• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smashfesting! (Next Event: Dec 27th!)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hello everyone,

On December 21st, There will be a smashfest at Donatos. I would like to have alot of people here (15+people) where we can just hang out, eat pizza, play Smash, and have the basements all to ourselves. Please let us know if there's interest.
I think Rizner was talking about this. I think we could get a car going up there.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
y'all play melee, right? a buddy of mine moved to cinci recently and all we do is smash. we both used to live in the middle of nowhere but now that we're in a city we've been meaning to meet up with some other like minded individuals :)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Bump for update to the OP. If the rapid-fire tournaments continue I think I'll be wanting to revisit the idea of using Saturday as our regular day. There's seriously not been a weekend without a tournament either in CBus or KY in like... months. It could be that Friday will prove a better candidate.

Arcade Legacy does their fight nights every Thursday, as well. They don't currently draw a smash crowd, but I'd be happy to relocate there to spread the word (if people are interested in driving out there). I know they have a couple regulars that want to start playing, especially following the hype from the documentary.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Hey Cinci, is there anyone here who's planning on going to Smashing Through the Years on the 28th in Kentucky? I wanted to go to it, but I'm currently away from college so it's a long 4 hour drive for me, and 5 hours to Morehead (the usual place I'm housed at for KY tourneys). I was wondering if anyone would be up to providing housing?

Also, if you guys didn't already have a carpool planned, my minivan could be an option (can bring 6 people + 2 medium-small TV's). I'm a good driver, Morehead can vouch for me lol.

Just thought I would ask, thanks :)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I updated the OP with the time and some other info. It will be at 6. Again, note to everyone-- do not park in the driveway or on the same side of the street as the driveway.

If you are planning on coming, please let me know-- either here, in a PM, or on facebook. I'd like to have a good estimate of how many to expect.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hey Cinci, is there anyone here who's planning on going to Smashing Through the Years on the 28th in Kentucky? I wanted to go to it, but I'm currently away from college so it's a long 4 hour drive for me, and 5 hours to Morehead (the usual place I'm housed at for KY tourneys). I was wondering if anyone would be up to providing housing?

Also, if you guys didn't already have a carpool planned, my minivan could be an option (can bring 6 people + 2 medium-small TV's). I'm a good driver, Morehead can vouch for me lol.

Just thought I would ask, thanks :)
I know we have some people planning on going. I'm probably among them. I'll try to see what's going on carpool-wise.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I updated the OP with the time and some other info. It will be at 6. Again, note to everyone-- do not park in the driveway or on the same side of the street as the driveway.

If you are planning on coming, please let me know-- either here, in a PM, or on facebook. I'd like to have a good estimate of how many to expect.
me n my buddy nick will be there tomorrow night :) how many other people you think are coming?

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys this is Collin. I showed up last week with a couple of my friends for Friday smash but this week I am going to hold my own Friday Smashfest because it is too much of a drive from West Chester for me. I will get a tournament post up tomorrow about the tournament this week (hopefully) and the one next week (definitely). I will also post it on the reddit subreddit and on the cincinati fighter game group on facebook. Hope to get a bunch of people from the fighting game scene based from Game Junkie and Arcade Legacy.

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I will be throwing the first of many super smash bros. tournaments at my house this Friday. This Friday will just be a Friday Smashfest and can be casual smashing or $1 entry. Then next Friday we will have a fullfledged $5 entry tournament. Come to just hang out and learn about smashbros or to play. We will be playing Melee and have a setup for Project M. If you come please bring a setup or CRT TV. Though my house is not the best place to hold a tournament at the moment; we hope to get the ball rolling and have it at a better house or Game Swap Mason. I have 4 setups atm.

7315 Adena Hills Ct. West Chester Ohio can being arriving at 6:00.

OH Rob

Smash Rookie
Have you posted anything about this in the Facebook group? Having two smashfests back to back is fun and all, but not really manageable with how real life works out, and splitting half of our 12 people to go to one fest one day and the other half going to the other fest doesn't really seem efficient. Not to mention not really many of us know or can tell who you are just from your address and a Smashboards name. Try asking about it in the facebook group

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Update to the OP concerning fight nights at Arcade Legacy.

It looks like with the recent smashboards update I no longer have the ability to edit the thread title. >.<

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hi guys, I will be throwing the first of many super smash bros. tournaments at my house this Friday. This Friday will just be a Friday Smashfest and can be casual smashing or $1 entry. Then next Friday we will have a fullfledged $5 entry tournament. Come to just hang out and learn about smashbros or to play. We will be playing Melee and have a setup for Project M. If you come please bring a setup or CRT TV. Though my house is not the best place to hold a tournament at the moment; we hope to get the ball rolling and have it at a better house or Game Swap Mason. I have 4 setups atm.

Also, I think I'd like to go to this as well. Do you mind if I mention it on the FB group?

sneakytako

Smash Lord

What time is this happening? I'd like to attend after work

Megachuk

Smash Ace
Smash today at Josh Kaiser's place. I won't be able to attend, but he asked me to let everyone know.

260 Ludlow Ave
Cincinnati OH

He said to come over around 6

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Tournament Friday at Gameswap Mason starting at 7, if we can get enough people we hope to start these as weekly/biweekly tournaments for melee and project m. This is a large venue that can hold up all of us easily in the back (Friday Night Magic will be happening in the front room). Tournament will be $5 entry and will be Melee this week (we will probably rotate between melee and project m unless there is a demand for either side).

FeedReed

Smash Rookie
Tournament Friday at Gameswap Mason starting at 7, if we can get enough people we hope to start these as weekly/biweekly tournaments for melee and project m. This is a large venue that can hold up all of us easily in the back (Friday Night Magic will be happening in the front room). Tournament will be $5 entry and will be Melee this week (we will probably rotate between melee and project m unless there is a demand for either side).
Are you guys having anything this Friday? I live near mason.

Top Bottom