• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's a good chance. Though I think that'd be rather boring.

Though no more so than a plain ol' gear.

D

Deleted member

Because robots, apparently.
I mean, since they are just pulling stuff from the Classic Mega Man games, why not use Mega Man's helmet?
Exactly.
It'd almost be like giving Sonic the symbol of a shoe because he runs fast instead of the established Sonic head.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I feel like the symbol would be the cloud that appears in the logo.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Together now; WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We nearly did get a Rhythm Heaven character, and it was the one from the Gematsu leak? That's too much... I can't handle this.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
They could use that musical note with the face from the DS game for a symbol.
I always thought a musical note would be the most appropriate emblem. Rhythm Heaven's all about music, so what better way to represent the series!

Together now; WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We nearly did get a Rhythm Heaven character, and it was the one from the Gematsu leak? That's too much... I can't handle this.
On one hand, it's incredibly heartbreaking to acknowledge that we were just arm's length away from getting our Rhythm Heaven rep.. it's certainly better than being left in the dark though, that was driving me insane.. However, on the other hand... DLC IS A THING! This is huge. I really do hope that Sakurai's team completes most of the cut/time restricted characters and implements them throughout Smash 4's lifespan in a similar manner to what they're doing with Mario Kart 8.

Also, something rather significant I wanted to inform you all of - I have recently come in contact with @Louie G. ! He wanted you all to know that he is alright and it's a possibility that he will be returning eventually. Oh, and he knows of all the recent news and is just as hyped as we are! Thought I'd fill everyone in.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Wait how did you get in contact with Louie G.?
I miss him so much man.
It was through sheer coincide on YouTube, actually.. I had no idea it was even him until he mentioned this thread. I'm not entirely sure of the reasoning behind his absence.. it's "complicated", apparently. I really do hope he returns soon..

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I remember there was a "leak" a while ago of supposedly scrapped series emblems. The Rhythm Heaven one was a bowtie.

It was literally two triangles side by side. A for effort, E for execution.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Maybe they cut the Chorus Kids because they couldn't think of a suitable character emblem for them...

I'm kidding. If they came up with one for Mega Man, they could have found something for Rhythm Heaven, I'm sure of it.

Joking aside, I heard recently that the Rhythm Heaven games haven't sold well outside of Japan, which might suggest why Rhythm Heaven 3DS was in the recent Direct for Japan but not anywhere else. I hope this doesn't mean that the new game will be Japan-only.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Rhythm Heaven DS was pretty successful in the west. Rhythm Heaven Fever wasn't, but it came out when the Wii pretty much died.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Here's a shoddy doodle I drew up in class today that I thought I might share.

I'm considering fixing it up and completing the rest of the moveset later on, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I'm considering fixing it up and completing the rest of the moveset later on, if anyone is interested.
This is super adorable! I would absolutely play with these guys if they had a moveset like this!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
This is super adorable! I would absolutely play with these guys if they had a moveset like this!
Thank you! c; I'm sprawling with moveset ideas for the Kids because they truly have a TON of potential with all the Rhythm Heaven minigames that can be pulled for their attacks. I personally picture them operating in a similar fashion to Mr. Game and Watch with all the objects he utilizes, in addition to some rhythm mechanics in their smash attacks and specials.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision

I love that every move is named after RH's mini games. : )

Last edited:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see what else you come up with. :D

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I honestly think the intended character for a RH rep is Marshall, not the 3 chorus men.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I honestly think the intended character for a RH rep is Marshall, not the 3 chorus men.
I don't think so. Mainly because on the Wii U, Marshal's "trophy" is actually just one for his entire trio. I think they see both the Kids and Marshal/Cam/Ribbon as trios, hence why even the latter's trophy refers to them as a trio "similar to the Chorus Kids."

There's really nothing saying that it was Marshal.

D

Deleted member

I don't think so. Mainly because on the Wii U, Marshal's "trophy" is actually just one for his entire trio. I think they see both the Kids and Marshal/Cam/Ribbon as trios, hence why even the latter's trophy refers to them as a trio "similar to the Chorus Kids."

There's really nothing saying that it was Marshal.
The fact that the Chorus Kids were even mentioned is rather suspect. At least to me.
I mean, why feel the need to note the similarity?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fact that the Chorus Kids were even mentioned is rather suspect. At least to me.
I mean, why feel the need to note the similarity?
That too. Like, it seemed outta nowhere to praise them on that trophy...unless there was something we weren't supposed to know, haha.

D

Deleted member

BTW, not sure if it was posted here yet (probably was), but I thought you guys might appreciate this:

NOTE: It's fanmade, no one jump to any conclusions.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd say at this point getting a RH character isn't a question of if but a question of when.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I'd say at this point getting a RH character isn't a question of if but a question of when.
I couldn't agree more. Whether it means through planned DLC, to be decided upon DLC, (influenced by Rhythm Heaven 3DS) or worst case scenario.. Smash 5, I feel strongly that we will be getting one at this point.
I actually never realized until now how odd it was that the Chorus Kids were alluded to in that trophy, especially considering their trophy isn't even in the Wii U version. Perhaps the trophy was written while the Chorus Kids were still in development as a playable character and was never revised..? That might be unlikely, but it's odd nonetheless.
BTW, not sure if it was posted here yet (probably was), but I thought you guys might appreciate this:
NOTE: It's fanmade, no one jump to any conclusions.
Heh, I actually made this video and shared it here a while back. On a somewhat related note, I'm currently working on a sort of Chorus Kids tribute remix of Fever's Remix 10 theme. I'll be sure to post it here once it's complete. c;

D

Deleted member

Heh, I actually made this video and shared it here a while back. On a somewhat related note, I'm currently working on a sort of Chorus Kids tribute remix of Fever's Remix 10 theme. I'll be sure to post it here once it's complete. c;
Ah, nice.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
In celebration (looking at the situation in an optimistic way) of the Rhythm Heaven emblem, I present to you all..

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Do you just like work for Sakurai or something?

That was godly.
Looks like I've been found out. :troll:

Hah, I wish. If I worked for Sakurai there'd be a plethora of Rhythm Heaven songs jammed into the game. Thanks by the way!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just curious, catching up with the news and all as I have now, why do we think Sakurai chose the Chorus Kids out of any hypothetical Rhythm Heaven character?

Is there anything that sets them apart in the series or are they just cute and fun mascots that seem like they'd work well in Smash?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just curious, catching up with the news and all as I have now, why do we think Sakurai chose the Chorus Kids out of any hypothetical Rhythm Heaven character?

Is there anything that sets them apart in the series or are they just cute and fun mascots that seem like they'd work well in Smash?
I think it's due to a few things. For one, three characters as a trio can better exemplify the rhythm keeping aspect. Additionally, they're singers, so the concept of a musical character comes more easily to them in a way. They're also on the 3DS cover, which I BELIEVE is the best selling one internationally, since apparently Fever didn't sell as well in the US.

And Beyonce likes them.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
To be fair, no one really thought seriously about them before Gematsu. Wrestler was the most supported character until that happened.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wrestler & Reporter are my favourites, but I think the Kiddies have the most potential.

I'm honestly surprised Rhythm Heaven has yet to appear in Smash in playable form.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Wrestler & Reporter are my favourites, but I think the Kiddies have the most potential.

I'm honestly surprised Rhythm Heaven has yet to appear in Smash in playable form.
I think if Tengoku had come out sooner (August 3rd, 2006), it might have had a better shot at being in Brawl.

Although I'm not entirely certain when development started, Sakurai was apparently unaware of the project until after E3 2005. I really do think we'll see someone playable as either DLC or in the next game, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom