• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What Sudai said. Though the deepest eyes I've seen have almost all been blue.

It's hard to describe, Starturds. You'll understand when you're older.

Sudai

Stuff here
If he doesn't understand yet, it might be a while. I've been all about deep eyes since I was young as hell.

You're right, though. The majority of the really deep eyes I've seen are blue, but the prettiest eyes I've ever seen were this gorgeous brown (and I normally ****ing hate brown to death) with small black specks that had even smaller golden halos around them. It was crazy intense.

Is depth infered or actually there? Because I think I know what you guys mean if it's infered. Because I've seen some eyes that just flood and swallow me in sensation.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Depth in eyes is just amazing, and any color can be deep, though ive always liked brown hair more.

Ive got green/brown eyes and black hair (is black hair a myth too?)
and my eyes only show the green with ALOT of light + people arnt usually that close to my face.

/inb4indigo-jeansgestjealous

Sudai

Stuff here
Black hair is not a myth, nor is it an abnormal mutation (like gray or black eyes). It's a fairly common gene in the human gene pool.

Though I guess if you want to get technical, no there is no such thing as black hair or eyes because "black" is "the absence of color."

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I was joking about the myth thing, you don't give me enough credit Sudai.

but i said it because people have tried to tell me that nobody has black hair and that its just really really dark brown. They dont usually go as far as to say my hair has color and therefore cant be black.

But if you want me to get more technical on you, "black" is your perception of a color with little to no hue. It is the absorbtion of all light, and therefore does not reflect light.

So your hair or eyes can be "black", they just have every color, and therefore absorb every color that hits it.

Sudai

Stuff here
I knew you were joking, I just like to be technical. So much to the point that I'm going to point out the flaws in your thinking. :D

So your hair or eyes can be "black", they just have every color, and therefore absorb every color that hits it.
Incorrect. An object can't "have" color. It can have pigment which absorbs certain frequencies of light and turns it into a different form of energy, absolving that portion of "color" from the light.

Ignoring that, and assuming an object can have "color," if something reflects enough light that you can see it, then there it is NOT absorbing all of the light, therefore it can't be perceived as "black."

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Heh technicality, I love it.

The only truly black things in the universe are black holes. They are the only things which absorb all light that hits them.

Sudai

Stuff here
The only truly black things in the universe are black holes. They are the only things which absorb all light that hits them.
Actually, even that is untrue. :o

Black holes do have -some- light that escapes them, it's just not in our visual spectrum. Well..I guess you could argue that the only light we consider "color" is in our visual spectrum, but bleh. Ok, I'll give that one to JCZ. :[

Oh, but one thing, I'm not convinced black holes are the only truly black thing out there, we just haven't discovered (or it hasn't been publicized yet) them yet.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Actually, even that is untrue. :o

Black holes do have -some- light that escapes them, it's just not in our visual spectrum. Well..I guess you could argue that the only light we consider "color" is in our visual spectrum, but bleh. Ok, I'll give that one to JCZ. :[

Oh, but one thing, I'm not convinced black holes are the only truly black thing out there, we just haven't discovered (or it hasn't been publicized yet) them yet.
Well I said "reflect." Black holes don't reflect any light but they do emit their own light (well, matter, but it's all the same).

Dark matter.
Maybe, maybe not. We can only detect it by its gravity but that doesn't mean it's completely invisible at all wavelengths. We may just not have the technology to detect it yet.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Some may say he's blackity black.

We apologize for the delay. We now return you to your regularly schedule intellectual discussion, already in progress.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Incorrect. An object can't "have" color. It can have pigment which absorbs certain frequencies of light and turns it into a different form of energy, absolving that portion of "color" from the light.
absolve? as in to relieve of sin?
and if an object can "have" pigment (pigments are in organisms and drawing/painting materials, not black holes[not@Sudai]), and by definition a pigment "has" a color, (insert transitive property here), therefore your hair and eyes (along with other objects) can "have" color.

Ignoring that, and assuming an object can have "color," if something reflects enough light that you can see it, then there it is NOT absorbing all of the light, therefore it can't be perceived as "black."
"black" is your perception of a color with little to no hue.
^Your forgetting that one^

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Can we talk about purple instead? I like that "color" better.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

Sudai

Stuff here
Lime green followed by a few certain shades of blues followed by a lot of purples, then back to blues. Silver somewhere in the mix, not really sure where though.

Sudai was the name of my second Forum RP character. It's a name I pulled off the top of my head one day. Come to find out, it is the past tense version of the Italian "I sweat" I think. It resembles quite a few words in different languages that involve the word "sweat" so yeah... Just think of sweat when you think of Sudai. XD I had been using the name for years when I found that out and I'm so attached to the name I don't even care. lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It just occurred to me, ROB players rarely Jab cancel. So I'm just going to throw out here now that it's actually a really good tactic.

It's very good at high percents when Jab's growth rate actually starts giving you 100% legit frame advantages, so Jab cancel grab/tilt at moderate percents is really good. At high enough percents, I'd say at around the 140ish range, you can legitimately Jab cancel to F-smash. Sounds like it would be very useful for kills.

Copypasted data from a thread by hotgarbage. Tested on Mario. Hitbox numbers are from closest to furthest away from the character.

First Jab
HB1
0%: -5
30%: -2
60%: +1
90%: +4
120%: +11
150%: +14

HB2
0%: -11
30%: -8
60%: -5
90%: -2
120%: +1
150%: +4

HB3
0%:
- no action: -6
- aerial action: -12
- air time: 2 frames
30%:
- no action: -2
- aerial action: -8
- air time: 1 frame
60%:
- no action: +1
- aerial action: -5
- air time: 2 frames
90%:
- no action: +5
- aerial action: -2
- air time: 3 frames
120%:
- no action: +9
- aerial action: +1
- air time: 4 frames
150%:
- no action: +15
- aerial action: +4
- air time: 7 frames

Sudai

Stuff here
I've always jab canceled. Every good ROB I've ever seen uses Jab cancels. Don't know wtf you're smokin' son.

On a Social matter:
Omg, I just had this amazing dream that physically, mentally, and spiritually rocked me to the core. Like, I woke up vibrating, but it was so much more than that. I wish I could explain the feeling better to you guys.

Edit because I absolutely need to share this dream:

The dream starts with this world going through two "catastrophes" at once, and the dream ends in a third. The first catastrophe is "drones" from space that came to Earth, inscribed some names somewhere and were actively seeking those people out. They killed some people, but the people who's names they had written weren't killed (which I was sad about because the Jonas Brothers were listed. :p). Also, I never saw the drones nor the after effects of this such killings. In the begining of the dream I talk to someone who claimed that the drones killed off a large portion of blacks and I was talking to this person at a rally for such a thing. The "rally" seemed more like a bunch of people eating dinner at a restaurant though.

Cut from there and I'm hearing about this on the radio as I go to see a movie with my grandparents, who weren't really my grandparents as I know them, but in this dream they're my grandparents. There's a GIIAAANNTTTTT Sand funnel (tornado type thing) going on, that's the second great catastrophe. So, me and my grandparents and I were driving over the Huey P Long Bridge (In Louisiana, near New Orleans) and we could see this tornado. It spanned from just a bit before the Huey ended and where the theater near it is. Don't remember the name of the area, but we were going that way. Anyway, we're going, and we're in a van with an open back (or at least a large window in the back) and I'm in the back of the van. We're driving and I'm just watching the tornado. As we descend the Huey, my attention focuses to the interior wall of the "Tornado" as we pass into it. There's no wind though.

At the bottom of the Huey, we find ourselves in a giant hangar with a bunch of other people who are all freaking out. Everyone's been freaking out about the catastrophe's, I've been constantly finding them interesting and neat, just observing. As we pull to a stop and I feel the engine start to die, I feel another shaking starting and it's a shaking unlike anything I've felt. It felt like I was just -vibrating- from the core. It was announced that it was an "international earthquake" but it felt like so much more. NOTHING was shaking, not even other people, but everyone felt it, started to panic, and I just sat there vibrating with it. Someone came over an intercom and announced that this was an "international earthquake," with no further explanation. People began to panic more and then I woke up, still vibrating.

That feeling was soooooo amazing. I wish I could explain it to you soooo much, it almost felt like everyone was spiritually vibrating and it was just a crazy intense feeling that persisted for a minute to a minute and a half (AND CONTINUED TO GET STRONGER DURING THIS!!!) once I woke up. It was unbelievable.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Good to know people use Jab cancel. OS's guide to ROB then still sucks. =P

But seriously...I've seen like NO VIDEOS of any of the ROBs here doing it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i jab cancel to dtilt at mid %s because you get grabs and other cool followups (dash attack woo)
i've tried jab cancel to fsmash for killing but it seems ppl always get out so I normally just jab cancel to some kinda grab

Top Bottom