• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<--ChozenOne's "Learn to Fux With Amazingness" Thread-->

Aero

Smash Journeyman
no, unless you count those trashy falco team ones from a long long time ago

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
If the teams vids of DaShizWiz+ChozenOne are uploaded then you shall all soon see what it means to win games in teams w/out Grab-->Rest.. and perhaps comeback [two on one] with one stock to another team's three...

Duha

Smash Journeyman
what happen in singles though did you go for gimpy rest and get killed all the time cuz i think they messed up in where you placed or you had a n00bish day.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Actually this is how it went down...

In my first pool I played a PikaChu named "Chad" that too is Fuxing w/ Amazing. Pikachu naturally does relativly well against Jiggs, and he knew the matchup alittle better than me. He beat me 2-1 b/c i proceeded to take him to Brinstar.. win, but then made a bad choice, and went Falco when he counterpicked Corneria... Fuxing w/ dumb.

Then i proceeded to recieve a messege from one of my "boys" of him and my ex [of less than a week] fornaicating... clearly that caused me great disgress, and i lost 2-0 to some random peach player from the runaway 7 that i should have 2 stocked.. too bad in pools the stock was set to 3, and mistakes aren't really allowd... aka being at 0% and having your opponent @ 129, and then instead of doing a rising pound, doing a ring to your death <(^_^)b no jones.

Then of course i 2 stocked the rest of my pool [in three stock games]. Top three advanced, so off to the 2nd round of pools i say..

I clearly had

Tope, DarkRain, BigC, Shogun, and some random Peach guy in my pool that got third in his pool previous..

I went 2-0 on the Peach b/c i had calmed abit from my previous rage of losing to Chad, Singing, and listening to the longest messege of my life...

Shogun [unknown Samus player] beat me 2-1 after i 2 stocked him the first game.. unfortunatly due to his lack of touney experience it was extremly hard to read him b/c he did perform the "correct moves".. [the correct moves being the moves that are supposed to be used in a situation, ex- Fox Waveshining a Peach and Usmashing, ect]. So the next two games he [unfortunatly] got the last hit in before i did.. no jones.

Then i proceeded to barely lose to Tope game one, and game two i missed the game dediciding rest.. no jones.

Unfortunatly DarkRain is quite skilled, and though most friendlies we played earlier were pretty even, he two stocked my in both games we played in tourney.

I then proceeded to beat Big C's shiek, then lose to it on a counterpick, and then JV two stocked his marth on PS.... *a lesson to all.. don't counterpick Marth on Jiggs*

Unfortunatly when i should have left that pool in the 2nd or 3rd seat.. 4th was all that i was left with. Therefore in brackets i had nothing to look forward to except playing a first seat which just happened to be a Falcon named Smeesh. Smeesh is relativly skilled, and is quite decent as Dthrow-->Knee [even w/ Chozen's godly DI] and shortly after he learned that he could punish my sidestep he was able to get the hit in on FD before i could... no jones.

Game two i look him to Japes, made a 3 stock comeback.. and barely lost.

Next was clearly JuJu.. a Marth player from LA that had an odd "countering style" Marth that watched my games earlier enough to realize that everytime he Fsmashed that i would attempt to Roll-->Rest. He realized this and then began to WD back-->Fsmash. I realized that too late.

Game two was closer, but unfortunatly he got a low% tipper when i was up about 50% on FD.. lesson... learn to capitolize on your opponents shortcommings and don't get too cocky when you think they don't know the matchup.. and don't be afraid to be gay, and pick a counterstage... it's a game.. they'll get over it. No jones.

Inconclusion, if you have a bag of tricks that should take you to top 7 @ a tourney w/ out of staters, don't reveal the show before the event begins.. and overly technical Foxs, and Falcos are good, but Uthrow rest, and Nair-->Grab ends them just as easily as everyone else...

No Jones.

Good Day Sirs.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya i was suprised to see you did poorly that sux what happend though with x and stuff but i belive in the chozenone that he will bounce back

i should be playing forward and TAJ next saturday it will be the most skilled tourney i have played in hopefully i can try and make a name for myself by 4 stocking forward with my fux wit amazingness(but i will probably get 4 stocked lol). will see though

Duha

Smash Journeyman
o i am looking forward to playing the mewtwo. lol can you really rest the tail.

I had a question that might have been answered but i am not sure.

Their is a falco that is very unorthodox here and he will shffl lasers but instead of pillar he forward smashes and it confuses me for one and i can't figure out how to get around it. He is not very good and i beat him all the time but it is annoying getting hit by that fsmash all the time. The lasers take down my shield and the smash goes through it.

Is their maybe another way to get around the laser like float over them or is that not affective. I really want to figure out the stupid lasers because it is super frustrating. I tried power shielding and that works a little bit but if i mess up i am a goner. maybe if you could point me to a video that gets around shffl lasers good or just give me some tips.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Float over the lazers using rising pound n' such, and then instead of doing an Fair or Bair land infront of him, grab him, and Uthrow him.. if that doesn't work, then when he Fsmashes then WD back, and grab him-->Uthrow-->Rest... GG my friend.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya that is really all i do against space animals is up throw rest it is so easy

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I nice trixie against Falco is if you're right on the edge and you Bthrow you WD back onto the ledge and wait for him to phantasm [in which case he'll die] or land on the stage which will allow you to either rest, or grab-->repeat.

*nods at Plair

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You can't rest mewtwo's tail. You can't hit it with normal attacks. (try pucnhing only it and not mewtwo.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
edgeguarding fox if he is below the stage and at very low percents:

you can try going down and using aerial attacks, but it will not always work at very low percents as he will immediately start firefox soon after you hit him. even if you hit him with like 3 fairs he may still be able to return with firefox just because it goes so **** far. so try this:

hang on ledge and ledgehop dair when he tries to sweetspot. then he will probably try to start firefox again immediately (and usually won't try to sweetspot), so just jump onto the ledge and time a dsmash/fsmash accordingly when he comes up

pchoo

Smash Cadet
I have problems chaining fairs/bairs... occasionally i can land 2 in row due to luck...
->Is this really just a matter of DI?
->Do I need to jump between every hit?
->What's the best way to practice... can I practice against an empty controller? Standing computer on training mode? Jumping computer on training mode?

I think part of the problem is that generally I will just WoP until they're high enough damage to either 1)throw them off and bair once -> float back to stage and laugh at them trying to cover the distance back or 2)smash them.... or occasionally rest them when they're careless with a laggy smash (or up b for link lol)... So how would I potentially set up a situation in which I could chain fair/bair?

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
when you are dairing fox, you have to be careful of the di because you can carry them very far while doing that move. if necessary dair and di them backwards off the stage.

chaining fair / bairs? you have to hit them on the bottom corner of their hitbox so it pops them up a little. i usually just jump and immediately bair or fair and follow up on that. If i start getting too high i fast fall right after the attack and do a falling bair or fair, or fast fall real fast and jump to another aerial. best way to practice? dont do it on a jumping computer, level 1 comp, comp in training mode, whatever you want.

practice on characters like ganon or doctor mario because i find them easy to chain bairs.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
i never really practiced it cause i never can do it when i want to its just something i feel but once you get the rythm down it is no problem

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
ya i was suprised to see you did poorly that sux what happend though with x and stuff but i belive in the chozenone that he will bounce back

i should be playing forward and TAJ next saturday it will be the most skilled tourney i have played in hopefully i can try and make a name for myself by 4 stocking forward with my fux wit amazingness(but i will probably get 4 stocked lol). will see though
you're gonna get ***** dont take advice from this thread because Taj has teh mindgames!

that and I bet LoVo's mew2 can beat you

pchoo

Smash Cadet
Thanks DoYoung: I'll try aiming for the bottom corner of the character, practicing with ganon.

Duha: erm, that doesn't really help :S.

Further Questions:
Is it possible to chain bair/fair if the opponent still has thier second jump? (I'm guessing no?) If not, does that mean you're catching them off thier second jump in order to be able to do this?

Can you set up chained arials? Or is it purely situational? How might you set it up (if you can)?

I'm asking because lately I've stopped playing jigglypuff in favor of the IC's and Falco... At which point I realized that I had gotten bored because all I was doing was bair-camping, which works decently but also gets rather uninteresting fast. That and the fact that I started playing jigglypuff originally because of her arial combo-ability instead of just single camped bairs/fairs.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
You can set up aerials, and you can WoP them out of 1st or 2nd jump (the sooner they use it, the sooner they screw themselves, hehe)...

If doing 1 strategy gets boring, change it up. Plus 1 strategy gets studied and *****... Work on grab and/or rest combos :)

pchoo

Smash Cadet
Rest Combos:
Utilt->rest
Uthrow->rest
Both of these are kinda unreliable since utilt is relatively slow, and uthrow->rest dies to DI.

Grab Combos?
Other than B-throw b-air? (which is really just an extension of the WoP)

Could you list some more examples of Grab and/or Rest combos? (and maybe how I might go about practicing?). There isn't really any reliable source of gathered info about things jigglypuff can do. All the guides are like: WoP! Rest when you can! hurray! ...but that doesn't really help.

At the moment my resting is limited to punishing laggy moves while i'm nearby(most recently samus missile lag :D)... or the occasional short-hop rest... so yeah, I need to expand those areas.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
upthrow upair to a mix of upairs fairs or bairs

nair to rest (shffl or full hop auto cancel)
bair to rest
fair to rest
dair to rest
uair to rest
sing to rest
pound to rest
downthrow rest
duck to rest
wavedash to rest
triangle dodge to rest
roll to rest
dodge to rest
ram to rest (i love this one, no1 expects it, good on the edge of a stage or platform and if they spot dodge your ram or u dig deep in their shield so they cant grab you. if they dodge, auto rest cuz u landed face flat on their feet, if they try to grab, auto rest.)
rest out of shield (easily punishes dash attack, can also be used against missed lcancelled aerials like fox's dair or close range fsmashes like falco)
crouch cancel to rest (its funny at 0% against captain falcon when he goes to knee you, just rest immediately loll)

almost every thing he does can lead to rest.

also you can setup aerial chains with upthrow, uptilt, upair, or just letting them jump.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
i guess that was rather pointless sorry i just felt like writting something.

any ways a good way i like to get a rest is tech chase on a platform of if you are good on the ground. not really a combo but just as effective IMO. plus what do young said is true almost any move can lead to a rest combo but it depends on what % and their di and where you hit them ie sweet spot under them etc. I notice when i think rest the whole match i see more opertunities to rest alot more oppertunities. i hope that helped more then my last two posts

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
victors mewtwo> lovos mewtwo and i beat victors mewtwo

nuff said
so the **** what Victors mew2 is all technical he doesn't even know how to play mew2 rafas mew2 is alot smarter/better

what do you think your hot **** again just like in the past?

ohh and I want to record your MM vs Erg to show everyone in this thread how badly you lose to a kid in middleschool

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
alot are charged smashes, many with chargable neutral b's will use those...mario/doc will use the cape multiple times because it wont wake you up. cant think of any other specialties. either way, dont expect to come out of a missed rest unharmed/alive. just dont miss rests.

cmart

Smash Lord
To add to what Petre said, these are some of the other punishes that I've seen done.

sheik-dair to uair (I see this when the Sheik knows an usmash won't kill you)
zelda-lightning kick
Samus-charge shot
Luigi-up b
Gannon-warlock punch, utilt
Falcon-falcon punch (sometimes I see knee combos, but that's pretty rare)
Young Link- dair
Fox- Lasers to upsmash
pika- usmash to down b
Marth- tipper, shield breaker
roy- fsmash, flare blade
jiggz- rest :)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Edgeguarding Pika is hard. Hope he tries skull bash and WoP him to death, or try to mindgame an edgehog if he tries to ss the edge...

As for missed rests... not sure on some... some I'm pretty confident about...

Lots of ? as I haven't played quite a few of the match ups...

Bowser - full charge f'smash
Cap - Falcon Punch
Doc - 2-3 cape + f-smash
DK - wind up punch (or maybe skull bash into ground and a wind punch for the extra damage, as if he needed a bonus though...)
Falco - I guess f'smash or down smash full charge... or maybe down tilt... depending on level
Fox - a billion blasts + upsmash (i think 25-32 blasts are possible)
G&W - fmash
Ganon - ganon punch, up tilt, down air*, forward air, jab, down throw... practically anything since he kills jiggs at 20% :( (everything after * won't happen)
IC - wobble, desync throw of some kind, f'smash/upsmash
Jiggs - *ping*
Kirby - ...no clue? f/u smash?
Link - d'air if at high % otherwise prolly spin
Luigi - charged smash/firepunch?
Mario - capes + f'smash
Marth - f'smash tipper or charge b
Mew2 - upthrow, d'smash
Ness - big green blob/batted
Peach - upsmash, maybe attempted d'air/nair combo
pichu - full charge skull bash, f'smash
pika - upsmash (hurts :()
Roy - charge b, reverse upb if low ceiling
samus - blast or f'smash?
sheik - upsmash
Yoshi - f'smash
Young Link - spin or d'air?
Zelda - f'smash/heel

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't agree with most of these, Zane. You are only pointing out the most obvious and strongest move that each character can do. Actually, I agree with those if the jiggs player is at a high percent. But if she isn't at high percent?

For example:

CF: Dair into knee. or dair to uair combo, something.
Sheik: Dair into nair maybe. or dair to uair to another aerial if possible.
Marth: Dair to grab to fsmash, dair to fsmash, whatever depending on percent and DI.
Bowser: Utilt to aerial perhaps?
Falco: I like to dair to dtilt. Maybe a dair to waveshine to uair...depends on percent.
Fox: Lasers to drill to uthrow to uair.

etc...

If you can't kill the jiggs at the percent she is at, combo the jiggs for maximum percent. Use your imagination; don't just stick with the obvious move. Experiment with each character and find the best combo to use at certain percentages. You won't always be able to kill a jiggs when she misses a rest so get as much as you can from it.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Oh, yeah, I was going on just 1 shot for most damage/high percent...

I assumed that the question about missed rests was in reference to "1 shot kills"... most of the time if a jiggs is at a low % - yeah it hurts, but people aren't sweating it quite as bad as, say, over 75%...

Also, anything else (such as you mentioned - cap's down air into knee) would just be any standard combo they could pull off if you weren't rested. Anything that you should "look out for" or "try to avoid" is obviously a possibility when taking a snooze...

Top Bottom