• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

choose Roy over Marth? are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tera253

Smash Ace
what made you do it?
Roy, the mid-low tier character withquite the subpar recovery, who acks an areial game that Marth has. Marth, the top tier ZOMFG-everyone-uses-him-even-Ken character that is so broen it hurts to tread on it. (okay, high tier. zip it)
simlar movesets, ENTIRELY different characters. what made you choose the subpar of the two?
for Tera, it was just that. EVERYONE is Marth. Tera's ittle 4-year-old brother is Marth, and he beat a level 9 the other day w/o items. (of course, there was a lot of luck involved)
Tera wanted to prove that Roy can pwn Marth, and can do it in a few cases. (of course, she's not pro or anything... yet...)
so, what about you?
~Tera253~

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
what made you do it?
Roy, the mid-low tier character withquite the subpar recovery, who acks an areial game that Marth has. Marth, the top tier ZOMFG-everyone-uses-him-even-Ken character that is so broen it hurts to tread on it. (okay, high tier. zip it)
simlar movesets, ENTIRELY different characters. what made you choose the subpar of the two?
for Tera, it was just that. EVERYONE is Marth. Tera's ittle 4-year-old brother is Marth, and he beat a level 9 the other day w/o items. (of course, there was a lot of luck involved)
Tera wanted to prove that Roy can pwn Marth, and can do it in a few cases. (of course, she's not pro or anything... yet...)
so, what about you?
~Tera253~

Your reasoning for picking Roy is very, very trite and reeks of scrubdom, Tera.

Sorry, but...prepare to be doused in a heaping glob of napalm by the other forum-goers.

>.>;

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Tera...There are 5X as many people that use Fox and Falco than Marth...Look at the tier list, not to be mean or anything, but I get offended when people say Marth is the best and the easiest and even a 4 year old can use him. Really, it is true that Marth is one of the best characters in the game, but playing him at a high level is not easy to do. But, back to the Roy topic...Before I learned about advanced techniques, I mained 2 characters...Marth and Roy. I started to like Marth better, but still thought Roy was uber cool. Then I found out about advanced techniques, and applied them to both characters...After that it's all Marth for me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I use Roy because Marth has some sort of thing against me regarding properly dashdancing and shorthopping.

Besides, Roy has a cooler crowd cheer.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Tera...There are 5X as many people that use Fox and Falco than Marth...Look at the tier list, not to be mean or anything, but I get offended when people say Marth is the best and the easiest and even a 4 year old can use him. Really, it is true that Marth is one of the best characters in the game, but playing him at a high level is not easy to do. But, back to the Roy topic...Before I learned about advanced techniques, I mained 2 characters...Marth and Roy. I started to like Marth better, but still thought Roy was uber cool. Then I found out about advanced techniques, and applied them to both characters...After that it's all Marth for me.

Tera never said that Marth was the most used character, and she is aware that Fox & Falco are by far the most used characters. it's just: just like there's 5x more Foxs/Falcos than Marths, there's about 5x more Marths then Roys.
~Tera253~

Soma

Smash Journeyman
Thats creepy... but I picked Roy for three reasons basically. I hate being floaty, I prefer Roy's sh and finally because I like using him as my low-tier character. Thats it in a nut shell, besides the fact that playing Marth makes me feel like I'm being cheap.

Zettai Kurayami

Smash Apprentice
Of course Roy can beat Marth. My friends Marth is really good but i still beat him with Roy, you just need to be smart when fighting a Marth. Plus my Roy is amazing and i need to put vids up to prove it.

The reason i chose Roy is he was my original character, his gravity is amazing, i just like playing him, and no offense to any Marth players but Marth's taunt means everybody watch me and he likes the men mucho.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i i do use mamarth,but i main roy because to many peeps use marht and roy takes more skill to play.plus fire FIRE

vZakat

Half Genie
I just played with everyone and stayed with who felt best to me. That just happened to be Roy.

And what's with refering to yourself in the third person? It's weird.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I prefer roy because marth is: WAY too floaty=not fun/harder to shffl, cheap, cheap (tip), harder to shorthop, "gay" (cheap), top-tier, "whoa, i play marth, i'm ken, i'm not a noob"-character, imo somehow harder to control than roy (roy is more stable)

I just hate marth because i can beat my friends more easily with marth than with roy thought i suck with marth and play roy much better ;p i don't like marths dtilt either nor his <>b nor his up-b, nor his hair, nor his nair....i just HATE him, understood?

*gets some pills*

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Choosing roy over marth is like choosing a butterknife over a sword, its much harder to win with but people are far more impressed.

Tera, you overhyped marth alot, way too much. You spoke like a total idiot can play marth and be good, that is not the case...thats more sheik's style. Marth is very hard to play against good opponents just like anyone else. At high level gameplay, falcos and foxes are supreme and shove marth around roughly.

Don't badmouth marth : ) He doesn't deserve it.

Only character that does is sheik.

pdk

Smash Lord
gotta love shffling that lives up to the ff part

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Marth is the reject of fire emblem he is mad gay he loses his kindom twice and he looks gay roy is so much cooler and his story is better pluse his dad is mad cool and any idiot can use marth

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Marth is good no doubt, but the only moves a marth would use the most are fsmash fair and d tilt. Roy has more possibilitys and is thus less boring.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
Marth is one of my mains but I find that Roy is sometimes just a lot more fun to play than Marth. For me, I love his quick shffl game and his combos. And while Marth's combos are typically more effective and easier to pull off, Roy's are just more fun.

thebluedeath, your sheik comment applies only up to a certain level of play. good sheiks need good mind games and speed that the total idiot typically lacks. although there might be a bit of bias in this since i also main sheik, and i might just be a total idiot :D

Corigames

Smash Hero
I use roy because I am more comfortable with him than marth. I like doing the spike combo and stuff like that that takes great skill to pull off.

Oh, and if you win, you get to say, "You were beaten by a Roy". And, he has fire.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Roy plays faster and is less gay. I'm ADD, Marth requires too much patience.

Sheik is pretty gay but anyone who is any good can beat a bad Sheik (aka learn to DI).

Marth, sorry guys, Marth is the easiest character to play in the game. No johns, hold direction press A. You can hold direction and C-stick and you're pro. Amazing combos on fastfallers are Utilt->repeat until DI->If DI is bad smash, as well as things like Grab->Whatever and his edgeguarding is gayz and also brilliantly easy. At least Sheik you have to time stuff.

Banned via Administration
Marth, sorry guys, Marth is the easiest character to play in the game. No johns, hold direction press A. You can hold direction and C-stick and you're pro. Amazing combos on fastfallers are Utilt->repeat until DI->If DI is bad smash, as well as things like Grab->Whatever and his edgeguarding is gayz and also brilliantly easy. At least Sheik you have to time stuff.
HAHAHAHAHA are you serious????????????// ARE YOU ****IGN SERIOUS/?????????????????

omfg, i know for a fact that shiek and peach are easier and i play both of those characters. you really ar ea noob arent you mancer?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
If you consider only Advanced and pro smashers, then there are more Marth players, if you consider all the casual players than there are more Roy players. Casual players love Roy, Fire + Taunt + Red Hair = Big Win.

Really though, Marth isn't that broken.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAHA are you serious????????????// ARE YOU ****IGN SERIOUS/?????????????????

omfg, i know for a fact that shiek and peach are easier and i play both of those characters. you really ar ea noob arent you mancer?
I think you can ignore this guy if he is the same technomancer that I have seen on another forum. The technomancer I know of got banned for being for being an asshat on this other forum I post on.

EDIT: Oh and to stay on topic, I don't really play Roy that much, but his sword has PHYRE! That makes him god tier all by itself.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
with marth stiye and combos and speed you don't need to have fire
Marth may have "Stiye" but roy will burn his stiye with his phire.

Fighting a roy vs. marth is fighting a butter knife vs. a sword. A flaming butterknife.
EDIT: Marth wears a Tiara so he must be transsexual. Who wants to play a Transsexual marth when you could play a Heterosexual Roy WITH fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom