• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chinese Inn Monthly 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm hoping this will still be going on. I might be able to get a few people interested in coming if it is.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm hoping this will still be going on. I might be able to get a few people interested in coming if it is.
Well as far as I'm concerned it will be. Also we will need your laptop Mocha. Though still bring TvC. I can't go because I'm getting the squeeze by my parents for grades. >_> good thing I graduate in a few months.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Depending on what I'm doing this weekend, I might go to this. I'll probably bring a couple Laffy players as well.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Time permitting we will see, and there is already dibs on item doubles.
More people wanna do item doubles then regular singles???

We'll get a nola carpool if we can get reg singles confirmed instead of time permitting. So 4-5+ ppl

Bomber7

Smash Hero
why not. because of constraints on me and RJ, Nitez will be running it (so if he needs help, please do). I have no problem with secondary going to the majority vote.

Edit: Vaughn- STILL NEED LAPTOP IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW. :)

Hyro

Smash Lord
Perhaps regular doubles can be used as a means of compromise?
...compromise?? I'm confused. Is this tourney promoting item play...or discouraging what we regularly do (1v1 no items)

2v2 ain't bad...but I'm willing to bet we'd have more people who want to do singles.

But yeah if we're voting...I vote for regular 1v1 no items 5 starters mk legal no scrooging 50 LGL (basically LA rules lol)

Curlz

Smash Lord
I vote for item doubles for the side event. Honestly, this seems too fun. People need to chill and let Bomber run his own tournament.

Plus, like I said before, this is good practice for WHobo.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I vote for item doubles for the side event. Honestly, this seems too fun. People need to chill and let Bomber run his own tournament.

Plus, like I said before, this is good practice for WHobo.
We're trying to help him out. If I wanted to host a tourney where everyone HAD to use a wiimote and pick Sonic, I don't think anyone would attend. What's the point of hosting a tourney that no one attends? I can play by myself without going through the trouble.

'V'

Smash Lord
People need to chill the **** out about the items thing.

This is not your tournament. If Bomber wants to experiment with something new, then I say we should let him. Personally, I'm up for this idea and other people are too.

No one said you had to come. You really don't need to if you don't want to. I say you should at least give it a shot first. We've been playing the same old boring **** for years. A little experiment never hurt anyone.

-Ran

Smash Master
Experiment all you want, but most people aren't going to drive an hour and a half to compete in it.

'V'

Smash Lord
Then that's fine. I have a feeling Bomber doesn't care all that much anyway. It IS a casual event after all. We'll be doing things other and better than Brawl. =D

Not everything has to be 100% competitive, especially not for this kind of game of all things.

Hyro

Smash Lord
It's obvious it makes a big deal whether or not he's banned so I lifted the ban. Not like it really matters to me anyhow. My mistake for banning him.
Hmmmm

Then that's fine. I have a feeling Bomber doesn't care all that much anyway. It IS a casual event after all. We'll be doing things other and better than Brawl. =D
According to the top post...you're right, he doesn't care.

So why not turn items off? If he doesn't care and turns items off, the same people who would come with items ON will still come.

On the other hand, if he DOES leave items on...more people will come.

You can't say a TO would take 5 people coming to his tournament over 10. Unless...they cared?

'V'

Smash Lord
So why not turn items off? If he doesn't care and turns items off, the same people who would come with items ON will still come.
If they were turned off again, I wouldn't come. I'm sure Sudai wouldn't care to come anymore either. Not that he would really care either way depending on his mood, but I talked to him about this yesterday and he seemed interested.

Hyro

Smash Lord
If they were turned off again, I wouldn't come. I'm sure Sudai wouldn't care to come anymore either. Not that he would really care either way depending on his mood, but I talked to him about this yesterday and he seemed interested.
Chinese Inn Monthly #2 - 1/17/10
5: Sudai (ROB)

February Fight Fest - 2/26/10
5: V (Marth)

^^^

if you didn't come...would it be to prove a point?

'V'

Smash Lord
No. It would be because I didn't wanna go to the same type of event that we've been doing for the last I don't know how many years straight. I've been looking forward to this since it was announced. It's time this game did something different for a change.

I've already proved a point last week that character choice makes most of the difference in this game. I got 5th place in a 35-person tourney with a 2-day old Marth that was already showing better results than my Zelda, while eliminating 2 guys on our PR that I haven't even played with in months.

I honestly don't have anything left to prove.

-Ran

Smash Master
Character choice matters in every game. The key is not to be stubborn. The older the game, the more clear this becomes.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Honestly, I need ISP practice for WHobo. Thats the main reason I'm interested in this. If items were to be turned off then it would just be another boring tournamennt where I come in last again. Wooo...

This seems like something fun, why must people try to change what the TO wants to do?

Hyro/Ran, if you have such a problem with the way he runs it then don't come. I can't stress that enough. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE RULES DONT COME. Because like Vaughn said, we will be having fun without you.

I haven't seen either of you stepping up to run a tournament recently. So maybe you should stop criticizing(sp?) others' rules and set up your own tournament.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Honestly, I need ISP practice for WHobo. Thats the main reason I'm interested in this. If items were to be turned off then it would just be another boring tournamennt where I come in last again. Wooo...

This seems like something fun, why must people try to change what the TO wants to do?

Hyro/Ran, if you have such a problem with the way he runs it then don't come. I can't stress that enough. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE RULES DONT COME. Because like Vaughn said, we will be having fun without you.

I haven't seen either of you stepping up to run a tournament recently. So maybe you should stop criticizing(sp?) others' rules and set up your own tournament.
Well now that we've established you're very tough and manly and cool, maybe you can go back and read the thread.

Don't call out names unless you're gonna call out everyone who had a problem with this (hyro/ran/lee/jnig/arc/batto)

and you honestly don't have to try and act hard telling us not to come. We already said we weren't ****ing coming like five times.

Just because the melee people had problems with your ****ty TO skills doesn't mean you have to back up other TO's who make poor choices. Don't get involved involved. I can't stress that enough.

Also can we have our ****ing money? ty

Curlz

Smash Lord
How am I trying to be "manly and cool and tough" by explaining my views for this? You think it makes you cool to pick on me?

I only called out you and Ran because you two are responding the most. Good ****, you can call out everyone else. And I'm not trying to "act hard" like you think. I am just saying don't come if you have a problem with it.

And I do happen to recall you downing my rule decisions and I was still able to hold one of LA's biggest tournaments since LasT 3. Maybe change is a good thing? Or maybe just chilling and having a fun time with the game is another good thing.

And of course I have to back up other TOs when other people are *****ing him out because I know how stressful it can be to have people complaining about the rules even though the person complaining doesn't want to run their own tournament.

I have nothing against you Hyro, but you do tend to complain about the rules more than the average bear.

Sudai

Stuff here
*yawns* I was interested in going, but I'm going to my dad's tomorrow night which means I won't be in BR till like..3-4 at earliest. I'll prolly stop by and chill for a bit, but no tourney for me...like normal. lol

Hyro picks the one tourney I enter in, what, 4-5 months? to make a point. :p

Edit: Oh, and... N-N-N-NAME SEARCH!

'V'

Smash Lord
*Sigh* I never thought I of all people would be saying this, but I miss the old Melee days. Regardless of how exactly the Melee tourney was run at FFF, I think it was still more fun than anything that Brawl has to offer.

I've said it many times before in the past. Now I'm saying it again.

This community sucks.

Sudai

Stuff here
V, move to Colorado with me. Big lake like 15 min from where I'm gonna be at. We can do all kinds of **** with a Lake that we can't do in BR.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Our Brawl scene goes to hell because no one holds competitive tournaments regularly, if at all.

Chinese Inn had a good thing going.

LOST had a good thing going.

Outside of Lee and Hyro, and maybe Justin now, no one from OoS cares about LA.

Hyro should stop being lazy and run PnT again.

NOLA makes up a good portion of the community now, as far as people/attendance go.

There's no competition any more, it's just hanging out and ****** n00bs.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Outside of Lee and Hyro, and maybe Justin now, no one from OoS cares about LA.
Are we really that far behind other states(mainly in our general area)?

Curlz does a pretty good job in getting people to come to tournaments. Like myself, we still need a little bit of experience in running brackets/enforcing rules.

We just need to get enough tournaments running.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Look, if you don't like what I'm doing then I'd appreciate it if you would just not come and also stop making a huge **** of yourself and stop flaming this thread (that especially means Hyro). If you guys are going ***** about one little tournament, then you guys need to find yourself a new venue or better yet, get a life.

-Ran

Smash Master
There has always been a significant divide between the us and Texas in terms of skill. For the longest time, if it wasn't for Lee [pre-Hyro and much more recently Jnig] we'd have been completely forgettable. The truth is, being power ranked in Louisiana is maybe on par with being Honorable Mention in Texas, and even then that's a stretch.

'V'

Smash Lord
Yes. Louisiana as a whole has always sucked in smash compared to other regions. This has happened since Melee. Which is probably why I don't see why most of our players still even bother with this game considering they play it competitively.

Curlz does a pretty good job in getting people to come to tournaments. Like myself, we still need a little bit of experience in running brackets/enforcing rules.
From what I saw, you do just fine when it comes to running tourneys. Not catering to a few players sometimes does not mean anything bad.

Look, if you don't like what I'm doing then I'd appreciate it if you would just not come and also stop making a huge **** of yourself and stop flaming this thread (that especially means Hyro). If you guys are going ***** about one little tournament, then you guys need to find yourself a new venue or better yet, get a life.
Word...

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Guys, it's already been said, if you don't like the rules don't come. If you've made it known that you're not coming, then I truly see no need in you needing to come back here just to complain about the rules constantly. Just wait for the next event, or simply run one of your own. All I'm seeing is the same thing coming up again and again. I'm not to big of a fan on items, not to mention i'm starting to lose my spark for Brawl, but I'm still playing in the tourney and will try things out. We could simply have normal singles as a side event, but as far as I'm concerned, it will depend on voting.

I've also come up with a money match for whoever wants to accept...
My Brawl Career vs What you offer(make it reasonable)
Anyone who accepts this will be responsible for retiring me...FOREVER. This match will take place at the next LasT.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Curlz I know what I'm talking about, and Spring Smash isn't LOST.

Tournies are too seldom to be catered to the minority.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Why the hate on Brawl Vaughn? Surely you learned in philosophy that everything is subjective. But really, to everyone, stop telling us that if we don't like the rules to not come. Because if the rules aren't changed, we won't come. We're just trying to make this clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom