• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yeah i pretty sure im going to the triweekly tomorrow!!! Too bad you have to work havok :( But depending on if I go or if my friends just want to do doubles i might stop by tomorrow but Ill give you a call or something......

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
is anyone from arround here going to the ucsd tourney because i need a ride to that

and havok i think ill main random for a while lol
it was cool getting some brawl @ ur place man good games

edit: ok it looks like me attending the ucsd tourney just went from 0% and shot up to 100% and dropped to 40% still in case i do go can anyone provide a ride

**Havok**

Smash Lord
haha sure guys lol, i just got outta work :urg:

i work tomorrow early, some dumb jazz festival invading downtown and we all gotta work longer XD

so anything before 2 pm lol its all good :chuckle:

Oh yea hey, anyone wanna come with me to the Family Fun Arcade tournament on sunday, all my friends flaked out. I'm driving! Who's down?

TRA~

Smash Rookie
haha sure guys lol, i just got outta work :urg:

i work tomorrow early, some dumb jazz festival invading downtown and we all gotta work longer XD

so anything before 2 pm lol its all good :chuckle:

Oh yea hey, anyone wanna come with me to the Family Fun Arcade tournament on sunday, all my friends flaked out. I'm driving! Who's down?
where is it at and what time?

ssDAPRESTIGE

Smash Cadet
Sup guys

I am new to this and i barely saw havoc thread yesterday....however i was reading all of u guys replies and opinions....and i think it would be nice if we go to havoc house on the 22....meet whoever we dont know......and choose a place where every month we can play.....if people cant pay the 5 dollars for some reason cuz they have to drive and gas is **** expensive right now 4 dollars...we could every once in awhile maybe just charge 2 dollars...or just practice. Also we should all exchange fc ...everyone from chula, national tijuan sd etc...cuz i live in eastlake and im really lazy to drive all the way to la jolla 45 50 mins....plus the gas.....and i think if we are able to find a place that is close to all of us we could get a lot of people and start hosting big tournaments in this area......swc could be a place....if we are allow to use the student center .....anyways....i think we should start forming like all of u guys mention a place here in chula that is close to all..instead of drving to LA, etc....email= carlosaiouros@hotmail.com

Hall

Smash Ace
Read the thread buddy. We've been trying SWC, but to no avail. If you wanna try SWC go for it. Mario and I still haven't gotten much of a reply from the staff.

*shakes fist angrily*

I think we're actually pretty fortunate that Havock will be hosting tournies in June, and MCP was talking about hosting melee "wheneveries" (which are also in Eastlake). Right off the bat it's closer than La Jolla. Although when it comes down to it, you're gonna have to travel a lot anyways.

there is gonna be a tournament in EASTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL, ithink its june 1st.
The only problem with that is that it conflicts with UCSD's melee tourney. A 25 minute distance isn't much and multiple tournies at once will split the attendance. Do you have info on the Eastlake high one?

P.S~Welcome to the SWF

**Havok**

Smash Lord
aw... due to me getting out of work at 2 am plus figuring out the tournament is 3 hours away. Im not going lol.

i'll just wait for gamers universe <3

Whos down for some 1v1's tomorrow?

oh btw ssDAPRESTIGE, starting on the 22nd of june they are Weeklies :chuckle:

Golinking

Smash Rookie
Hey Havok, I am new to this forum, but yea I have been following the Chula Vista brawl community and San Diego in general for a while. Yeah I am a Bonitan and 1v1 sounds awesome. Do you mean online or in person practice? Either way I could use some practice from some local people.

AIM is DrkAngl536 if anyone needs to play me, chao

5112-3082-1142: FC

**Havok**

Smash Lord
K guys i just got an AIM sn for myself since i was using my brothers.

AIM- HeyHavok

Yea I just woke up and if anyone wants to come over for some 1v1's, lets do it!

Golinking: People have been coming over to my house to play lately so I mean in person. Online is nice and all but it doesn't beat getting to know new people and no lag =) So yea you're welcome to come over today since I don't work or anything w00t

ssDAPRESTIGE

Smash Cadet
Hey thanks for the welcome Hall, and yea im new to smash i was in allisbrawl...but i prefer it here....i think havok idea of weeklies starting on the 22nd its awesome!!! im gonna ask a friend if he would like to use his house also once in awhile to host tourneys...and we should try to do the tourneys or just practice on days that won't intervene with any big tourney like in ucla or ucsd...so we do not lose players.....personally im not plannin on driving to la jolla 45 min or anywhere else that is farther away until the gas is below 4.08 dollars...that is to much dude at least for me. Anyways ill be on the 22nd for sure unless a real emergency occurs. The eastlake one i know its june 1st but i havent been able to find the thread.....ill keep looking for it or ill just go to the high school and ask. I think for all of us i guess, it would be better to host our own tourneys here in chula vista....i think its closer in general than going to oceanside etc....

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice
K guys i just got an AIM sn for myself since i was using my brothers.

AIM- HeyHavok

Yea I just woke up and if anyone wants to come over for some 1v1's, lets do it!

Golinking: People have been coming over to my house to play lately so I mean in person. Online is nice and all but it doesn't beat getting to know new people and no lag =) So yea you're welcome to come over today since I don't work or anything w00t
hello, where do u live? sign in to aim so we can talk....

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
I'm good for anything between tuesday afternoon (I get off work at 4:15) up until friday afternoon (when I start work at 4:00). I'm also open on saturday till 7:00 in the evening.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
hey havok my lil bro wants to play ur iceclimbers /snake 1on1 sometime, anyways it was fun getting some free for alls at ur place yesterday. good games

yo if i hosted a tourney tomorrow how many would come? MELEE only
im down , i would get ownified but it doesnt matter
im busy the whole week so tomorrow is probably the only day i could get some smash in

EDIT: (how did i forget this) welcome to anyone new to this thread it seems like we can have an established chula scene after all

ssDAPRESTIGE

Smash Cadet
sp anto

Sup dude...sry if im wrong i was pretty sure i saw ur name ......on the thread... iheard of the eastlake tourney in the IT building...i havent seen u in awhile at the gym in san miguel ranch

eastlake person

Smash Cadet
hah alright i'll host it.

if it's too small we can just have a small smashfest or something.

let's make it 5 entry singles and 5 doubles(though i doubt there will be enough for a good doubles tourny)

gather at.. noonish. start around 1

singles
1st:70
2nd:30
3rd: pat on the back

doubles
1st:80
2nd:20

address is
1133 Augusta Place
Chula Vista, CA 91915

code to get into the street is 2006

aim me at HikaruTorii if you have questions

or perhaps call at 619 632 8466

also: i'll probably need another TV and cube because i only have 1 and i don't feel like borrowing my brothers lol

anto

Smash Apprentice
Sup dude...sry if im wrong i was pretty sure i saw ur name ......on the thread... iheard of the eastlake tourney in the IT building...i havent seen u in awhile at the gym in san miguel ranch
ohh ahhaha what up man if i made any thread like that that was probably a looong time ago

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yeah we need the info for that tourney at eastlake high and im assuming its brawl, correct? And we should just do the weekly or biweekly tourneys at havok's house..... Just until we get a reply from SWC or if we every get some kinda reply from them!

P.S.
Welcome to the thread ssDAPRESTIGE!!!!

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
REMINDER........
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL TOURNAMENT

Date: June 7, 2008

Time: 1:00 P.M. (12:00-1:00 P.M. set-up and friendlys)

(5269 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego Ca. 92110)

Events: Single's And Double's

Fee: $10-Singles Entry and $10-Doubles Entry ($5 Per person)

Pot Distribution: 1st-60%, 2nd-30%, 3rd-10%

Rules: 8 minute time limit, 3 stock, items off, and team attack on

Neutral Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks: Brinstar, Castle Siege, Corneria, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Halberd, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rainbow Cruise, Skyworld

Banned Stages: 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, Norfair, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, Summit, Temple, WarioWare, Inc., Yoshi's Island

First stage is selected at random from the neutral stages
Second stage selection goes to loser
IF there's a third, then it goes to the loser of the Second match

(*NOTE)

PLEASE BRING WII's, Brawl's, and TV's

If you can, call and let us know ahead of time if you will be bringing a WII or A Copy of Brawl so we can make a note of it. And of course bring your own controller. GameCube controllers only! Also just in case bring some tv's as a back up if we need more tv's.

More Info: Call "Gamers Universe" (619) 847-0867 or visit http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=854

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Thought I'd Advertise

If anyone wants to hang out, I thought I'd advertise for this.

I'll be hosting at Smashfest at UCSD in Warren College. People could pitch in for pizzas, bring tvs and wiis, and if enough people show up, there could be a mini-tournament. Why not?

Memorial Day Smashfest at UCSD AllisBrawl.com Link

Memorial Day Smashfest at UCSD
Monday, Memorial Day, 10am - Whenever
Brawl/Melee
Host: Marceux/Oats/Marco (same person)
Contact Number: 619-549-1602
Venue Map

ssDAPRESTIGE

Smash Cadet
Thanks DreamHack yea im gonna find about it....are u guys gonna hang out at havoc house next weekend ?....oh yeah the tourney was for brawl dream....oh i think we have a hope at swc...my gf knows the team that won for student affairs bla bla at swc ...and she is gonna ask her friend if they can allows to use swc student center at least twice a month...however its gonna have to wait till august cuz they are in vacations already....can anyone add me to their wi fi so i can play u guys online. thanks

Top Bottom