• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chip I think this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Does nobody find this thread helpful?
It's kinda...old.

But bombs are immensely helpful. On a large stage, you could do this for as long as you want and it'll be *almost* as gay as Fox using Short hop double laser while retreating (you can DI as you laser in Melee btw).

Like I said *almost* as gay, since you don't have a ridiculous Usmash.

TheFast

Smash Lord
It's kinda...old.

But bombs are immensely helpful. On a large stage, you could do this for as long as you want and it'll be *almost* as gay as Fox using Short hop double laser while retreating (you can DI as you laser in Melee btw).

Like I said *almost* as gay, since you don't have a ridiculous Usmash.
I don't think there is any comparisons to Melee Fox and Toon Link :psycho:

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Quick question:

Can TL glide toss? I think I played someone who could, but it could be just someone else.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I want you to add somthing to your effectiveness list under Wolf. Bombs are somewhat effective against him, thoguh I probably wouldnt give it a ranking over 5 but thats not my point. If you have a Wold that is Reflecter Camping then throw your bomb at Wolf head. Make sure the arc from ur hand ends on Wolf's head. I found out that the bomb cant be reflected if thrown there about a week ago from curiocity.

P.S This is an awsome thread the will HELP me GREATLY and THANK YOU! I must shake your hand in thanks. ^^' yeah, Hyrulian Royalty just found out why my name was Bomber7 yesterday, his post was funny. but yeah thanks. I'll be tuning in from time to time to see what you have updated.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You throw a bomb in front of Wolf if you want to hit him.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I guess that would work to but if you want to catch him off guard due to "confidence" its just another way you can do it.

Hopefully next tourny I'll do better. If only I would have switched to PT when Cyphus brought out his Kirby, I could have won then had a second chance to beat him as TL if he would have switched to DK.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Catch them off guard?
No, I mean throw it so it explodes in front of them without hitting their reflector.
The explosion hits them.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah yeah. I got that. Sorry if I sounded like I didnt understand. I'm just simply adding another option incase others dont find that easy. Just adding some friendly advice thats all. but now that you mentioned that other option I'll try that this weekend if I face my friend who plays as wolf.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I think wolf would be around a 3 because his side-b, reflector and up-air all pose problems for bombs and arrows would keep you out of the range of his blaster. Only time you would want to use bombs is to throw in front of him if he trys to reflector camp the arrows. Does this seem like a fair rating of wolf?

And Toon Link's glide toss is pathetic. You will be way better off bombing from the air.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok so I need help. I remeber seeing a video somewhere explaining how to attack while holding a bomb. Well just a few minutes ago I did that with a bomb in hand and performed Toon Link's down air. I just need so clarification as to how to do it.

All I remeber seeing was you press Z + A simaltainiusly and you should do what ever A attack you want. I could be wrong with saying that because I keep trying it and it doesnt work. so I need some clarification on this. (I did the down air on Training mode).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
that probably explains me doing that, but can you explain how you can use the other A attacks while holding a bomb?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Drop the bomb with Z and use an Airial when close to the bomb to catch it.
Or you could catch it and then do the airial.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well, now i got that covered I just want to learn specifically how to attack with my A moves while holding a bomb. This will definatley help me with my bombing style cuz aparently lots of people who I faced and watched me consider my style one big mind game. lol.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
i think the only a moves you can do are aerials (like sasuke said) or your f-smash and you do that by holding a while your doing a move (like a roll maybe) so you dont throw the bomb and then c-stick foward

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That foreward smash thing was what I remeber seeing. LOL this sucks If i could remeber the thread, maybe I could show yall the link and yall could watch the vid and see for yourself cuz someone took a combo vid and put it under their name. they showed that you could use f-smash with a bomb in hand.

I'm gona go look for it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The only ground move you can use is and F-smash when holding a bomb.
Maybe its possible to do other smashes.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
nope cant find it -.- but Sauske, you sound like you know, how to do it, also I'm gona need to know how to do that and throw gliding or what ever it is its called then you glide when you throw an item.

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
To f-smash while holding a bomb, just hold A while pulling out the bomb and use the c stick to initiate the f-smash. This is the only non aerial move that you can do while holding a bomb. TL's glide toss sucks, just forget about learning it.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
How do you do a jump cancel throw?

Also, in the bombing strategy in the first post, what does he mean by "Pull a bomb out and then full hopping and fast falling when you actually see it?" Wouldn't you be on the ground still when you are pulling the bomb out cause I don't think you can jump after initiating the bomb command... And then he goes on saying that I should land when I finish pulling the bomb and and I then throw it at the peak of my jump... What happened to jumping between landing??? I'm kind of confused...

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
I agree with demonic, I have no clue what's going on in the OP. I think I know what he's talking about, but just did a terrible job explaining it.

I can however, answer your question. To do a jump canceled bomb throw, dash in one direction, and roll the analog stick up in one fluid motion. Just as input the jump, move the c stick left or right, and you will keep sliding while throwing your bomb. Keep trying until you get it right (they all have to be done pretty quickly). You will notice a difference when you do it right.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I agree with demonic, I have no clue what's going on in the OP. I think I know what he's talking about, but just did a terrible job explaining it.

I can however, answer your question. To do a jump canceled bomb throw, dash in one direction, and roll the analog stick up in one fluid motion. Just as input the jump, move the c stick left or right, and you will keep sliding while throwing your bomb. Keep trying until you get it right (they all have to be done pretty quickly). You will notice a difference when you do it right.
K, Thanks for the definition! XD

I still hope that the FastYouWish will do a better job explaining cause I personally needed help on Bomb technics and how to make a barrage of them being thrown. When I read the first page, I got a head ache from attempts of understanding what he was trying to explain... I don't know how everyone else understands but I truly have no idea...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
If I'm reading it correctly:

Pull bomb
Full hop throw bomb whatever direction.
Fastfall w/ Down+B
You'll complete the bomb pulling animation as you land
Repeat, add DI variations for retreating/approaching like this.

Camp like a *****. ^^

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
Ohh ok. i thought it was more like
pull bomb
jump
toss bomb wherever
second jump
pull bomb while jumping
throw bomb wherever
fast fall and pull bomb
repeat

IDK the OP gives me a headache

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
nope cant find it -.- but Sauske, you sound like you know, how to do it, also I'm gona need to know how to do that and throw gliding or what ever it is its called then you glide when you throw an item.
you mean glide tossing?
its pretty much pointless to do with toon link because the distance he goes is so smal its almost unnoticiable.
but to do it you need to c-stick in whatever you direction you want to throw the item right after you iniate a roll

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Do the TL glide toss.
The big picture isn't about the sliding distance, it's about throwing the bomb with less lag.
The stupid running bomb-throw animation takes forever to end.
And you can do one of those turn-around-bomb-throw things and gain a little distance for less punishment.

TheFast

Smash Lord
How do you do a jump cancel throw?

Also, in the bombing strategy in the first post, what does he mean by "Pull a bomb out and then full hopping and fast falling when you actually see it?" Wouldn't you be on the ground still when you are pulling the bomb out cause I don't think you can jump after initiating the bomb command... And then he goes on saying that I should land when I finish pulling the bomb and and I then throw it at the peak of my jump... What happened to jumping between landing??? I'm kind of confused...
Ill reword it to make it more clear >.<

To f-smash while holding a bomb, just hold A while pulling out the bomb and use the c stick to initiate the f-smash. This is the only non aerial move that you can do while holding a bomb. TL's glide toss sucks, just forget about learning it.
Ill add stuff about the Forward Smash with a bomb.

TheFast

Smash Lord
The only reason I can find for the jump cancel bomb is to catch them off guard with a down-air if they do get underneath you.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
blah glide toss same thing.
you guys know what i mean.
i thought you were talking about two different things

1. glide toss

2. when you run and jump but before you jump you throw the bomb backwards

but you was talking about one thing