• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chip I think this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Same concept, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. Just remember that snake can throw his nades faster than we can throw our bombs so you would have to put that time into factor among other things.
Throw faster yes run faster no no no ',; ) but yea thx lobos.

I think if we could incorperate this into Tink's metagame a bit we might have a 100% safety stage spike might not work all the time but at least we not gonna die because of it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
There really sint much I can do until I see Hyro again. Fast, I did watch That vid you just posted which has been o nthe OP. No it is not that kind of bomb spike. It's a bomb spike with the assist of a boomerang. this week I'm kinda limited on time so I'll go hit training mode or do some matches against CPUs with unlimited time and first try stages with edges like Smashville and then go see if it workd on some of the other stages like FD.

However, Hyro, I dotn know if it takes you a long time to do those really cool tricks or what, but you make it look so easy. If you want to try your hand at it, if it will get a result faster be my guest. I'll still let you extract the vid from my wii.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You think it would work on Smashville, Santi?
....I doubt it.

Maybe the edges?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
On SV it would be more of a stage/edge spike, no? Probably wouldn't be as effective as it was in that video. =/

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It is a stage/ edge spike! =)
Doesn't it look like that??

True, might be useful against characters that like to recover under the stage, though. =D
Pit? MK?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Pit, maybe, but the rang would be a better choice imo.

MK, you'd have to time it really well and than Dair spike him, it isn't worht it. D:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why would you have to Dair spike him after hes been stage spiked? O_O
Maybe if hes at low percents... >_>

Santi

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it would still wotk on SV.
I've seen Ness' downsmash stage spike a MK on the lip on SV so I'm sure the bomb would work as well.
Also BF...

but believe it or not I haven't had the chance to test this on Dojo's MK.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. We're talking about a bomb stage spiking after all. :T

Is BF's bottom boundary deeper than SV's?

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
For that stage bomb spike, does it require the velocity for the spike to work?
Do you have to c-stick up throw it or down throw it, or can you just z-drop in time?

If so, we could try to mind game the opponent with bomb in hand and bait them into recovering closer to the stage lip, and invicibomb the crap out of them. I've seen lots of players playing by the edge, on and off, to find a way to sneak an attack on a careless opponent standing too close. We'd be the 'careless' opponent, but in this case, ready to spike. xD

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
The best thing about toons bombs are the blast radius and power tho not as powerfull as other bombs they have more chance of hitting, velocity doesnt rlly matter its the hit box that does.

So theoretically with perfect timeing you could just put the bomb on the ledge and it would explode on them prevideing that they are close/under/touching the ledge/lip and didnt stall, toons bomb should bomb stage spike.

But the angle has to right i.e the opposite side of the opp that the ledge isnt we all should know that much.

(you dont have to read the below i just rambel on)
I see this as a more of a counter move for example you've just survived an ariel battle with mk (i dont know how lets say he's close to running out of his 50 odd jumps) he hit you out but not out out as in lose a stock you where smart and didnt use your jump he has to glide or w/e back you use your jump pull your bomb time it well you should have expierence with edge hoggers where you throw the bombs at em so they dont edgehog get it right the get stage spiked and your up b gets you back safely.

or you could start a bair combo knock em flying with nair or push em with zair pull bomb throw up they come back you footstool grab bomb i think you can only z drop it but you might be able to throw the bomb down dunno not tested.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well I have come up with a theory. A bomb spike is possible(obviously) on stages like smashville. However maybe it has to be right at the edge. Think about it. I did describe it that when bomb and 'rang collided with the victim, they would go shooting down. In theory, the 'rang drew them foreward to under the ledge and when the bomb blew up, nature took it's course and vola, instant bomb spike.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
Toonlink's Glidetoss & other stuff

Hello there Im a Diddy mainer but I dabble with other characters every once in a while and I think I've discovered Glidetoss for TL(no flaming if found out already), so normally u input shield+foward analog+Foward cstick, but when I was trying to Foward short hop bomb toss with TL's bomb he glide tossed :O (WTF?) (I didn't know he could do that?) to do simply have a bomb in hand hold the direction you wanna toss in press jump and the A button at the same time, its really a Secondary universal Glidetoss Ive found, you can do with all Characters but works really well with TL and Diddy, There is no absolute sheild input just instead of pressing the shield button press jump and TL won't jump because the A button right after cancels it thus giving TL his foward Jump momentum on the ground but tossing his bomb while sliding, you can replace the A button with C-stick and throw in any directions, and another miscellaneous technique is drop 2 bombs in front of you on top of each other while those two bombs are on the ground Fsmash one time to get between them then SH or Full jump and then Dair to send both bombs in opposite directions, ENJOY :D

-A Diddy mainer-

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well I made the transfir with Hyro this morning (lol 1 am) so maybe in the next couple of days we can see that bomb spike posted on youtube from him. I almost was able to do it last night lol but my spacing was odd by a hair so my bomb was over thrown =(

I'll get it eventually I just havent been analyzing it lately cuz I've been busy. Though I'll just make it a habit to watch the vid every day and then hit training mode and try to recreate it until I finally do it.

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
Retreating JC throw bombs are so good, though it's difficult to make the bombs of my bomb spamming actually connect... however, sincei have no qualms with playing campy, i just keep throwing stuff anyway. Haha!

TheFast

Smash Lord
I have recently been studying TL and stuff. I learned alot about him.

1st I am adding a new Section.
2nd Tuesday I will be cleaning up the Whole Guide and removing alot of stuff that I have learned is just not very good.
3rd I The new section will probably outclass the rest of the guide and it will represent the more accurate uses of bombs. So I will probably state it 1st.

Please check the guide around Wensday as it will be almost completely differant.

TheFast

Smash Lord
A long time, AP testing and Finals are commign up. If somebody better at writing guides want to take it over ok. I kinda got writters block on TL's bombs anyway. Its hard to write effective strategies for using them because it depends on the situation your are in and the match-up. I think ToonDiddy should just write a little more in his projectile guide on bombs and this should be closed, I think thats the best way..... or maybe...... Ive got an idea for this guide I dont know how it will go over. Guess Chip will be the judge.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I would, but I don't think that my way of bombing is even worth putting onto a guide. I could however reorganize it, put some pictures in it and make it flashy possibly, though that's just about all you can rely on me for. I'm not a bombing master yet ^^'

TheFast

Smash Lord
A bomb guide isnt worth it. There is no way to make a truely effective one. ToonDiddy should Add a list of Bomb AT's/Tricks to his guide and diccusion of bomb strategies should be held in the Zhang-Chan Thread (spelling). This thread serves no real purpose but wasted space.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well don't give up quickly on this thread Fast. When I get some time later today or tomorrow, I'm going to read through fast's guide and think of some ideas, if you want, I'll take this thread off your hands, >.> not like one more thread would hurt to manage. I'll think of something to try and revive this. After all, I'm kinda good for making something come up from behind in a dark time lol. But give it some consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom