournament will consist of singles and teams events. I am willing to try different rule sets if it will make for an interesting tournament as well as have maybe low tier or other side tournaments depending on interest. Your input is appreciated. I will probably continue to hosts these throughout the lifespan of brawl so I hope you can use these as preparation for brawl. I will edit the bottom half of this post with information regarding the upcoming event. My goal is to have Ohio one of the leading competitive regions in the US. This is just one small step towards that goal. The rest is up to you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules: Unless otherwise stated, rules will be standard MLG rules.
Tentative Bi-weekly schedule:

October 13th (Official)
October 20th (CANCELLED)
November 10th (Tentative)
November 24th (Tentative)

I may have tournaments more or less often than every other week, that is entirely up to you guys. Let me know if a date is conflicting or does work for you. I will try my best to accommodate everyone. Also, if there is enough interest, I am willing to host tournaments multiple weeks in a row.

So right now, the October 13th tourney is official. Post if you plan on attending. I'd like to know if you are interested in any side tournaments such as low tier or crews. Perhaps even for a game other than melee? I am considering different entree fees, let me know what you think is reasonable. Post if you can bring set ups.

It starts at noon.

Entree Fee:
$10 Singles
$10 Each for teams.

Address:
38101 Colorado Ave.
Avon, OH 44011

So the house is on the street you turn on to from I-90. If you come from the east take a left. If you come from the west take a right. The house is less than a mile down the road on the right side. After you pass BJ's Wholesale club on your left, and Ray's Auto on your right, there will be a yellow 3-way intersection sign, tun into the first driveway on your right after the sign. There are two driveways joined together, mine is the one on the left. Try not to block the driveway the whole driveway. If There are too many cars tell me, ill find you parking.

Impp

Smash Ace
Yeah, this sounds cool, It looks like I can make it on the 13th. I'll bring a Gamecube and T.V.

4% APR

Smash Champion
you know I'm in, the 20th is the escape tourney, Maybe you should let them have that date.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll probably come to this from time to time along with Drac and Omni. I'm not too sure about this first one though.

Steele

Smash Journeyman
So to all who goes to Common Grounds, do you guys think we should reschedule the smash fests on friday nights instead of saturday so we don't interfere with this. I kinda want to go to this w/o being too smashed out, ya know? It's up to you guys though...

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
So to all who goes to Common Grounds, do you guys think we should reschedule the smash fests on friday nights instead of saturday so we don't interfere with this. I kinda want to go to this w/o being too smashed out, ya know? It's up to you guys though...
Ya, thats a good idea.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
doesnt matter to me but i dunno 10$ seems more symmetrical

i'll probly get to some of these. **** i may get to the one on the 13th. Yeah i dont know why y'all werent holding bi weeklies b4.(i guess ppl do have lives) but better late than never.

soap

Smash Hero
i never mind paying 15 when i go to a big tourney and get to play new people, but for local biweeklies, if there a bunch of em, id rather just pay 10, cuz i dont wanna pay 15 to play the same people over and over, and cuz those 5 bucks add up when you're broke. but yea, this looks fun.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i never mind paying 15 when i go to a big tourney and get to play new people, but for local biweeklies, if there a bunch of em, id rather just pay 10, cuz i dont wanna pay 15 to play the same people over and over, and cuz those 5 bucks add up when you're broke. but yea, this looks fun.
sure does soap....Im a college penny counter nowadays so even like 3 bucks seems more than it used to. i'll guess if there were to be a vote i'd say 10$ just to be clear, and show my sig/advetise a PA tourney >_>

FrenzieFool

Smash Journeyman
its quite ridiculoso to pay for bi-weeklies.. specially ones vidjo is involved with... you know he wants you guys to come so he doesn't have to get a job and this will be his form of money... right?

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Hey I think I'll come...I just started going to college in Ohio, and I'm addicted to Smash at the moment. Not too much competition here, and I'm sick of playing alone. I'm probably awful compared to everyone else though. Hope you guys don't mind a noob >.<

Also are there like...directions...?

And will there be free play or non tournament stations so I have something to do when I exit early?

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Yes there will be free play setups. I ask that everyone capable bring TVs, cubes and copies of smash.

As for directions, i posted the address up top, use mapquest to get personal directions.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Mmm, so you did. Must have missed that, soz.

I have a Wii, not a cube, is that ok? Also my melee disc is ****ed up in that it gets an error if certain characters are picked. It's kind of funny, but maybe it will work on a gamecube?

I have a TV, but it's huge and fairly annoying to carry around and might not fit anywhere, except like the floor. Should I bring it anyway?

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Yes, if its not too big of a deal, bring it all anyway.
Wiis are just as good as cubes.
If we cant use it, we'll try and make due.
But we want to have enough set ups for everyone to play a lot and have a good time.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hey Vidjo, did you, Pyro, and Omni really accept joining our new Cleveland crew (still needs a name)? Or is Mihai just pulling my leg?

Impp

Smash Ace
n/ m that came off lame,
Anyway, who wants to be on my team! ... If I've got money for doubles, then

Top Bottom