• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chip I think this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Okay I'll clear it up.

I mean the JC throw.
And the JC throw where you run and throw in the other direction(and slide a lil forward).

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
The only reason I can find for the jump cancel bomb is to catch them off guard with a down-air if they do get underneath you.
A quick FYI, jump canceled bombs don't put you in the air. That's why you're canceling the jump with a bomb throw. You would need to do another jump to dair them...

A JC throw allows you to keep your dash momentum in whatever direction while throwing a bomb, causing you to slide.

TheFast

Smash Lord
A quick FYI, jump canceled bombs don't put you in the air. That's why you're canceling the jump with a bomb throw. You would need to do another jump to dair them...

A JC throw allows you to keep your dash momentum in whatever direction while throwing a bomb, causing you to slide.
If you jump then hit z and quickly hit down air you do a down air and catch your bomb. I don't get what you are trying to say:confused:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
a jump cancel is where you cancel your jump before you actually jump the only way to cancel it is by up smash, up B, grab, and the item throw. to be airborne you wouldnt jump cancel you'd just jump and then do what you said

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
Kinda random but this thread has 1337 views. haha.

toondiddy is correct, what you are talking about is not a jump canceled throw.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yet i'm not a toon link mainer (nor user, i don't like character with timing based ATs >.<) but i love bombing to hell when playing random. I didn't read much of this thread (or this board xD) cus of what i just said so you may know most of it.

-Z dropping as landing then dair winding the bomb towards your opponent is fun as HELL, i love to see people panic when i do that ^.^
-Airdodge + a while holding the bomb = zairing with bomb. Too good ^.^I don't know if it's... known, i didn't ever seen anyone doing this.
-'bout the smash with item stuff, if you forgot to maintain A button, you can input any b move then A during frames that don't allow you to throw items (zairing with bomb works too)
-TL's glide tosses are almost inexistants but his jump canceled throws are good stuff ^.^

Usefull ?

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
That is a great tip but slightly confusing XD I think I already do this but is there a video? Because I though I could SHDA until I saw I video on that, and now that is fixed! :) Now I can fix this!

TheFast

Smash Lord
I was watching some Toon Link tourney videos and I noticed a lot of players throwing a bomb up just over the edge when going out to edge guard and this seems like a very good idea and can even save your life ^.^
so Ill probably add it.

Also I would like to get some videos up of people bombs as a main playing style to help people get the concept of the guide, and/or videos of different Bomb AT so we don't have to keep explaining old stuff >.<

TheFast

Smash Lord
Or just send them to that one thread with some videos.
There are not other threads dedicated to teaching people the ins and outs of bombs >.< I made sure before I made this guide. So if there is they stole from me. Encase you where confused I was asking for bomb videos not combo or match videos. Ones to add a visual aspect for those who are visual learners.

I would make them myself but I have no way to get videos online.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Well the Zair while holding a bomb into a dair could be helpful and maybe something along the lines of a Bomb combo video using many different bomb techs and strategies.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Not per say a "combo video" but something similar to it. However instead of combos it will have people using bombs effectively in real matches >.<
Also the fact that you haven't seen one is all the more reason the Toon Link boards need one. If we have it we need to learn to use it to its full extent ^.^

Dark Nemesis

Smash Apprentice
a good Bomb "combo" is to throw a bomb up in the air and use USmash.
It KILLS, I TELL YOU.

Of course, this is very situational.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Not per say a "combo video" but something similar to it. However instead of combos it will have people using bombs effectively in real matches >.<
Also the fact that you haven't seen one is all the more reason the Toon Link boards need one. If we have it we need to learn to use it to its full extent ^.^
hey, I'll be willing to put up my video footage if it'l help, I'm not saying I'm Santi or VeitGeek, but I think I fair with bombs.

I tell you the truth I've been bombing for years with no knowlege of these guys. I find it a bit funny in my case, but I wasn't apart of these boards back then lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbI5T2VAjc (Toon Link)
:chuckle:

TheFast

Smash Lord
ill put it up just because people can come up with there own stuff so the more videos using bombs can bring more ideas about them. But you should learn to short hop pull one out and land as you pull it out it has less lag.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah. Iv'e been getting alot of advice like that. Thanks. I also need to work on getting back to aerial with TL.

TheFast

Smash Lord
maybe some1 will see some minor thing in your video though that they didn't know about before though you never know what people strategies will be inspired by.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Bomber7 I watched your video again and the bomb -> dash -> upsmash was nice lol I didn't notice it the first time I watched it.

EDIT: I was playing with Link in training mode and figure out 2 things
1) How to throw 2 bombs and pull another one out all in one jump time (meaning both your full jump and second jump)
2)how to make your boomerang do some weird stuff >.<

Also I added stuff to my guide and cleaned it up a bit more so read over it again and tell me anything that needs to be cleaned up, added or taken off.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Diddy would be a tuff one
I think his peanuts would be a big problem for bombs. If you where to use bombs I would use the Short Hop bomb strategy because it would force diddy above toon link which is good for toon link. I think JC bombs would play a big part in this match to. However he might be able to dash attack your bombs to catch them, but you might be able to catch him coming out of his dash then hitting him with two bombs. I think diddy would take some looking into and testing to come up with a good score.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well if you had enough time to catch diddy out of the dash with a second bomb, let me know. I think it would be easier to follow up with a boomberang. I have decent accuracy with my boomberaang, my problem is just placing it in the right place(or what I want to say is fortelling the location of my opponent to where i can hit them). Bomberaang all the way baby! woot woot!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well im sure you know boomberaang > Bomb. If it just so happens he catches the bomb, read his moves carefully and be careful to throw that boomberaang cuz when that thing leaves his hand, it's a free for all, that boomberaang should be infront of him by the time he releases it and then when it explodes in his face do what ever the hell you want with him, or run like lucas.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Ill go look on the Diddy boards >.<

EDIT: I think Ill go with 7, Diddy hump might cause problems cause it can catch you off gaurd even when your expecting it sometimes, he also has good aerial speed but JC bombs should really work well in this match up. Ill update it and a couple of others later tonight.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
mk ^^ lol I'm not trying to make you incredible I'm just speaking from years of experience.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hmmm what if we had a good Santi vid posted? As far as I know the two guys I see to beat is Santi and VietGeek. Maybe we could pull some stuff from them. I think VietG has a Bombing habbit like me. The vid Sudai showed me showed him bombing like a master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom