• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chronicles of Stomp (Devy combo video)

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
hmmm not to be mean or anything but, when i saw the doc do nothing but cape and miss everytime, it made me cry a little. i do like the stomps though. seems as though you need to attend more tournaments or get the chance to play some ganons with more experience to see what you need to improve on. everyone starts at the bottom but the best thing about that is you can only go up. i expect to see you evolve more and more into a ganon main who gets better with each passing video. i hope i wasnt being to mean but i just want to help.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
hmmm not to be mean or anything but, when i saw the doc do nothing but cape and miss everytime, it made me cry a little. i do like the stomps though. seems as though you need to attend more tournaments or get the chance to play some ganons with more experience to see what you need to improve on. everyone starts at the bottom but the best thing about that is you can only go up. i expect to see you evolve more and more into a ganon main who gets better with each passing video. i hope i wasnt being to mean but i just want to help.
You weren't mean at all, and also me and toecutter are the only 2 ganon mains in the state....I think....and well he's just a bit better than me.

I honsestly haven't gone to that many tourneys....like 2 or 3. I started playing competitively in April...and started maining Ganon in July....

but yeah there arent like any ganons in this state....

@Hiroshi - I know I need to work on my tech punishing and that type of stuff...I've been working on it but eh...its a bit hard.

alphameric

Smash Ace
I dunno, the pacing seemed a little slow. Like you waited for the other person to do something first constantly. That's not to say it/you were bad, just a bit weird for a combo video

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Your ganon isn't vicious enough in this vid, I think you need to put more pressure on your opponents. Also, the were too many breaks in the flow of action. You need to work on your combos, speed, and mindgames to make the combo vid more entertaining.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I play a more defensive ganon, more than an offensive ganon...I also need to work on my tipman spikes and wavelanding.

Recently for a mindgame ive been getting down the aerial gerudo dragon cancel...I did it to sago and hes like wtf hax?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I play a more defensive ganon, more than an offensive ganon...I also need to work on my tipman spikes and wavelanding.

Recently for a mindgame ive been getting down the aerial gerudo dragon cancel...I did it to sago and hes like wtf hax?
Yeah, I suppose that can be incorporated into a mindgame, but even the cancel has a bit of lag to it. Anyway, the point that I was trying to make, is that if you play defensively in a combo vid, it isn't really a combo vid, because they have actionable frames in which they can respond. A true combo, IMO, is a chain of attacks that doesn't allow the opponent to escape (if you tech chase properly)

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
all the things in the combo are usually me playing offensivly...I usually can't techchase that good...sometimes ill go the wrong way and look like a ******.

Top Bottom