• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Quillion

Smash Hero
I agree with @ Jigglystep Jigglystep here. Maybe I'm a bit oblivious, but I never noticed that Karate Joe was (suposedly?) more iconic than the Chorus Kids. Even if that's the case, I personally think that Karate Joe just doesn't represent, I suppose, the spirit of Rhythm Heaven, while there seems to me something- rather, everything, really- about the Chorus Kids that really gives off a Rhythm Heaven vibe.
Define this so-called "spirit" that you're looking for so much. Karate Joe is very much a silly character: he punches stuff to music. The spirit of Rhythm Heaven is doing a bunch of silly stuff to music, not just singing.

And I have to be honest. In the context of a Rhythm Heaven character, a trio of fighters pulling out stuff from other RH minigames, maybe singing some ridiculous tunes, just feel like they'd be so much more fun (and fitting) to play as than a guy who kicks and punches; I would say the latter is a fighter archetype that just wouldn't represent a rhythm-based game series that well.

And frankly, I personally like the Chorus Kids a lot more than Karate Joe.
Excuse me, but EVERY POTENTIAL RHYTHM HEAVEN CHARACTER IS GOING TO HAVE TO DRAW FROM VARIOUS MINIGAMES. I could easily claim that all the Chorus Kids do is just sing and that they couldn't do anything else.

Will you quit it with this fallacious argument that does not help anyone's case?

Chorus Kids was a fun game. Certainly the simplest of the "trio" games which I generally have some trouble on (Clappy Trio gave me nightmares). But Karate Joe has been with us since the very first game. A distinction that will carry into Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus (the title of the newest game FYI).

Even if you're generous and count Marshal as being one of them, that's still one less game that any of the Chorus Kids appears in.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Here are my DLC predictions
Ice Climbers
King K Rool/Dixie Kong
Wolf (100% sure)
Chorus Kids
Inkling
Ridley

In my opinion, it seems likely they are pushing ot complete cut characters first. As such, Chorus Kids have a good shot in my book.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
@ Quillion Quillion At the end of the day, I think we'll all be content with any of the wacky Rhythm Heaven characters. We're simply expressing why we think Sakurai may have considered the Chorus Kids over the other characters if the Gematsu leak was indeed accurate. (It's looking to be, considering the recent discovery of the RH character emblem data in the game's code)

Sure, there was little to no mention of the Kids prior to the leak which could've very well been due to the other more popular characters overshadowing them or the fact that such a character would be impossible so they weren't put into fans' consideration. (then we got crazy stuff like Rosalina & Luma and the idea became more plausible) It's just one of those things that makes a lot of sense after it's pointed out to you; they serve as an iconic character and can easily portray the series well because of the trio aspect and the other factors I've mentioned before.

But again, I'm sure we're all be satisfied with any Rhythm Heaven character getting in. I'll take anyone at this point, Chorus Kids are just my personal favorite and what I believe to be the optimal representative.

Quillion

Smash Hero
@ Quillion Quillion At the end of the day, I think we'll all be content with any of the wacky Rhythm Heaven characters. We're simply expressing why we think Sakurai may have considered the Chorus Kids over the other characters if the Gematsu leak was indeed accurate. (It's looking to be, considering the recent discovery of the RH character emblem data in the game's code)

Sure, there was little to no mention of the Kids prior to the leak which could've very well been due to the other more popular characters overshadowing them or the fact that such a character would be impossible so they weren't put into fans' consideration. (then we got crazy stuff like Rosalina & Luma and the idea became more plausible) It's just one of those things that makes a lot of sense after it's pointed out to you; they serve as an iconic character and can easily portray the series well because of the trio aspect and the other factors I've mentioned before.

But again, I'm sure we're all be satisfied with any Rhythm Heaven character getting in. I'll take anyone at this point, Chorus Kids are just my personal favorite and what I believe to be the optimal representative.
That character emblem says "rhythm". If it was really the Chorus kids it would have said "chorusmen" or "chorus_men". It's just as much proof for Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl and the rest as it is for Chorus Kids.

And even if it was accurate Sakurai has no obligation to make them yet. They could easily replace the Chorus Kids with a more iconic choice at this point.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
That character emblem says "rhythm". If it was really the Chorus kids it would have said "chorusmen" or "chorus_men". It's just as much proof for Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl and the rest as it is for Chorus Kids.
Yes, but the fact of the matter is that a Rhythm Heaven character was confirmed to be in consideration at one point and the Gematsu leaker predicted just that, among many other accurate character predictions to back up that credibility. Chorus Kids were mentioned by name prior to any indication of a RH rep, which sets them apart from Karate Joe and friends. Is it really a coincidence that he predicted that a character from the series would be included after already flawlessly (aside from characters he didn't mention) predicting the rest of the newcomers?

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yes, but the fact of the matter is that a Rhythm Heaven character was confirmed to be in consideration at one point and the Gematsu leaker predicted just that, among many other accurate character predictions to back up that credibility. Chorus Kids were mentioned by name prior to any indication of a RH rep, which sets them apart from Karate Joe and friends. Is it really a coincidence that he predicted that a character from the series would be included after already flawlessly (aside from characters he didn't mention) predicting the rest of the newcomers?
Not trying to add flames to the fire, but it is apparent that what ever source he had for the newcomers that it was fairly early on. It was missing a few newcomers and had a few errors (Chrom & Chorus Kids though we know Chrom was a placeholder/once considered and Chorus Men were also probably considered as well.) It could always be similar to how Chrom was a placeholder for a new FE rep, but I don't think it is worth it to fight over. We have no way of knowing what happens till it actually happens or is mentioned by the developers. The file name is ambiguous but it is clear some Rhythm Heaven character was thrown around and the Chorus kids were mentioned at least once. I am not a fan of the Chorus men but you guys probably got a good chance (especially with your fan base and the previously mentioned file and leak) so good for you. Good luck.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'll definitely be lending some support to an RH character in my future voting, though most of my effort will be focused on Toad.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I found out about the Chorus Kids because of the leak, so? I don't care about the popularity levels of the other RH characters, the series is relatively obscure I doubt it makes a difference which one beats the other anyway.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Just voted for them. Hope they make it in - especially if they summon other characters for their attacks and work off a rhythm system. Yay for unique characters!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Regardless of which Rhythm Heaven character makes it in, I think the demand for all the characters from the series will be nothing but beneficial for our fairly obscure franchise. Who knows, if a RH character's appearance in Smash boosts the popularity of the Rhythm Heaven games and more sequels spawn, we could see even more representatives down the line in Smash 5. Look at what happened to Fire Emblem after Melee.

Chorus Kids supporters, Karate Joe supporters- we all share the love of our silly musical franchise. What's important is that we make our demand be heard.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I got Rhythm Paradise DS and Beat the Beat! Rhythm Paradise Wii today for under a tenner!

Much hype, very excite~ >w<

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Regardless of which Rhythm Heaven character makes it in, I think the demand for all the characters from the series will be nothing but beneficial for our fairly obscure franchise. Who knows, if a RH character's appearance in Smash boosts the popularity of the Rhythm Heaven games and more sequels spawn, we could see even more representatives down the line in Smash 5. Look at what happened to Fire Emblem after Melee.

Chorus Kids supporters, Karate Joe supporters- we all share the love of our silly musical franchise. What's important is that we make our demand be heard.
exactly if theres enough support they may consider finishing that rhythm paradise character they find the symbol for

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace

And even if it was accurate Sakurai has no obligation to make them yet. They could easily replace the Chorus Kids with a more iconic choice at this point.
None of the characters in Rhythm Heaven are "iconic," especially to the wider video game and even Nintendo audience... BUT at this point in time, the Chorus Kids are undoubtedly the most popular, which is a huge factor in which of the characters, if any, get chosen as DLC. Yes, their popularity is most definitely in large part due to the Gematsu Leak, but even before that Glee Club was the most popular mini game in the best selling entry in the series, which was the DS version. Most people who wanted a RH character never thought of them before the leak mostly because they're three characters rather than one and they don't look like fighters, but in retrospect they absolutely make the most sense as representatives of the series. More so than Karate Joe, Wrestler, Rhythm Girl or any of the other characters. They represent the game flawlessly.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that all the Gematsu leak did was expose people to the ingenious idea of the kids being the Rhythm Heaven reps in Smash. It doesn't matter that most people didn't think of them before the leak, because NOW people genuinely want these characters in Smash and don't give a crap about the leak anymore because it became irrelevant the moment the roster was revealed.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I got Rhythm Paradise DS and Beat the Beat! Rhythm Paradise Wii today for under a tenner!

Much hype, very excite~ >w<
Did you play them yet?

Did you play them yet?

Did you play them yet?

...Did you beat them yet?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Be sure to be prepared for the minigames that'll be thrown at you, different types of rhythm are done with each one.
Start with the DS version, it's by far the easiest out of the two.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Really surprised I haven't posted here yet. Chorus Kids are by far my most wanted character. I loved playing the Rhythm Heaven DS game when it came out, and the Gematsu leak made me obsessed with these little guys (not necessarily bandwagoning, I guess it just made me realize their potential). Became really sad when they weren't in, and as soon as the ballot was announced I rushed to vote for them. I frequently post about them, draw art and make concepts of them, yadda yadda. Anyone from the leaks group can probably back up my claims.

If you'd be so kind, I'd like to be part of the choir. :p

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
From the Trailer of Rhythm Heaven Plus. I want them to Fight like this now.
Screenshot 2015-04-04 21.37.27.png

Also I have a gut feeling that The Trio would be announced with the Release of the new game in June

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
None of the characters in Rhythm Heaven are "iconic," especially to the wider video game and even Nintendo audience... BUT at this point in time, the Chorus Kids are undoubtedly the most popular, which is a huge factor in which of the characters, if any, get chosen as DLC. Yes, their popularity is most definitely in large part due to the Gematsu Leak, but even before that Glee Club was the most popular mini game in the best selling entry in the series, which was the DS version. Most people who wanted a RH character never thought of them before the leak mostly because they're three characters rather than one and they don't look like fighters, but in retrospect they absolutely make the most sense as representatives of the series. More so than Karate Joe, Wrestler, Rhythm Girl or any of the other characters. They represent the game flawlessly.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that all the Gematsu leak did was expose people to the ingenious idea of the kids being the Rhythm Heaven reps in Smash. It doesn't matter that most people didn't think of them before the leak, because NOW people genuinely want these characters in Smash and don't give a crap about the leak anymore because it became irrelevant the moment the roster was revealed.
I never wanted the Chorus Kids before the leak, and I do not want them after the leak. They are but a second-stringer compared to Karate Joe.

Hell, even the Clappy Trio appeared in more games than them (with one of them serving as their director and ON THE COVER WITH THEM, TOO). They would be a better character choice for that reason. Plus, they're music based.

But at least Karate Joe has appeared in pretty much his original form throughout the series with only minor changes. This should say a lot about how much more iconic he is than all the rest. Plus, Karate Man (GBA) was the first minigame referenced in the first trailer for The Best+.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I never wanted the Chorus Kids before the leak, and I do not want them after the leak. They are but a second-stringer compared to Karate Joe.
Who cares what you want? I never said anything about what you want. I said that the majority of people that want a RH rep want the Chorus Kids. I'm sorry you can't handle that.

Hell, even the Clappy Trio appeared in more games than them (with one of them serving as their director and ON THE COVER WITH THEM, TOO). They would be a better character choice for that reason. Plus, they're music based.

But at least Karate Joe has appeared in pretty much his original form throughout the series with only minor changes. This should say a lot about how much more iconic he is than all the rest. Plus, Karate Man (GBA) was the first minigame referenced in the first trailer for The Best+.

Go to Google Images and search "Rhythm Heaven"

There's nothing else I need to add to that lol.

Also, I don't know why you keep using that word "iconic" when none of the Rhythm Heaven characters are iconic. In fact, whoever makes it into Smash as playable (if any of them do) will be the first that comes close to being iconic.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
From the Trailer of Rhythm Heaven Plus. I want them to Fight like this now.
View attachment 45962

Also I have a gut feeling that The Trio would be announced with the Release of the new game in June
Me too. They've been silent about R. Heaven being released in the US, and E3 would be a perfect time to announce it.

I feel their series is next in line for a playable representation. It of course helps that I found an emblem reference to rhythm in the Wii U game files. I think they were worked on during development, so it makes sense to finish them as DLC.

Here's my prediction:

E3: Wolf and Chorus Kids announced.
Mewtwo -> April
Lucas -> June
Wolf -> August
Chorus Kids -> October (Ballots close)
1st Ballot Character -> December
2nd Ballot Character -> March

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Yes, their popularity is most definitely in large part due to the Gematsu Leak, but even before that Glee Club was the most popular mini game in the best selling entry in the series, which was the DS version. Most people who wanted a RH character never thought of them before the leak mostly because they're three characters rather than one and they don't look like fighters, but in retrospect they absolutely make the most sense as representatives of the series. More so than Karate Joe, Wrestler, Rhythm Girl or any of the other characters. They represent the game flawlessly.

This is a great summation of what I was trying to convey. I often hear a lot of "nobody wanted Chorus Kids prior to Gematsu" as if it's some kind of argument against their inclusion.
Really surprised I haven't posted here yet. Chorus Kids are by far my most wanted character. I loved playing the Rhythm Heaven DS game when it came out, and the Gematsu leak made me obsessed with these little guys (not necessarily bandwagoning, I guess it just made me realize their potential). Became really sad when they weren't in, and as soon as the ballot was announced I rushed to vote for them. I frequently post about them, draw art and make concepts of them, yadda yadda. Anyone from the leaks group can probably back up my claims.
Welcome friend! I've definitely been in the same boat as you- the Chorus Kids have been my most wanted character for a long time now and it's so uplifting to see that there is a very strong chance of them making it in at this point. If you're interested in sharing your art and concepts ideas, I'd love to include them in the OP to help spread the love of the Kids! ;w; I need to update the OP a bit anyway.

By the way, I love your avatar. Very cute. ;3

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Who cares what you want? I never said anything about what you want. I said that the majority of people that want a RH rep want the Chorus Kids. I'm sorry you can't handle that.

Go to Google Images and search "Rhythm Heaven"

There's nothing else I need to add to that lol.

Also, I don't know why you keep using that word "iconic" when none of the Rhythm Heaven characters are iconic. In fact, whoever makes it into Smash as playable (if any of them do) will be the first that comes close to being iconic.
This & This for the DS & This for Fever for the Japan side for those who are curious. It really is between the chorus men, Marshal, Karate Joe, (and I am holding out for Rhythm Girl.) I'd say they are close to iconic along with the reporter and the wrestler, the monkeys, etc. also being iconic but not really the 'face of rhythm heaven' like the others. These four characters are all used on the covers and on adverts and we will be truly blessed to get any of them. I understand the frustration that some fans of the chorus men are just hopping on the band wagon, but you have to remember before the leak any rhythm heaven supporter was scoffed at. This is the closest we have gotten to a character and it might just be who eventually makes it in. Not much you can do about it on a thread full of Chorus Men supporters though, Quillion Quillion . Might have to eventually accept them if they make the cut (Still holding out for my faves though.)

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I was feeling the urge to make something on the computer, so I hopped on and made this.

And here is a version of just the "render" (Its actually just a digital painting if it wasn't obvious)

Now I'm nowhere near as talented as Omni, but it's something. Also, uh, ignore the rightmost Chorus Kid. I tried to make it look as if he was exhausted from singing loudly, but it looks more like hes staring at an off-screen cheeseburger...

Anyway, here's a little collage the other stuff I've made since joining. (Some of it is weird/sad, just saying...)

Also heres a few flipnote animations I've done. Not related to Chorus Kids, but who knows, maybe I'll make a mock up trailer one day.

I also made Roster Maker icons once upon a time.

Anyway, now I'm all caught up here. Enjoy the stuff I posted and happy Easter everyone. :)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I was feeling the urge to make something on the computer, so I hopped on and made this.

That's incredible, I love it! I actually recall seeing some of your art from a while back. Your drawing of the Chorus Kid sobbing in the spotlight gave me inspiration to draw this a couple months ago:

Quillion

Smash Hero
This & This for the DS & This for Fever for the Japan side for those who are curious. It really is between the chorus men, Marshal, Karate Joe, (and I am holding out for Rhythm Girl.) I'd say they are close to iconic along with the reporter and the wrestler, the monkeys, etc. also being iconic but not really the 'face of rhythm heaven' like the others. These four characters are all used on the covers and on adverts and we will be truly blessed to get any of them. I understand the frustration that some fans of the chorus men are just hopping on the band wagon, but you have to remember before the leak any rhythm heaven supporter was scoffed at. This is the closest we have gotten to a character and it might just be who eventually makes it in. Not much you can do about it on a thread full of Chorus Men supporters though, Quillion Quillion . Might have to eventually accept them if they make the cut (Still holding out for my faves though.)
I'd be pissed if Chorus Kids were THE Rhythm Heaven character. They've only held mascot status for one game, or two if count Marshal for Fever, but none of them aren't even retaining mascot status for The Best+.

Sadly for you guys, The Best+ has a new mascot, named Tebiri:

And the Chorus Kids aren't treated as anything more than "another minigame" in this iteration.

The only way I'd accept them is if they were A Rhythm Heaven character instead of THE one, alongside an actual series staple like Karate Joe, the Wandering Samurai, or maybe even a Clapper (from the Clappy Trio)).

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I'd be pissed if Chorus Kids were THE Rhythm Heaven character. They've only held mascot status for one game, or two if count Marshal for Fever, but none of them aren't even retaining mascot status for The Best+.

Sadly for you guys, The Best+ has a new mascot, named Tebiri:

And the Chorus Kids aren't treated as anything more than "another minigame" in this iteration.

The only way I'd accept them is if they were A Rhythm Heaven character instead of THE one, alongside an actual series staple like Karate Joe, the Wandering Samurai, or maybe even a Clapper (from the Clappy Trio)).
Just saw the new trailer of Rhythm Heaven and was wondering who this was....
Ugh I hate-love the fact that they change the mascot every game, I mean for the game on its own its cool but it makes it harder to pick a rep for smash.
I loved Marshal in the last game... welp I hope I like this one too.

I dont really like the idea of Chorus Kids as a character in Smash UNLESS they kind of worked like Duck Hunt or Olimar, because if each one has a different AI there is no way in hell they are getting in, the Ice Climbers didn't work so I doub't this will, if there wasn't a 3DS version I would be ok with this but right now I feel like its impossible (and probably why they weren't included in the end IF they were considered)

I think so far the votes for a RH rep are divided in Chorus Kids, Marshal, Karate Joe and maybe Rhythm Girl (or a monkey?) which is making it harder for a single rep to make it further in the list as this small fanbase is divided. But since we are putting which game the character comes from in the ballot, they'll probably see the many votes this franchise has as a whole and might consider putting one of the characters (I think that they'll end up making this strange pink panda thingy the rep at the end to promote the game).

Welp I guess my dreams of Marshal in the game are over with this Mascot lol, I'll still vote for him so the votes for the franchise increase (and start putting "Rhythm Heaven" in the game slot rather than "Rhythm Heaven Fever") because to be honest, I can't think of another character to represent the series, Chorus Kids are too many, but are still being used in ads, they appear a lot in the latest trailer, so they still have a chance, Karate Joe deserves it, yes, but to me he looks too bland, idk, but if he gets in he deserves it and its ok, Rhythm Girl is blander than Karate Joe and this new mascot is too new so I have no attachment to it, so I'll keep voting on Marshal.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The only logical way to please everyone would just be add them all!
No but really with the new game making it clear Marshal isn't coming back (The new mascot reminds me a bit of the clappy trio actually) then we are left with a battle between Seniority VS Popularity. I wish there was just one simple character outside of the minigames that has been around from the beginning that most of us can agree on and who can act as a summons type character referencing all of the top choices/the rest of the series. Only thing that comes to mind is the Barista Dog... Rhythm Heaven is a difficult series because of its mostly interchangeable cast.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
The only logical way to please everyone would just be add them all!
No but really with the new game making it clear Marshal isn't coming back (The new mascot reminds me a bit of the clappy trio actually) then we are left with a battle between Seniority VS Popularity. I wish there was just one simple character outside of the minigames that has been around from the beginning that most of us can agree on and who can act as a summons type character referencing all of the top choices/the rest of the series. Only thing that comes to mind is the Barista Dog... Rhythm Heaven is a difficult series because of its mostly interchangeable cast.
That's funny, when I saw the new mascot and thought for attacks for him in smash the first one that came to mind was a "Clappy Trio Clap attack" lol he does look similar.
But its hard to pick just one character with this new mascot, who will probably get replaced in the next game and so on.
Maybe if they use the new mascot in smash though, they'll let him become the permanent mascot of the series.

Anyways I'll just keep voting for Rhythm Heaven, I hope we get a rep for the game, I don't care if its Karate Joe or Marshal or the New Mascot

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'll just say that any Rhythm Heaven character is a good character to me.

D

Deleted member

That character emblem says "rhythm". If it was really the Chorus kids it would have said "chorusmen" or "chorus_men".
That isn't true in the slightest.
The emblem says "rhythm" because it's the emblem for the Rhythm Heaven/Tengoku series.
Just like the F-Zero emblem doesn't say "captain_falcon", it says "fzero".

Series emblems are named after the series for a reason.

I'm disappointed in you guys for making it have to be me that addresses this point.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Are any of the other viable Rhythm Heaven representatives (Karate Joe etc.) more than just "another minigame" in RH 3DS though? It's significant enough that Glee Club was one of the select Rhythm Heaven DS minigames to return.

Most of your arguments do nothing more than level out the playing field rather than debunk the Chorus Kids, and even then they still have an edge given the fact that they were more than likely already considered with the evidence we've been presented and have the popularity to back it up.

You're also blindly going off how "iconic" a character is alone; you have to also take into consideration how well the character would portray the concept, especially with an oddball series like Rhythm Heaven where there is no set in stone main character.
I dont really like the idea of Chorus Kids as a character in Smash UNLESS they kind of worked like Duck Hunt or Olimar, because if each one has a different AI there is no way in hell they are getting in, the Ice Climbers didn't work so I doub't this will, if there wasn't a 3DS version I would be ok with this but right now I feel like its impossible (and probably why they weren't included in the end IF they were considered
This is exactly how I've always imagined them working. A group character does not necessarily warrant a separate AI, Duck Hunt, Olimar, and Rosalina being an indicator of that. I can see the Kids huddling up in a triangle formation for their idle stance as one hurtbox, running in a line for their run, and visually separating during attacks to give the illusion of three characters, when in actuality it's one. Think Rosalina and Luma if Luma could not be separated or be killed.

This is actually quite a common fallacy argument against the Chorus Kids, so I just might do a little writeup regarding it in the OP. (which, by the way, I've recently updated and cleaned up! Check it out. I plan to add some more stuff. :))

Top Bottom