• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: An MD/VA tournament results!

ChuDat

Smash Master
Melee Doubles:
1. Mew2king and UmbreonMow :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: + :zeldamelee: $30
2. Wenbo and Slox :falcomelee: + :foxmelee:
3. G-reg and Milkman :falconmelee: + :foxmelee:

Melee Singles:
1: Mew2king :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :falconmelee: $36
2: G-reg :falconmelee: $18
3: Mahone :jigglypuffmelee: $6
4: Wenbo :falcomelee:
5: Milkman :foxmelee:
5: Sypher :foxmelee:
7: Slox :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
7: Epsilon :peachmelee:
9: Bigwenz :drmario:
9: Carson :falcomelee:
9: Duckpimp :marthmelee: :falconmelee:
9: Zebra :falcomelee: :jigglypuffmelee:

Melee Videos!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323523

Brawl Doubles:
1. Mew2king + Mekos
+
$96
2. ChuDat + Boss :kirby2: + :luigi2: :gw: $48
3. Takeover + Lukkay :warioc: + :pit: $16
4. Iota + Serynder :wario: + :metaknight: :jigglypuff:
5. Aposl + Logic :pt: + :metaknight: :olimar:
6. RagtacED + Esoj :luigi2: + :diddy:
7. Darkflame + Exdia :metaknight: + :falcon: :snake: :luigi2: :lucario:
8. PowerPlayer + Philosoraptor :snake: + :link2: :metaknight: please confirm

Brawl Singles:
1. Mew2king :pit: $114
2. Logic :olimar: :metaknight: $57
3. ChuDat :kirby2: $19
4. Seagull :wolf:
5. Mekos

5: Iota :warioc:
7: Darkflame :popo:
7: Poyo :metaknight:
9: Aposl :pt:
9: Luckay :pikachu2:
9: Takeover :snake: :wario:
9: Serynder :metaknight: :jigglypuff:
13: tristan :zelda:
13: Esoj :diddy:
13: monkley :peach:
13: XLR8 :ike:
17: minty please tell me your character
17: Ada :marth:
17: okaya please tell me your character

Brawl Videos!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14565598#post14565598

Copy'ed and pasted
Thanks for coming everyone! :) Especially Tristan, Minty, Slox, Okaya, Zebra, Philosoraptor, Powerplayer, Mew2king, Mekos, RagtacEd and Monkley!

Major shoutouts to Seagull for bringing 3 tvs, Poyo for recording, Epsilon for recording and Zebra for the livestream!

Expect another tournament soon :) LOL I wasn't even prepared for this one! The next one is going to be better!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Gonna do shoutouts tomorrow when I'm less tired, but IMPORTANT!

Someone took my Wii's power cord. I don't know if it was accidental or not, but if it was, my Wii was the one on the first room right by the staircase. If it was someone intentionally stealing it, I'll be very upset, but at least grateful my Wii nor SD card was stolen. If someone accidentally took it though, and has it please let me know, I'd like it back ASAP otherwise I can't play Brawl or my Wii at all for that matter. D:

I recorded videos btw which I'll get to uploading singles starting tonight. The doubles bracket/pools weren't done in the Tio file I have, so I don't know how to tell what's tourney and not from what's recorded of teams, so Chu if you're reading this, can you tell me what the pool matches were? If not, I'll just upload bracket (if I can tell what's bracket anyway).

Also let me know if you had any money matches on the big TV and how much they were for, what characters they were, stages, etc. and if I can identify the MMs in the recording (about 8 hours or so), I'll upload them, but I'll be uploading tournament matches before MMs.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Did someone take a silver controller? That belonged to Boss. I have someone's silver controller with a worn out control stick. Please let me know!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
No, no M2K did not touch any character besides MK this tourney, just like usual. Chu also made Mekos's icon a sandwich... The man's trolling, LOL.

shoutouts

1: Mew2king :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :falconmelee: - I wish I played your Marth on Friday. So elegant. At least friendlies vs your Jigglypuff and Fox were fun. That short hop bairs and fairs shield pressure moment was ********, lol
3: Mahone :jigglypuffmelee: - Nice taking a game off Mew2King. What happened on that last edge guard vs g-reg? You had him! And fun money match
4: Wenbo :falcomelee: - Your Falco is pretty legit. I want to study the video and rematch you
7: Slox :foxmelee: :falcomelee: - Fun tournament set. We should play again sometime
9: Duckpimp :falconmelee: :marthmelee: - Thank you for sending yourself in against me so I can (try to) prove Sage wrong. This matchup is even. Peach players are whiny and stupid

Alcohol - Crew battle was fun ^.^
Chu - Thanks for hosting. I can't wait to play you next Melee tournament. Also, I added a few characters to a few players

My hands have been like carpal tunneled all day yesterday. I didn't do a thing for youtube yet

ChuDat, I need to see the 1v1 bracket to help me name players and stuff

zebra

Smash Cadet
Hey this tournaent was pretty fun. Thanks to everyone who played with me. And Chu I played Falco and Puff in tournament just so you know...

I think I got better from this, thanks guys.

The doubles videos are up on Chu's channel as I'm sure many of you know...

The livestream videos are up on twitch.tv/zeebra_

The other singles videos will be on my channel (zeebra403) within a couple days.

There are a few matches that started recording late (within the first game of a set) and one that didn't get recorded but is on the livestream recording, I think it was G-Reg versus someone, I'll have to see when I get all the videos up.

Thanks to Sypher Phoenix for the smash fest after the tournament, it was fun.

Epsilon has the majority of the other singles videos from the Melee tournament (ones that weren't on the main TV).

Anyway thanks again everyone, and thanks Chu for the fun tournament.

Epsilon has the majority of the other singles videos from the Melee tournament (ones that weren't on the main TV).
I only captured 6 or 7 sets total, hahaa. But it probably still is the majority of the non-main setup sets

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Dangg. This was such a fun event, thank you for hosting, Chu! I also used Jigglypuff for teams, and for singles, for whenever you update the results!

I really also enjoyed teaming with you again, Iota, it's always so much fun!

Nobody can take out the trash like Mew2King! D: (I still beat you to that a few times, though!)

Boss and his illegal activities in the driveway!!!!! (Haha.)

Exdia's becoming the VIP whenever he shows up, lately! Mekos even called him Exodia!

And of course, seeing how Mekos plays teams is a reminder that there is always more to discover, more to apply and develop strategies!

Thanks a lot to Taj who allowed me to use his spare controller for the entire day!

And thanks to PS and Aposl for my only, but still fun money matches!

Thanks to Korn for staying in the garage all day and being anti-social, while beating everyone!

zebra

Smash Cadet
There is also a black controller that I said someone could use on the first day that was slox's and he would like it back, thanks.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Oh yeah, and thanks to whoever stole our power adaptor! Now I need to go buy a new one!

You.

Jerk.

:(

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to Darkflame for going to Brawl but not Melee .... sup with that bro ~_~
Shoutouts to Winston for not entering
Shoutouts to Connecticut for making it down here
Shoutouts to Epsilon for recording
Shoutouts to Chu for hosting

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
My BLACK CONTROLLER is missing

this happened after Brawl singles ended, when there was only a few people left, (mekos, logic, and a few others)

someone I believe took this black controller by mistake. It's a black controller with a black chord. I really need this returned. I used this for both melee and brawl.

I REALLY NEED IT BACK!!!!! Come on guys =/

zebra

Smash Cadet

this happened after Brawl singles ended, when there was only a few people left, (mekos, logic, and a few others)

someone I believe took this black controller by mistake. It's a black controller with a black chord. I really need this returned. I used this for both melee and brawl.

Is this my one with the black top/blue bottom and black cord? Or a different one...

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Fun tourney, good to see everyone again. Shoutouts later lol.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to Darkflame for going to Brawl but not Melee .... sup with that bro ~_~
Shoutouts to Winston for not entering
Shoutouts to Connecticut for making it down here
Shoutouts to Epsilon for recording
Shoutouts to Chu for hosting
dude, I suck at melee =/, Ill try to get better at it though! We'll definitely play next time we see each other.
Other than that, good tournament overall, chu I really liked your time management, we got done rather quickly, and not too late at night. Keep your tournament hostings up :D! My only complaint which isn't your fault at all was just the fact that smashers were sketch at this tournament. It was probably to be suspected, people were missing controllers, POWER CORDS (poyo ;p), and probably other things too. But ultimately I think it just comes down to us needing to be responsible for our stuff as well. But yeah, thanks for hosting man! I'm not upset at my overall placement because this tournament was stacked, but rather how it ended for me. I got 3 stocked by mekos in a 2-0 set on FD ): and got exposed by takeover's snake.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
It's great to see old MD/VA faces again, left a bit early, I had to be in Baltimore before late night.

Thanks to Korn for staying in the garage all day and being anti-social, while beating everyone!
I rarely staying in the garage >_> and I was the most friendly guy there, and you know it :cool:

GGs to everyone I MM with.
Good job Darkflames for beating me :) will get you next time

edit: also

Kaffei

Smash Hero

How
the hell
do you ALWAYS ALWAYS
lose ur controller

the ****!!

looool @ korn

dude, I suck at melee =/, Ill try to get better at it though! We'll definitely play next time we see each other.
Nah, dude, I can barely 2-0 you in a tournament set. Playing Brawl will make you good at Melee up until you reach mid level tournament play. Spacing improves so well. And winning/losing doesn't matter. Melee's a great game. You'll have a lot of fun losing in it. No sarcasm or anything. Honest!

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Nah, dude, I can barely 2-0 you in a tournament set. Playing Brawl will make you good at Melee up until you reach mid level tournament play. Spacing improves so well. And winning/losing doesn't matter. Melee's a great game. You'll have a lot of fun losing in it. No sarcasm or anything. Honest!
good point, only thing is I hate losing first 2 rounds of every tournament I'd go to and then see everyone else move on, it's the worst feeling ever, but you can't get better if you dont go, so yeah Ill try and come to some, thanks EPsilon

Deez.

Smash Lord
Good tournament.. ran pretty well by Chu except for when he did his disappearing act for bout n hour...

Chu- Don't forget what I told you... It should help esp wit Kirby.
Logic- Stop not listening to me.. -___- Ggs tho.
M2k- Lol. Cleaning up of course in MD/FREEA
Mekos- Did well in singles and dubs.. much props.

I grabbed a black/purple controller by mistake if it's anyone's please let me know... I am Suicide King.. need to stop trying to do to much without the right amount of practice... #Shrugg

I still owe you two bucks XLR..don't let me forget next time we see each other.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I left it downstairs cuz i didn't think people were going to ****ing steal it

It's the black controller (black everything i think inlcuding chord) i used for all of melee day, and all of brawl day. I used it for everything. I didn't think people would actually steal it at ~ midnight or whatever. Guess I have too much faith in people.

anyway I really need this back, please tell me if you have a black controller with a black chord. If you let me try it i will immediately recognize if it is the one I used or not (very easy for me to tell) and I won't lie obviously.

This is ridiculous, do I really have to hide my stuff after every tournament? Like what the **** can nobody be trusted? Please message me if you think you might have taken it by accident.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Mew2King you realize it's partially your fault right? Keep stuff in your backpack next time bro.

G-reg: You have inspired me to play Falcon again. Also: Falcon vs DK is a 90-10 matchup.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I had a lot of fun at this tournament, good job hosting this Chu! huum~ adding to the list of lost equipment: I forgot my wii remote when I was packing up. If you see it Chu I'd greatly appreciate it if you kept it safe till the next tournament x.x. If anyone took it on accident I'd appreciate it if you returned it to me.

Shout outs:

Aposl- Had fun friendlying you again. Thanks for the OlivPT advice, hopefully next time I'll beat you with my Olimar xD

Boss- GGs in teams and the MM. I'll beat your Luigi eventually!

Poyo- GGs Poyo, sucks that you started auto-piloting 3rd game you would've beaten me otherwise we all make mistakes though I'm sure you'll beat me next time :)

Takeover- Your Snake is really hard O_o. I was shaking after our set lol. Had fun playing dittos too, GGs.

M2K- Your MK made me feel helpless I still had fun playing you though.

Mekos- The croc killed you twice lol xD had fun playing you and M2K in teams. lol sandwich icon

Serynder- Thanks for teaming with me again, I had fun. Hopefully we'll be able to do better next time.

Seagull- Seems like you got me this time I think I might try a different character vs you until I have the CG down, the MU seems really weird without it.

Darkflame- Nice seeing you again. Hope to play you next time (not in brax though preferably).

Luckay- I'm so mad about how I did vs your Pika. I know I could've done better than that, oh well GGs, I'll try to beat it next time.

Sorry to the people I did not mention. I enjoyed getting to talk and play most of the people who went. :)

zebra

Smash Cadet
I grabbed a black/purple controller by mistake if it's anyone's please let me know...
I left it downstairs cuz i didn't think people were going to ****ing steal it

It's the black controller (black everything i think inlcuding chord) i used for all of melee day, and all of brawl day. I used it for everything. I didn't think people would actually steal it at ~ midnight or whatever. Guess I have too much faith in people.

anyway I really need this back, please tell me if you have a black controller with a black chord. If you let me try it i will immediately recognize if it is the one I used or not (very easy for me to tell) and I won't lie obviously.

This is ridiculous, do I really have to hide my stuff after every tournament? Like what the **** can nobody be trusted? Please message me if you think you might have taken it by accident.
OH MY GOD. First of all, this controller belongs to me. Second, you are talking about THE SAME CONTROLLER.
HOLY SWEET JESUS IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL butIguessitreallyis

Anyway, I told M2K he could hold onto it as long as he didn't lose it, which didn't go so well as you can see. Basically Deez needs to give this controller to M2K before Saturday or something terrible will happen I imagine.

Edit: The singles videos are in the process of uploading

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
good point, only thing is I hate losing first 2 rounds of every tournament I'd go to and then see everyone else move on, it's the worst feeling ever, but you can't get better if you dont go, so yeah Ill try and come to some, thanks EPsilon
You can not enter and play friendlies if you want <_<
Not advancing is like the worst reason to skip a tourney ... just play mad friendlies

Also M2K how has losing your controller infinity times not taught you to just carry it with you always -_-

Mew2King

King of the Mews
there was only a few people left, so getting it back is very very possible

mekos logic and a few others were downstairs, do you remember who all was there? (right after singles ended and i went upstairs to get a bus ticket)

there is only a few people it could be

Top Bottom