• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
Dani v. PNoy was some amazing Marth dittos to watch, just awesome play from both. The finale with PNoy and Hall was just full of intense moments of anticipation. The entire thing was just crazy. I think it was Hall who turned around at the end and said "Where the hell did all these people come from?"

Great playing by everyone, super entertaining to watch.

Rickety -- I gotta figure out a way to counter your G&W! that BAir is just killer, man. Great playing you, you're a class act.
GhettoSoldier -- Man, I'm gonna get you next time. Dunno WHAT I was thinking when I chose Ike that second round. Great play, you totally got in my head with some of your mind games.

D

Deleted member

I AM DETERMINED TO MAKE IT NEXT SUNDAY RAWR. /caps

Edit: Is singles or doubles first?

Evan Wolf

Smash Rookie
Chula Vista Weekly III
Incomplete Results:

1. Hall
2. Pnoy
3. Dani
4. Nicktendo
5. Rickety
5. Awex
7. MogX
7. Selendrile(?)
9. Bone
9. Izzy Pop
9. TKD

1. Ernie Rays Jr. (Pnoy + LHG)
2. Death by Mullets (Hall + Oats)
3. Ken and Isai? (Dani + Dayu)
4. Rickypop (Rickety + Izzy Pop)

---

How did Rickety get 5th? He stinks.

---

Edit: Doubles was first, then Singles.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!

Um Yeah....

First and Foremost, P_noy: saying stupid **** that came to my head, Hall beating you in Grand Finals, and then having you give me weird winks was by-far the best gift you could have recieved for your birthday. First singles, then Doubles! We're coming after you and LHG.

LHG - So much aggression dude. One of these days we just gotta chill and blow up some pigeons.
J-Flo-ho: I enjoy those little moments when we both hear something ridiculous, look at each other and just laugh.
Izzypop: Argh! You were my fourth consecutive loss that day (even if it was Advance Wars) and I just wasn't feeling it. Sorry. But you are good at that game and I now fear you. Good day good sir.
GhettoSoldier: Wish I played you more.
Chubs: you too.
Ice: Your Sonic broke me.
Havok: Your Marth swept up the pieces and tossed them outside.
Selendrile: I'm going to start giving you more props and more high-fives. Expect them.

Awex: We need to play outside of these things and just hang out
Nicktendo: Diddy is a beast! What-the!
Hall: We need a new team name. Family Men can't be done again. Still love you.
Bone: Our crew is teh roxorz.

Everyone else: Good games, and I had a fun time.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
That was some good ****, guys. I hope next week turns out to be even better.

...Hall + Snake = Death By Mullets. You rocked that ****, man!

Hall

Smash Ace
OMG, best weekly yet. Y'all are the coolest to chill with and I feel that collectively we're all getting so much better as players and a community.

P_Noy~ It's always a blast playing/chillin with you. I dunno how I managed to steal that win when usually you're thrashing me all over the place. We'll see what happens next time unless...

NICKTENDO beats us both! Seriously Nick, it's like your monkey was infected with rage. You were on fire with them banana combos. Fruitylicious! You and...

AWEX both! I've never seen your Olimar in singles prior to last Sunday but I gotta say it was pretty beastly. Between your Oli and Nick's Diddy and the Double De's you guys are a force to be reckoned with. Speaking of our 'lil crew...

BONE is and will always be the absolute ****. ERRGH EAAARGH! YUUURGH! Funny noises abound, like the ones...

LHG and I heard. That really didn't sound like a laugh and I'm glad somebody else caught that. I also heard your voice over all the others in the finals which made me laugh so much I almost dropped my controller. Which is really something considering...

OATS has a really loud voice. If you want a permanent team name then help me think of one. Personally I like family men. You know, guys like the ones in...

CHUBBIES RULE! Nice seeing you again Chubs. And Nick, you gotta go Wolf. Your wolf really is good. Be confident Atryu!

I think it was Hall who turned around at the end and said "Where the hell did all these people come from?"
I heard all the cheering during the finals, but I didn't realize so many were in that room. It surprised me.

I AM DETERMINED TO MAKE IT NEXT SUNDAY RAWR. /caps
Please do 'lil guy. It's always cool seeing you and Hugglebunnies.

That was some good ****, guys. I hope next week turns out to be even better.

...Hall + Snake = Death By Mullets. You rocked that ****, man!
I was gonna shave my head later, but maybe I'll just make it more mulletish instead. Gotta perm 'dat ****!:laugh:

Basic

Smash Cadet
Friendlies this week?

Anyone free THIS Thursday for some friendlies? I was supposed to go to the very first tourney at Havok's but I end up working that day.....3 times in a row!!!! I need to get back on the ball.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
cool tourney ill definitely do this next week (america's next top model featuring mario on bass will rule all!!!)
basic ill take your offer to play on thursday since i have only smashd at these tourneys lately (no smash during the week for mario) just post a time and stuff plus ill play anyone during the week (i need it)
congrats to the winners

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Kinda late shoutouts:

Hall: LOL, the "sounds" was such a wtf moment. Congrats on winning, even though I was going for Pnoy (if my awesome yelling didn't give it away LOL). Your guys' set was SOOOOO intense, I hope the next weekly is just as exciting. I hate fighting your Snake in doubles.

Oats: Alka-Seltzer on pigeons LOL. I think the funniest/best part of the tournament with us was during doubles and you hit that CRAZY combo on me and totally called it out. That was definitely too good. Not to mention you guys beasting Ernie Rays Jr.... scared the crap out of me for real. Let's hope the next time is just as exciting.

King: Pit 4evas man. Watch out before The King from Nor-cal sees your name LOL. We gotsta play again.

Nicktenickelodon: Dude. You are my hero. I didn't realize Diddy can be so scary. Crazy double spikes with different moves, man, you seriously must have scared your side of the bracket. Double De's IS TOO GOOD.

Awex: Good seeing you again, GIMME PRACTICE AGAINST ICs before someone alternate grabs 0-death me again!!! Playing you and Nick is always a blast.

SA3TONY: THIS GUY! Good to see you after so long. START PLAYING DUDE, there's barely any smashers anymore from the Melee Era. Your Snake can go the distance if you wanted it to. Our match was way too comical LOL.

Rickety: Everyone knows its not an SD tournament without you there. Brawl tournies really ARE getting exciting, pleeeeease stick around.

JatS: Sorry guys for holding us up before the tournament and getting us late. We gotta train more and let's bring out the best of SD for the future. w00t.

And everyone else, see you next week and let's play. =D

**Havok**

Smash Lord
the tournaments ARE getting better. I'm glad we're actually putting something together. Everyone i've met so far is awesome!

Here's to future ones and great moments to come!

XD

Orb13

Smash Cadet
Hi I've been a lurker for a bit and I decided to post. I have a group of like 4 guys and I'd say we're decent. I'd love to come next sunday but I have church, do you guys always have them on sundays? If you do I might host one on a saturday.

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
Anyone free THIS Thursday for some friendlies? I was supposed to go to the very first tourney at Havok's but I end up working that day.....3 times in a row!!!! I need to get back on the ball.

What part of San Diego? And what time? I can smash until 4:30, more or less, depending on how close your are to my work. Maybe you, me, and mario can have a threesome.

Basic

Smash Cadet
Re-schedule

Scratch that, I won't be available this Thursday anymore cause I've been scheduled to work. Whaaack!

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
What part of San Diego? And what time? I can smash until 4:30, more or less, depending on how close your are to my work. Maybe you, me, and mario can have a threesome.
...Whoa, dude. Sounds kinda personal...:dizzy:

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about you wanting a threesome with Mario...but yes, Smash is serious business.
Wait, now i'm confused. I thought every one had threesomes and foursomes in smash. You know, Free-for-alls?

Man, something tells me I'm going to need a lawyer soon. :urg:

jknockoutz

Smash Cadet
Hey I was planning to go to the tourney this week bringin like two more people but its on a Sunday and yeah I go to church wid tha fam in the mornings sorryy. Next tournament, can you please reschedule on fridays or satdays or sumtim.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Church is for quitters. Jk.

And sorry to say, that I won't be going to this tourney anymore, at least not for some time. =\ I work sundays from 3-11:30 PM, and that schedule probably won't change in the near future. Maybe i'll drop by one sunday for some friendlies though.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Hey I was planning to go to the tourney this week bringin like two more people but its on a Sunday and yeah I go to church wid tha fam in the mornings sorryy. Next tournament, can you please reschedule on fridays or satdays or sumtim.
...No Johns!

I go to church in the mornings and still manage to round up the rest of San Marcos and head down all the way down to Chula Vista, albeit, a bit late, for the tournaments. :bee:

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
We can't re-schedule it for saturday the following week on the 19th because that week is my tournament at D&B..... So trust me it won't get changed!

...No Johns!

I go to church in the mornings and still manage to round up the rest of San Marcos and head down all the way down to Chula Vista, albeit, a bit late, for the tournaments. :bee:
And Is that why every time Pnoy calls or texts me to have us wait cause you guys are almost here!?

**Havok**

Smash Lord
We can't re-schedule it for saturday the following week on the 19th because that week is my tournament at D&B..... So trust me it won't get changed!

Let me reaffirm that. It WILL NEVER change. I work every other day so sundays are my real day off. That's the entire master-minded scheme to the schedule, so I can play! lol Sorry man, hope you can make it to one of them some day.

LHG

Smash Journeyman

And Is that why every time Pnoy calls or texts me to have us wait cause you guys are almost here!?
Yes. :)

10char

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

Let me reaffirm that. It WILL NEVER change. I work every other day so sundays are my real day off. That's the entire master-minded scheme to the schedule, so I can play! lol Sorry man, hope you can make it to one of them some day.
Yeah plus they never interfere with my tourneys that get held on saturdays.... :) everyone wins.....

Yes. :)

10char
Of course....... :chuckle:

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice

super late.....
Last week´s tournament was a lot of fun. I´ll get you next time Pnoy and good games to Hall and Rickety too... Won´t be there this sunday because i´m on vacation but i hope everyone has a lot of fun.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
i want to keep discussing three/foursomes (as in free for all matches)
yeah dude i think u got time to get to this even if your fam goes to a noon mass (assuming its 1 hour) since singles dont really start until like 1:00-1:30 or so look at lhg and he comes from san marcos and gets here on time with his crew
plus u can always play friendlies if you dont make it on time or at least come see the final idk

Hall

Smash Ace
You can always do a morning mass right? (Assuming you're catholic/christian)

And sorry to say, that I won't be going to this tourney anymore, at least not for some time. =\ I work sundays from 3-11:30 PM, and that schedule probably won't change in the near future. Maybe i'll drop by one sunday for some friendlies though.
Sorry to hear that bud:(

super late.....
Last week´s tournament was a lot of fun. I´ll get you next time Pnoy and good games to Hall and Rickety too... Won´t be there this sunday because i´m on vacation but i hope everyone has a lot of fun.
Have fun on your vacation Danny.

Top Bottom