• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smashfesting! (Next Event: Dec 27th!)

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
I know its a lot to ask, but since your going to Shuffle lV, think it's possible to pick me up on the way? I'll pay for my own stuff and the extra few minutes of gas it'll take you (if i can go :p)

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
I know its a lot to ask, but since your going to Shuffle lV, think it's possible to pick me up on the way? I'll pay for my own stuff and the extra few minutes of gas it'll take you (if i can go :p)
Uhhh...let me think about it, we are still working out the last of our plans for the trip, though we are planning on staying overnight in Columbus in a hotel since the tournament probably won't end until like midnight or later. If you're cool with that, I'll ask and see if we have some extra room for one more, but I would recommend looking for somebody else in case it doesn't work out.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
I'm really new to actual tournaments, so I don't have any homies nearby who would take me. I've only been to one P:M tournament. Next year I'll have some Smash friends and some cash, so I'll be goin everywhere. But yeah, private message me if you want to talk more about this!

Compton Falcor

Smash Rookie
I live in Oakley/Hyde Park. I work from home, and have a pretty flexible schedule. I can't currently host, as I have no Wii and a tiny crap TV, but I also drive up to West Chester sometimes. I don't mind visiting someone in my free time. I'm good at cooking, so we could make a lunch/late breakfast of it!
I live like 20 minutes from Oakley, we should smash sometime

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
Me and Doctor X just went to Shuffle 4 in Columbus. Come on you guys, the Columbus crew is waaay more active than us. We need bi-weeklys or something!

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
I did bad in tournament and really good in friendlies. Steve did alright in Melee I think and got pretty far in PM with Lucas. He did well against ChuDat!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I did bad in tournament and really good in friendlies. Steve did alright in Melee I think and got pretty far in PM with Lucas. He did well against ChuDat!
I only got 17th in PM. I might have done better judging by how well I played against Chu, but he was my first round match and Prince Abu was my second round match in Losers. Really hard bracket. :\

In Melee I really have no idea. The bracket may as well have been seeded randomly and had a ton of byes and people dropping out. Currently waiting on the results thread. It was a really fun tournament, though. I was happy to see a really strong turnout for basically all of the games.

I'll talk to C-bus and see if they'd like to get a fest together in the next couple of weeks, if they don't have one already. We can carpool up there.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yes, definitely. From the Results thread:

New Columbus (or Cincinnati... or Pittsburgh) people, if you have Facebook and are interested in seeing what's going on in Columbus for Brawl (kinda) and definitely Project M, ask to join the Columbus PM and Brawl Facebook Group. Otherwise, please pop into the Columbus, Ohio Social and Smashfest Thread here on Smashboards.

Colten (SoulPech) and Chonce (me) generally update what we're doing in the group, what events we're going to, what smashfests are being hosted... and currently, travel plans for APEX 2014. Please, please, please communicate with us, as this will make things 1 million times easier in the future.

Not to neglect those of you who enjoy Melee. For that, please join the OSU Melee Facebook Group and talk to Abhi (Prince Abu) and Tyler (HankyPanky).

Rizner

Smash Ace

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
Hey, we should try to have a smashfest soon or go to one (anything happening this weekend?) -- also, we should try to get a good Cincinnati representation at this tournament in KY -- http://smashboards.com/threads/game-on-monthlies-november-23rd-2013-nicholasville-kentucky.341708/

I will likely have a full car going there (might have one open seat although I'm not sure at this point), but it would be cool to see other groups show up as well.

I'm currently in the works to set something up in Oxford (since no one is planning anything yet :/) But that might not even be until next semester. Really we just need to get some weeklies/biweeklies set up somewhere so everybody can practice. I'm willing to offer up Miami University as a possible place, but I don't think everybody would be to keen to drive up here all the time.

Also I might try and make it to that tourney, but I doubt it, let me know if you still have space in a week or two

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
that tourney in kentucky is so far. I could sit in a car for hours and talk bout smash n all, but dont know if i got the money for something like that :p and Heroo is right. We need a cheap/free place to go to right around cincinnati for regular tournaments. Im sick of 20 stocking Cpus D:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
No plans seem to be occuring as yet this weekend. I'm all about doing a smashfest. I'd have to ask my roomates first about hosting, unless someone else wants to.

As for the 23rd, I'd be happy to go to Kentucky, although I was hoping we could get a car to go and play with the Columbus guys that day. They do smashfests about every weekend, though, so we could just push that to some other time.

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
No plans seem to be occuring as yet this weekend. I'm all about doing a smashfest. I'd have to ask my roomates first about hosting, unless someone else wants to.

As for the 23rd, I'd be happy to go to Kentucky. II was hoping we could get a car to go and play with the Columbus guys that day, but they do smashfests about every weekend, though, so we could just push that to some other time.

Miami University would be willing to help out with a smashfest/tournament, I'm planning a tournament for next semester, but as far as weeklies go, maybe not so much. Besides, I'm pretty sure that people don't want to drive all of the way up here just to play some smash but honestly I've seen people do some cool stuff to get to a smashfest. I can inquire into setting up weeklies/biweeklies if people are interested.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Miami University would be willing to help out with a smashfest/tournament, I'm planning a tournament for next semester, but as far as weeklies go, maybe not so much. Besides, I'm pretty sure that people don't want to drive all of the way up here just to play some smash but honestly I've seen people do some cool stuff to get to a smashfest. I can inquire into setting up weeklies/biweeklies if people are interested.
I'd be happy to come visit for a one-off event every once in a while. For a regular event we'd probably want something more central. Most smashers seem to live on the east side these days.

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
Dang, hope I can find a ride in that case. Also just food for thought, back in CO we held smashfests at a Mcdonalds every friday night, so feel free to look and ask around at different places if no one wants to offer up their place.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
Yeah your place is 35 mins from mine, Heroo. I can't do that every week. Considering this is a Cincinnati thread....we should try and get weeklies somewhere there. What about Arcade Legacy? if we DID get a discount, it would probably be 10$. Im hoping we can find somewhere for only 5, or maybe free.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Well, it looks like I got the ok to host biweeklies here at my place. It's at 736 Sage Hill Drive, Taylor Mill, KY. Feel free to google it and see if that seems like a reasonable distance.

I'll update the OP when I have the starting date officially settled on. Should be relatively soon.

OH Rob

Smash Rookie
Can we get a fest on the 29th, or 30th? I'm going to be in town and I'd like to learn some new PM Match Ups or get some Melee time in.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
honestly, this should all be discussed on the cincinnati facebook group. we have a file where everyone lives, so we can figure out where the best place to host would be. if you havent joined the group yet, check out dr. x's old post in this thread.

SoulPech

Smash Master
As for the 23rd, I'd be happy to go to Kentucky, although I was hoping we could get a car to go and play with the Columbus guys that day. They do smashfests about every weekend, though, so we could just push that to some other time.

This. Also, Dr. X was wanting to come up from what we talked about in person.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
This. Also, Dr. X was wanting to come up from what we talked about in person.
Seems the decision to go to Nicholasville instead for their tournament was made. Sorry for not informing you.

The following weekend I hope to start up the biweeklies. We'll find a way up there somehow, though. I'll let you guys know.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We have about 5 CRTs or so for use here for those who haven't already attended. Gamecubes/Wiis are the major requirements. There is food up the street in the form of restaurants.

OH Rob

Smash Rookie
When I come on Saturday I can bring a Wii, P:M, and Melee. When I'm in Cincinnati over the next few months I'd like to get a fair amount of Melee practice in though, because I'm going to be entering that at Apex and not P:M. I'm still up for playing all of the Smash games, I just want to make sure I don't get too out of practice beforehand.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
still not sure what we are doing for north cincin's biweeklies. was told to hold off on them untill after the holidays though...im planning on arcade legacy unless we get someone who could host.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hello everyone,

On December 21st, There will be a smashfest at Donatos. I would like to have alot of people here (15+people) where we can just hang out, eat pizza, play Smash, and have the basements all to ourselves. Please let us know if there's interest.

Top Bottom