• All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Support Smashboards and get Premium Membership today!

Chun-Li Kicks the Competition for DLC 'work in progress'

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well, Kickers, we did get a lot of Capcom content this Pass. However, I still find it strange that we, after Min Min and even before that in the base game, there are no SF costumes, not one.

MarcSio277

Smash Ace
Chun-Li Fortnite moves.

I recently played Fortnite because of Street Fighter and I don't if skins are voiced, though if only the Ryu and Chun-Li skin were voiced by Kyle Hebert and Laura Bailey (or Ashly Burch). Or heck, maybe Vincent Tong and Shannon Chan Kent.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So for the fact Pyra/Mythra's Challenger Pack came with almost nothing but Capcom Mii costumes, what does this mean for Chun-Li's chances? I still think she could make it in since there's still no Street Fighter costumes. And she doesn't even need to come with any Capcom costumes since Banjo & Kazooie didn't have any Microsoft costumes with them. I wouldn't say our girl is out just yet. We just got to be patient and wait until the Summer to see how things all pan out.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Just played Street Fighter for the first time! There was a good sale on Street Fighter V that I couldn't pass up. I main Zangief and my dad was kicking my ass with Cammy. Sorry, a little off topic but I wanted to share this somewhere.
I've played a little SFV with my brother and I also played Zangief. He couldn't beat me when I spammed I think his light punch

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I like Chun-li and I feel like she definitely deserves(popularity and legacy) the inclusion but I don't want her to be a DLC because I think her playstyle is just going to be boring. Chun-Li has always been pretty contained in the Street Fighter series, rewarding fundamentals over flashy mechanics. I think that would maintain true if she joined smash. I imagine the V-Trigger mechanic is recreated faithfully would just seem goofy in Ultimate as well.

Top Bottom