• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago's All Smash (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl ) and Naruto Revolution 2 November 1st

Mars-

Smash Champion
I just wanted to subscribe but also I think I should mention expecting a brawl tourny to finish in an hour is kinda not realistic from what I have seen. Cave tournys took longer then an hour.

EDIT: Put me and Sveet down for melee singles, I don't know about doubles.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
I believe that they said that there will be stations for each game going all throughout the day, therefore they won't expect each individual tourny to finish before the next one starts, there will be overlapping.

khepri

Smash Lord
Taotao and I are teaming for brawl doubles, I'm not doing brawl singles. Still signed up for everything melee.

Us melee people should do crews just for the hell of it.

Scythe

Smash Master
Just cause certain people are going doesn't mean top 3 for brawl are decided. This isn't melee.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
i can bring a melee setup, and big c can bring a brawl setup....minus the tvs of course <_<.

edit: freaking big c....gotta be jewing me and my melee setup...
Ok i got you Tink, You are bringing the Melee set-up that Big C said he was bringing, that's fine. XD

so it it still at the same address??
Yes it is still at the same address, 2717 N Clark St.
They are remodeling a new area of the venue to give us enough room to run the tournament and hold everyone. So it is much larger than the original section they were going to give me at first. I just talked to them and it looks like the remodeling is almost done and should be ready by Wednesday for me to go and start setting up for the tournament next Saturday.

I just wanted to subscribe but also I think I should mention expecting a brawl tourny to finish in an hour is kinda not realistic from what I have seen. Cave tournys took longer then an hour.

EDIT: Put me and Sveet down for melee singles, I don't know about doubles.
Ok man, I got you down for the prereg list.

I know Brawl will not take an hour, that's just silly, I remember how long Brawl Doubles took at my last Tourney in End of Summer.... @_@

Basically there will be set-ups all day to run every single Tournament going on that day.

Brawl Doubles Starts at Noon.
Melee Doubles Starts at 3PM
Naruto Starts at 3PM
Brawl Singles Starts at 5PM
Melee Singles Starts at7PM
Smash 64 Starts at around 8-9PM

So tournaments will eventually overlap, but only the people playing in both games and if they are in deep in one tournament might have to go from one station to another, but for the most part, most people will be playing one tournament at a time.

This is the updated list of people bringing set-ups. If you bring a TV that will be greatly appreciated. Whatever TV is open we can use it for Casuals if people want. I truly appreciate it guys and hope to see everyone next Saturday! ^_^

Set –ups!

Anther – Wii w/ Brawl, Melee
Big C - Wii w/ Brawl, Melee, TV
Crazn - Wii w/ Brawl, TV
Dajayman - Game Cube w/ Melee, Nintendo 64
Dark Kakashi – Wii w/ Brawl, Melee, Smash 64, Naruto Revolution 2, 2-3TVs, and 1-2 VCRs
MachinegunNorm - Wii w/ Brawl, TV,
Necrosis - Wii w/ Naruto Revolution 2
Omniswell – Wii w/ Brawl, Melee, Naruto Revolution 2
Raid - Wii w/ Brawl, Melee, TV
Tink - Game Cube w/ Melee
Vayseth – Wii w/ Naruto Revolution 2, TV, and VCR
Zeus – Game Cube w/ Melee
Zjiin – Game Cube w/ Melee

Mars-

Smash Champion
I know Brawl will not take an hour, that's just silly, I remember how long Brawl Doubles took at my last Tourney in End of Summer.... @_@

Basically there will be set-ups all day to run every single Tournament going on that day.
It's not that it's just for the people that are playing melee and brawl singles (whoever is deserves to lose). But I mean if your in a time frame and that can't be helped it's understandable.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
It's not that it's just for the people that are playing melee and brawl singles (whoever is deserves to lose). But I mean if your in a time frame and that can't be helped it's understandable.

I understand. I was actually thinking of moving Brawl Singles to an earlier time at 4PM or talking to Zjiin about moving Melee Singles to 8PM. I just assume Melee singles at 8PM would be too late and Brawl Singles at 4PM would be overlapping the people that entered Melee Doubles and Naruto. I was just thinking that a 2 hour gap between Brawl and Melee Singles would probably be enough to eliminate most of the participants from the Brawl Tourney before we start with Melee. I know there will be a few people in both, but that is only for those that are in the Brawl tourney and are deep in it like in the Semis or something, but by then the Brawl tourney should be down quite a few people.

I have no problem waiting on the people that are on both tournaments since I hope there isn't that many at that point. But I guess I'll see how things work out atm.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
So tournaments will eventually overlap, but only the people playing in both games and if they are in deep in one tournament might have to go from one station to another, but for the most part, most people will be playing one tournament at a time...
Is this why I can't participate in melee singles? I'm in brawl singles and doubles now, but I'm still not in melee singles. I'll do both, even if it means going from one game to the other. I'm just playing melee for fun, I don't expect to win anything. :laugh:

Anther – Wii w/ Brawl, Melee
Now I really don't expect to win anything... ugh!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I understand. I was actually thinking of moving Brawl Singles to an earlier time at 4PM or talking to Zjiin about moving Melee Singles to 8PM. I just assume Melee singles at 8PM would be too late and Brawl Singles at 4PM would be overlapping the people that entered Melee Doubles and Naruto. I was just thinking that a 2 hour gap between Brawl and Melee Singles would probably be enough to eliminate most of the participants from the Brawl Tourney before we start with Melee. I know there will be a few people in both, but that is only for those that are in the Brawl tourney and are deep in it like in the Semis or something, but by then the Brawl tourney should be down quite a few people.

I have no problem waiting on the people that are on both tournaments since I hope there isn't that many at that point. But I guess I'll see how things work out atm.
I think that Brawl should be together, because some people aren't playing melee (I know, we're crazy right?) so that would be helpful. Brawl singles at 4 sounds good though.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Is this why I can't participate in melee singles? I'm in brawl singles and doubles now, but I'm still not in melee singles. I'll do both, even if it means going from one game to the other. I'm just playing melee for fun, I don't expect to win anything. :laugh:
Ok man, I added you to the Melee Singles lists.

I think that Brawl should be together, because some people aren't playing melee (I know, we're crazy right?) so that would be helpful. Brawl singles at 4 sounds good though.

I'll see atm I am going to tell people what they think. Though I will not have Brawl singles and Doubles run at the same time, that is just nuts.

But to make room for everything and atm having a 5 hour gap between Brawl Doubles and Singles probably is not right.

Melee Doubles and Naruto will be pushed back 1 hour to 2PM
And Brawl Singles push back to 4PM.

What does everyone think of that schedule?
If not we can always leave it how it is atm. ^_^
Hope to hear some responses. =D

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey man, we might have one more coming. Is it too late to have a brawl/melee set up? He can bring recording equipment so if that can count off of the venue, that'd be cool too.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ok man, I added you to the Melee Singles lists.

I'll see atm I am going to tell people what they think. Though I will not have Brawl singles and Doubles run at the same time, that is just nuts.

But to make room for everything and atm having a 5 hour gap between Brawl Doubles and Singles probably is not right.

Melee Doubles and Naruto will be pushed back 1 hour to 2PM
And Brawl Singles push back to 4PM.

What does everyone think of that schedule?
If not we can always leave it how it is atm. ^_^
Hope to hear some responses. =D

I don't mean at the same time, I mean closer together, and your schedule sounds good.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Hey man, we might have one more coming. Is it too late to have a brawl/melee set up? He can bring recording equipment so if that can count off of the venue, that'd be cool too.

Yeah man that is fine. I am assuming the Brawl/Melee set up you speak off is System and Game? If so, then yeah, but the recording equipment would be greatly appreciated as well.

I'm trying to see how many TVs we can get and hopefully we have enough for every tournament.

I checked out the venue yesterday and it is coming along nicely, so if people want to bring TVs to set up we can do that. I will label all your stuff so nothing really happens to your equipment that you bring. I will start setting up at the Venue probably Wednesday or Thursday, so if you guys, I mean the local Chicago people, want to come with me to the venue early. You can come with your TVs before the tourney day, so come tourney time, you won't have to drag the TVs with you. Just a suggestion basically, you are more than welcome to bring all your stuff on tournament day.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Pre-reg stuff:
Dan - SCOTU/ Melee singles, Melee Doubles if anyone still needs a teammate

I can bring a wii w/ Melee/brawl and recording equipment (i.e. I'm that other person vayseth mentioned)

All that said, anyone want to team for Melee doubs?

Zjiin

Smash Master
I will also be bringing some recording devices. Although,if people want to get the brawl finals recorded, they will have to supply their own tapes.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm bringing a VCR to record Naruto. Brawl people better get crackin' on recording equipment. But then again, there's enough Anther videos out there huh? =P

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
^OK... Was that necessary?

And so are we just recording big games or anyone's who wants their vids uploaded, because i'd love to have some recorded if that's ok with whoever's bringing the stuff.

BIG C

Smash Master
well, mine I would just leave goin for the duration of the tournament, and w/e whoever uploads my tapes uploads would get uploaded.

but i am still waiting on a reply on if someone with capturing capabilities would capture and upload my tapes.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I can capture/upload stuff.

I could also bring my USB capture card...but I'd have to find my laptop and stuff first :o

Or if someone happens to have a replay hack that can save replays of any length...that would work too. xD

BIG C

Smash Master
I can capture/upload stuff.

I could also bring my USB capture card...but I'd have to find my laptop and stuff first :o

Or if someone happens to have a replay hack that can save replays of any length...that would work too. xD
well if you wanna capture upload stuff that i record i'll bring my vcr and some tapes.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i can bring my recording stuff also i suppose. its so annoying though but meh, might as well sense everyone else is doing it. XD

Top Bottom